collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:50:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 132647 times)

Offline myf

Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2017, 09:35:48 PM »
Official scapegoat of December?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2017, 09:40:18 PM »
Official scapegoat of December?

No not scapegoat - just has not been good enough apart from perhaps Barnsley and Leeds aways.  As I have said he is better bringing the ball from deep e.g. breakaways.  Would be perfect for the likes of Millwall who play that particular way.  Can see why other managers are not taken on him.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2017, 09:51:13 PM »
Leeds away he didn't do much apart from get booked and too riled by his old supporters.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #393 on: December 10, 2017, 10:08:48 PM »
To be fair he was up for it at Leeds and his booking was harsh.  His style is just not suited to our team.  We  have better ball carriers and again apart from a free kick  against  Barnsley (when he played well - no, no world beater) his "famous" dead ball antics have not really been seen.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #394 on: December 10, 2017, 11:34:50 PM »
For me it's all about self-belief with him.  He's not a great player but he really wants to be and when his confidence is up everything he tries just seems to work.  The problem with it is that his belief is quite fragile and he hasn't got the pace or out and out skill to carry him through the bad patches.  I likened him to Milner a few pages back and I stick by it but the key difference is that Milner does one of those confidence building things every game and goes from there, Snoddy seems to have too many games when things just don't go for him and the longer it goes on the worse he gets.  If he has a bad first half you might as well take him off because he very rarely comes out and makes up for it and that's the real problem right now.  As a team we've started badly (or at least had our 'bad half') for about 5-6 games in a row now and whilst the team as a whole have shown the resilience to come back from it he really hasn't.  Onomah seems to suffer the same as well, if he has a poor 15-20 minute spell he disappears for the rest of the game.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2017, 12:28:11 AM »
So to sum it up Paul he is basically no good.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2017, 08:53:57 AM »
Overall been disappointed with snoddy. Seems to pick himself and his position within the team. Distribution generally poor, cutting infield is predictable. He knows his lack of pace would be showed up on the left when he would be  expected to get to the byeline. Instead Adomah is playing on the left where he can't get to the byeline either because of his weaker left foot for crossing. What concerns me is that after 21 games our highest scoring striker is Davis with 2, because no matter who has played upfront, they are not getting the service. I know Adomah has been scoring but he has zero assists and what happens when his goals dry up? Look what happened when O Hare got to the byeline against Sunderland. Samba scored from the cut back. We need more of this, but it won't happen with Snoddy playing where he does. Loved his pass for Adomah vs Ipswich, but generally frustrated with his refusal to run into space on the right and attack it, which he did on at least 2 occasions in the first half in the same match, again his lack of pace being the issue. Time for a re-think I feel now his honeymoon period is over. Opposition teams have wised up to him.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »
I worry like a few managers and with Bruce signings they feel compelled to play irrespective of form

Certainly would re think the right side with Elmo coming in and maybe Jack or O'Hare filling in or maybe something different as it aint working at moment

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #398 on: December 11, 2017, 01:48:37 PM »
I worry like a few managers and with Bruce signings they feel compelled to play irrespective of form

Certainly would re think the right side with Elmo coming in and maybe Jack or O'Hare filling in or maybe something different as it aint working at moment

Given he left his £12m striker on the bench because a kid that he hadn’t signed came in and did a better job, I don’t think that’s a fair criticism of Bruce.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #399 on: December 16, 2017, 06:30:23 PM »
Another uninspiring performance today and why have free kicks and corners been given to him?
Nailed on to start every game though.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #400 on: December 16, 2017, 07:02:22 PM »
Another uninspiring performance today and why have free kicks and corners been given to him?
Nailed on to start every game though.

At the expense of Hourihane. Elmo looked far better earlier in the season too.
I hope he goes back to West Ham.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #401 on: December 16, 2017, 10:10:26 PM »
Was constantly looking to blame anyone else but himself today.  Surely he is better than he is showing.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #402 on: December 16, 2017, 10:15:39 PM »
I thought he was better, and would be better than he has been.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #403 on: December 17, 2017, 08:02:01 AM »
Picking him unbalances the team, Albert should be on the right he should not be sacrificed so Mr. I will play where I say Snodgrass is kept happy, in case Bruce has'nt realised he is not even a Villa player and he is not good enough to make demands end off. Come May say thanks Spammers he is all yours again.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #404 on: December 17, 2017, 08:39:13 AM »
Lacks pace, passes are often wayward, seems to run out of energy. I think any enthusiasm he had for playing for us has dissipated.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal