collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 133234 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #720 on: July 29, 2018, 06:54:11 PM »
So long as Bruce recognises the fact he can’t play every game and is prepared to rotate then yes get him back.

and both Bruce and Snoddy understand that if he's struggling to find space he can be moved to the centre or the left. One of the most frustrating things last season was seeing full backs get on top of him and Adomah and watch us do nothing to change it.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #721 on: July 29, 2018, 07:01:36 PM »
I’d have him back at the drop of a hat because of his attitude and will to win - something I haven’t seen from a Villa player for near on 5 years

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #722 on: July 29, 2018, 07:03:59 PM »
Attitude TICK
Likeability TICK

If only sentiment made a footballer.  Poor distribution and lack  of legs unfortunatley its a no from me.

Online aldridgeboy

« Reply #723 on: July 29, 2018, 07:04:28 PM »
Get him back. ASAP.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #724 on: July 29, 2018, 07:07:17 PM »
So long as Bruce recognises the fact he can’t play every game and is prepared to rotate then yes get him back.

and both Bruce and Snoddy understand that if he's struggling to find space he can be moved to the centre or the left. One of the most frustrating things last season was seeing full backs get on top of him and Adomah and watch us do nothing to change it.
I think Snodgrass would be best suited to a central role,possesses a good shot,hard working and more of a physical presence than Hourihane.
My concern is that under Bruce it's always a preference for older players at the expense of the development of younger players.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #725 on: July 29, 2018, 07:10:56 PM »
Much as he ticks several boxes the major one I think that is the issue is his age  - we simply have to move on from the older generation we had last season and find young players who will do a good job at this level

Nothing against Snoddy but we need a different type of player and I am guessing what he cost last year would pay for Woodburn and AN Other this season

Offline kieron

« Reply #726 on: July 29, 2018, 07:28:25 PM »
Sorry, but whether a player is 30 years of age last season or subsequently 31 this coming season, the fact remains that he got seven goals and FOURTEEN assists as that exact same 30 year old last time out. Precisely why there's nothing wrong with a loan in this instance.

He's an absolute, categoric no brainer for us if we can get him back. We need his ability, professionalism, character and infectious spirit.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #727 on: July 29, 2018, 07:33:17 PM »
Sorry, but whether a player is 30 years of age last season or subsequently 31 this coming season, the fact remains that he got seven goals and FOURTEEN assists as that exact same 30 year old last time out. Precisely why there's nothing wrong with a loan in this instance.

as long as it's a season long loan with NO permanent deal attached

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #728 on: July 29, 2018, 07:35:39 PM »

He's an absolute, categoric no brainer for us if we can get him back. We need his ability, professionalism, character and infectious spirit.

17 assists when I read the official site the other day.

« Reply #729 on: July 29, 2018, 07:39:50 PM »
And what did he cost in terms of wages? Possibly 50k a week?

Offline kieron

« Reply #730 on: July 29, 2018, 07:49:56 PM »
Probably the going rate for an experienced midfielder with 7 goals and making 14 (or 17) others.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #731 on: July 29, 2018, 07:50:41 PM »
And what did he cost in terms of wages? Possibly 50k a week?

Who cares it was a loan and if it doesn’t work out it’s done, unlike the nobs we gave 3-4 year contracts to on similar money

« Reply #732 on: July 29, 2018, 08:02:34 PM »
My point is I dont think we should look to pay him the same again in the coming season .... Woodburn is a good prospect and doubt he would cost half of that

Offline kieron

« Reply #733 on: July 29, 2018, 08:38:08 PM »
Why couldn't he command the same sort of figure if he's already got proven track record?

"Well done for providing AVFC with 7 goals and 14 assists, Robert. We'll welcome you back with open arms, but here, have a pay cut"

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #734 on: July 29, 2018, 09:24:33 PM »
Did we pay 100% of his wages last season?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal