collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Small Rodent
[Today at 10:51:18 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by taylorsworkrate
[Today at 10:49:14 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Steve67
[Today at 10:49:02 PM]

Diego Carlos by Monty
[Today at 10:48:12 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 10:47:30 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Steve67
[Today at 10:46:03 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Steve67
[Today at 10:44:11 PM]

Champions League Contention by aj2k77
[Today at 10:43:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Preston North End v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 17517 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Preston North End v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2017, 08:54:30 AM »
steady, steady.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2017, 09:01:51 AM »
Great win last night defence is looking really solid as is the keeper (sign him up) Davis is a proper handful and he's only 19! Midfield also looked pretty decent and in control. This could be Grealish's chance to finally show what he can do when he is ready. Finding a place for him will be the challenge. O'hares also pushing hard for a place as will Green when he's ready.  I can finally say that I have a strange feeling that I used to have years ago, I think it's called optimism. UTV.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2017, 09:02:32 AM »
I thought we were great. At 2-0, you always like the extra goal to properly kill the game off but last night it wasnt needed we looked so comfortable. Whelan man of the match for me, his best game yet.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2017, 09:03:52 AM »
Only sour note about tonight is Junction 27 to 26 being closed.

Excellent and thoroughly professional away win.

Bit sloppy second half in keeping the ball, but we looked dangerous on the break. Defensively we're excellent.

Davis is a bully. Excellent the way he's developing although they did their best to get him sent off.

We limited them to not a lot at all, with barely two half hearted efforts at goal and a long diagonal ball to their front man.

Could have add a couple more, but still enjoyable to see us boss a game against a side who've had a good start.
The journey back to N Yorks was fine ... ;D
I agree, the second half was a little sloppy at times.
Snodgrass really isn't very good and Hourinhane was very in and out; otherwise, a decent collective performance.
To be fair, PNE were rubbish, with one or two exceptions (Daniel Johnson being one; thanks for giving that one away, Lamberk).

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2017, 09:04:57 AM »
After his performance for the U23 the other night I was disappointed not to see O"Hare on the bench at the very least

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2017, 09:19:05 AM »
What made it better, apart from having my brother in law with me (PNE fan), was that Preston are no mugs. This was an accomplished performance against a team that has a good chance of making the playoffs, and despite injuries are more than capable of causing problems.

I am starting to believe we can make automatic promotion.

It would be nice but don't forget that there is only the runners up place to aim for.
Dingles have already won the league by a record points tally, scoring the most goals, conceding the least, playing the most attractive football on the planet and being watched by the biggest crowds (almost).

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2017, 09:20:54 AM »
What made it better, apart from having my brother in law with me (PNE fan), was that Preston are no mugs. This was an accomplished performance against a team that has a good chance of making the playoffs, and despite injuries are more than capable of causing problems.

I am starting to believe we can make automatic promotion.

It would be nice but don't forget that there is only the runners up place to aim for.
Dingles have already won the league by a record points tally, scoring the most goals, conceding the least, playing the most attractive football on the planet and being watched by the biggest crowds (almost).

We can catch Wolves.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2017, 09:31:20 AM »
Only sour note about tonight is Junction 27 to 26 being closed.
Yes and as far as I know Bruce made no changes to open that up☹️

Offline manic-road

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2017, 09:42:09 AM »
After his performance for the U23 the other night I was disappointed not to see O"Hare on the bench at the very least

Probably because he only played on the Monday.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2017, 10:18:05 AM »
Just home after a night on the Yorkshire Moors with Damon.  I am, and have been from the start a massive fan of Keinan but my man of the match was John Terry.  It was a master class of central defending.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:25:00 AM by brian green »

Online maigrait

• GM : 12.07.2019
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2017, 10:31:31 AM »
Excellent result. Defensively we were fantastic... Everyone worked as a unit. Albert had an off day, quite a few of his touches were poor. Hogan to be fair when he came on did run around a lot but his touch was terrible, he kicked it straight out of play at one stage under no pressure... not sure if his head is straight at all. I guess its hard when you only have bit parts...

Well done chaps!

Offline boozey182

« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2017, 10:40:56 AM »
The most positive thing for me is that it was such a comfortable win, and yet there are still plenty of areas in which we can improve: Davis and Onomah were both great, but can get even better and more consistent. Snodgrass and Hourihane have more to offer than they're currently showing (I accept that Snodgrass scored and got an assist, but still think his overall game is below par for a man of his ability). We missed plenty of chances, and we generally lacked composure when we were breaking in the second half. If these things start clicking, we'll be unstoppable.

I do think, though, that Preston were there for the taking and played into our hands with their direct approach. Anyone who's watched us this season will know that's not the way to get at our centre backs.

Saturday is still huge. 7 points from these 3 matches is brilliant. 5 or 4 is not good enough. Such are the fine margins in this league.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2017, 10:41:03 AM »
We can catch Wolves.
No no we can't. Don't you realise that they are from another planet and untouchable. I understand from their honest down to earth supporters that the Championship trophy will be handed to them on Christmas eve.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2017, 10:42:53 AM »
Hare hare.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2017, 10:47:42 AM »
Disappointed that we gave the ball away too much in the second half but overall very pleased.

Not sure what all the fuss is about - we always play well on SKY
 :o

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal