collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 132589 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #435 on: December 27, 2017, 07:05:04 AM »
it's no coincidence that WHU and Stoke wanted rid of the players Bruce was desperate to get - they're crap.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #436 on: December 27, 2017, 09:49:36 AM »
Snodgrass - flatter to deceive. Without the flattery or ability to deceive.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #437 on: December 27, 2017, 09:51:45 AM »
How much did West Ham spunk on this player?

£10m

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #438 on: December 27, 2017, 10:19:04 AM »
Hopeless yesterday again. In the second half Grealish delivered a lovely cross to the back post yesterday. If Snodgrass had shown an ounce of gumption to get ahead of the full back it was a tap in. A poor man's Carles Gil.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #439 on: December 27, 2017, 11:00:14 AM »
I see Snodgrass picked himself for yesterday's game and will probably do so again next Saturday. How weak are our management and coaching staff, that an out of form loaner from West spam can pick himself in the starting line-up, dictate where he wants to play and the formation and tactics that he thinks best suit him, affecting the balance of the team as a consequence?  Send him back asap!!!

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #440 on: December 27, 2017, 11:23:01 AM »
Hopeless yesterday again. In the second half Grealish delivered a lovely cross to the back post yesterday. If Snodgrass had shown an ounce of gumption to get ahead of the full back it was a tap in. A poor man's Carles Gil.

Lacked gumption and also the desire to get there. It kind of encapsulated in one move our evening.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #441 on: December 27, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »
I can't say I've been overly impressed with him. Maybe he would look better playing behind the striker but failing that, hopefully Adomah's injury is not too serious and Green can come in, giving us the pace we need.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #442 on: December 27, 2017, 11:33:16 AM »
I can't say I've been overly impressed with him. Maybe he would look better playing behind the striker but failing that, hopefully Adomah's injury is not too serious and Green can come in, giving us the pace we need.

I agree Clampy.  Hopefully we can get a target man striker in the window and then one of Snodgrass, Hourihane, Grealish or O'Hare should play off them if we decide to play that way.  We need pace out wide.

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #443 on: December 27, 2017, 02:12:40 PM »
Snodgrass should be sent back to West Ham ...... the only time he looks interested is when he gets taken off and then sulks .......... he does not seem to have a clue how to be a wide player as he simply drifts infield leaving us with no option out there. He will be costing us a lot in wages and I would prefer this be saved or used elsewhere and one of the younger players given a run
It is almost a time to look towards next season and FFP will hit us badly and we need to know now who is upto the standard

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #444 on: December 27, 2017, 07:13:00 PM »
Yes he's pretty much utter shit isn't he.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #445 on: December 28, 2017, 12:10:31 AM »
Snodgrass should be sent back to West Ham ...... the only time he looks interested is when he gets taken off and then sulks .......... he does not seem to have a clue how to be a wide player as he simply drifts infield leaving us with no option out there. He will be costing us a lot in wages and I would prefer this be saved or used elsewhere and one of the younger players given a run
It is almost a time to look towards next season and FFP will hit us badly and we need to know now who is upto the standard

I don't really see what he offers but the point about him coming infield is something that needs to be levied against Bruce really, for playing him on his weaker side. I've not seen him play on the left yet and he's said before that he likes to play either on the left or behind the strikers.

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #446 on: December 28, 2017, 12:13:30 AM »

I don't really see what he offers but the point about him coming infield is something that needs to be levied against Bruce really, for playing him on his weaker side. I've not seen him play on the left yet and he's said before that he likes to play either on the left or behind the strikers.

Snodgrass wants to play on the right. Said as much when he joined. West Ham won't get much back of their 10m for him.

Offline OCD

« Reply #447 on: December 28, 2017, 12:18:00 AM »
I thought he said just the opposite?

Offline brontebilly

Offline OCD

« Reply #449 on: December 28, 2017, 03:21:50 PM »
I have a bit more sympathy for Bilic now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal