collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 133233 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #660 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:13 PM »
good guy but in the end close but no cigar. Onwards you Villa Boys.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #661 on: May 28, 2018, 09:47:39 PM »
Fuck me he didn't waste any time. Could have at least waited to see if he received any better offers.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #662 on: May 28, 2018, 09:50:27 PM »
Fuck me he didn't waste any time. Could have at least waited to see if he received any better offers.

He obviously has

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #663 on: May 28, 2018, 09:50:59 PM »
He's already got a better offer. We'll never match his West ham wages or even get close

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #664 on: May 28, 2018, 09:54:45 PM »
fair play to him. Even if we'd gone up i'm not sure we would have signed him permanently. One of those "too good for the championship, not good enough for the premier" players

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #665 on: May 28, 2018, 10:02:50 PM »
1st 3rd of season started slowly and looked unfit.
2nd 3rd of the season really became part of the team ethic. Chipped in with goals and his dead ball delivery was a real threat.
Final 3rd of the season work rate was excellent but his goal threat and delivery really dropped off.

Thanks for your help but no great loss imho

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #666 on: May 28, 2018, 10:03:58 PM »

He's a West Ham player, what was he meant to do or say?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #667 on: May 28, 2018, 10:04:54 PM »
His loan period is up and isn’t going to be renewed. There really isn’t a reason to knock him is there?

I’m glad we had him, a proper Villa man, 100% effort, even when it wasn’t going for him.

Always felt that he knew what a privilege it was to be playing football for a living, I liked him a lot. Even if he did make a right fucking mess of that final free kick.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #668 on: May 28, 2018, 10:07:47 PM »
Yeah he gave it everything, his late goal at Sheff Utd was one of the moments of the season.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #669 on: May 28, 2018, 11:57:17 PM »
1st 3rd of season started slowly and looked unfit.
2nd 3rd of the season really became part of the team ethic. Chipped in with goals and his dead ball delivery was a real threat.
Final 3rd of the season work rate was excellent but his goal threat and delivery really dropped off.

Thanks for your help but no great loss imho

Bloody hell. It's fascinating how we see the game so differently especially as I generally agree with you, Hookey.

First third of the season, he was the catalyst for driving the team forward. We were still half asleep before he arrived and for me the best signing on so many levels by Bruce. Bruce knew exactly what he was going to get and I hold my hand up for doubting him. Bloody brilliant signing.

2nd 3rd of the season really became part of the team ethic? I'd say he set the work ethic. The man leaves everything on the pitch. The perfect pro and leads by example.

Final third of the season, the way he linked up with Jack was a joy to watch. The only thing I saw in the last few games that disappointed me was Snoddy coming inside far too much but I put that down to poor tactics than anything else.

For me, he's going to be the hardest player to replace, both for his skill and technique plus his wonderful determination. To get out of this shitty division we need a team of Snoddys.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #670 on: May 29, 2018, 12:09:38 AM »
Poor game on Saturday but overall showed he's a very good player at this level. Also gave a stuff playing for us which was nice to see.

Think the Instagram post is nothing more than him knowing if we didn't go up Saturday was going to be his last game.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #671 on: May 29, 2018, 12:13:29 AM »
Not sure he was all that. He came good but a look at this thread round November/december and there was a lot of people calling him a dud. End of the day it was a marriage of convenience. He will probably get a move from the exposure. We may have signed him if we'd gone up though you'd hope with the 160m or whatever we may have upgraded from a 30 yr old west ham reserve.. I wish him well anyway.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #672 on: May 29, 2018, 12:13:49 AM »
Yeah he gave it everything, his late goal at Sheff Utd was one of the moments of the season.
Just thinking about that late winner has cheered me up 👍

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #673 on: May 29, 2018, 12:41:14 AM »
The goals and assists dried up when we needed them the most, but he certainly played his part this season.  Clever player, but not being the quickest and being on the ‘wrong’ side didn’t always suit him.  Would have been interested to see him in a more central role behind a striker as I think that position would have suited him more. 

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #674 on: May 29, 2018, 01:00:32 AM »
There's a lot of things to like about him but, unlike when he was playing really well after Christmas, when the pressure came on he seemed to think that he had to be the main man to drag the team over the line and he started hold the ball far too much.  By taking 3-4 touches inside every time he made us really narrow and when you add the fact that he's not really quick enough to be a proper winger and that he doesn't like swapping sides I think he played a big part in us being predictable in the 'crunch' games.

I wouldn't have kept him had we gone up and we're not getting him back again for next year so cheerio Snoddy and best of luck.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal