collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:27:44 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by villa for life
[Today at 11:26:26 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Risso
[Today at 11:25:34 PM]

Robin Olsen by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:25:33 PM]

Champions League Contention by Smirker
[Today at 11:23:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Didier Five
[Today at 11:20:09 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 11:19:38 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:15:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Ipswich Town Post-Match Thread  (Read 16301 times)

Offline l_mckay

Re: Aston Villa v Ipswich Town Post-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2017, 09:25:48 PM »
A good solid team performance today,whelan man of the match for me. Be interesting to see how we perform next week against tougher opposition.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2017, 09:30:32 PM »
Big improvement on Tuesday night, but a bit concerning it's only Bert finding the net, superb as he is. Probably the biggest plus was Whelan, who at last showed the form, he produced for Stoke over so many years. The Scottish Cafu continues his outstanding run of form.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2017, 09:36:35 PM »
They looked dangerous at set pieces but nothing more. Very poor in fact.

I only got nervous with them at corners. They could quite easily on another day have scored a couple. The fact they didn't is why we're sitting here looking smug with the three points. They didn't manage a single shot on target all day. For me, Bruce has instilled a hard working ethic to match anybody in this league. Despite being two down, right up to the last minute, Ipswich were chasing and fighting for everything, even though we rode out the last ten minutes by simply passing the ball around at will. We have to maintain that effort and we'll keep picking up the points.

Watching the Rags tonight, a very hard working performance and chances to win by a few goals against a team you would have expected to smash them. We just need to keep taking our chances and working hard and we should be "there or there abouts".

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2017, 09:48:11 PM »
Big improvement on Tuesday night, but a bit concerning it's only Bert finding the net, superb as he is. Probably the biggest plus was Whelan, who at last showed the form, he produced for Stoke over so many years. The Scottish Cafu continues his outstanding run of form.

Totally agree, Whelan deserves a mention as hes usually the first to criticised. Albert's going to get a lot more attention from defenders in forthcoming games.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2017, 09:52:18 PM »
They looked dangerous at set pieces but nothing more. Very poor in fact.

I only got nervous with them at corners. They could quite easily on another day have scored a couple. The fact they didn't is why we're sitting here looking smug with the three points. They didn't manage a single shot on target all day. For me, Bruce has instilled a hard working ethic to match anybody in this league. Despite being two down, right up to the last minute, Ipswich were chasing and fighting for everything, even though we rode out the last ten minutes by simply passing the ball around at will. We have to maintain that effort and we'll keep picking up the points.

Watching the Rags tonight, a very hard working performance and chances to win by a few goals against a team you would have expected to smash them. We just need to keep taking our chances and working hard and we should be "there or there abouts".

Out of interest, were you at the game or did you watch the highlights?

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2017, 09:52:57 PM »
It was me what won it. Started the pre-match thread and predicted 2-0.

Fair do, Risso, you're the man with the shirt now.....it's down to you now so don't let us down

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2017, 09:55:02 PM »
Dull but effective. They didn’t trouble us, it would be nice to throw the shackles off and really stuff someone, and Ipswich could have been the team to do it to.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2017, 09:56:13 PM »
Caught the ‘highlights’ on the terrible Channel 5 programme, did the owner do some sort of lap of honour today?

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2017, 09:59:38 PM »
I thought corners aside Ipswich were the worst side I’ve seen here all season.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2017, 10:01:57 PM »
While the nation is masturbating themselves into a frenzy over Wolves, we are going about our business quietly and effectively.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2017, 10:03:10 PM »
While the nation is masturbating themselves into a frenzy over Wolves, we are going about our business quietly and effectively.

A very good place to be

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2017, 10:05:27 PM »
I'd rather be where Wolves are and have everyone 'masturbating themselves' over us. Their football is exciting and on a different level to us.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2017, 10:06:04 PM »

I’ve never known a club more punch-drunk at been top of the Championship in my life. Listening their fans the last couple of weeks has been brilliant, they’re not content with just winning this league, a good number of them actually think they’re gonna win the PL next season and then take on Europe. Unbelievable.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2017, 10:07:10 PM »
I'd rather be where Wolves are and have everyone 'masturbating themselves' over us. Their football is exciting and on a different level to us.

You’d think they’d sell out every week though what with their Barcelona style football, but they don’t, and their stadium only holds about 30k. Terrible support really.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2017, 10:07:59 PM »
Whats there attendances though?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal