collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 132604 times)

Online boozey182

• GM : PCM
Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #375 on: November 24, 2017, 01:00:06 PM »
Snodgrass is a funny one. In his first few matches, well most of them actually, I thought he came across like he thought playing in this league was beneath him. And I don't like players dictating where they play, either, and we seem to be pandering to his desire to play on the right whereas I think if we swapped him and Albert over a few times a match, they might be even more dangerous.

However, he did impress me on Tuesday, and he had a great game on Saturday by all accounts. He has a bit of quality and a desire to beat people that sets him apart from most on this league. At times, he's still a bit 'Downing' in the tackle in my opinion, but he seems to be working harder. Great to hear he stays behind after training. Hope it continues; he's the type of player that gives us the edge over a lot of teams in this league. Him, Adomah, Jack and Onomah (in flashes) can all do things most players at this level can't. They can win us matches when we don't play well.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #376 on: November 24, 2017, 04:40:38 PM »
Mixing it up with AA and RS on their alternative wings during a match will lead to questions being asked of their respective defenders.
Uncertainty could prove to be a useful stratagem within the game.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #377 on: November 25, 2017, 07:09:45 AM »
Snoddy's getting increasingly effective as he improves his fitness levels and playing time. I kike him.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #378 on: November 25, 2017, 07:41:29 AM »
Snoddy's getting increasingly effective as he improves his fitness levels and playing time. I kike him.

Steady...

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #379 on: November 25, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »
Had a slow start but he's becoming more influential by the game.

Would he be able to still do it in the premier league? Debatable but he was very good this time last year for Hull. West Ham was just a bad move.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #380 on: December 09, 2017, 10:52:08 AM »
Sullivan has been slagging Snodgrass off saying that his kids "begged him not so sign" him. I cant see him being back at West Ham next season.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #381 on: December 09, 2017, 02:13:32 PM »
Sullivan has been slagging Snodgrass off saying that his kids "begged him not so sign" him. I cant see him being back at West Ham next season.

But can we afford to sign him?
West Ham spent what, £10m on him I think.
Would he suit the Premier if we go up?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #382 on: December 09, 2017, 02:15:45 PM »

But can we afford to sign him?
West Ham spent what, £10m on him I think.
Would he suit the Premier if we go up?

We wouldn't pay that.  He's clearly not wanted there, so falls into the category of player whose parent club is grateful when a club wants to take him off their hands.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #383 on: December 09, 2017, 02:34:03 PM »
What sort of recall clause is in this deal?

Bilic might not have wanted him, but Moyes might believe he can get a tune out of him.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #384 on: December 09, 2017, 08:57:41 PM »
One of them players who plays  better away from home.  He is good carrying the ball on breaks, not as physical and robust as I thought he would be.  I still think ball at  feet Elmo is our best option wide right. 

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #385 on: December 09, 2017, 09:07:39 PM »
continually 5 yards off the full back when we attack because he has no pace, ball crying to be put down the channel into space but we don't because he has no pace. you all getting the pattern here
while callum sits on the bench

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2017, 10:49:23 AM »
One of them players who plays  better away from home.  He is good carrying the ball on breaks, not as physical and robust as I thought he would be.  I still think ball at  feet Elmo is our best option wide right. 

I thought Elmo looked lively when he came on yesterday. As hard as Hutton works, he hasn't got the ability to put in a decent cross into the box.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #387 on: December 10, 2017, 01:50:56 PM »

I thought Elmo looked lively when he came on yesterday. As hard as Hutton works, he hasn't got the ability to put in a decent cross into the box.

Nor did Elmo yesterday.  I saw at least three very poor crosses that were either straight at a Millwall player or massively over or under hit.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2017, 02:35:12 PM »
It was very poor all round. Way too many mistakes from all of the outfield players. Thank goodness for Sam Johnstone. Part of it was just that we played poorly but I will concede part of it is that we have zero threat up front. Davis is shot and he provides no strength or energy to hold up play and take the pressure off the midfield and defence like he was a few weeks back.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2017, 07:07:44 PM »
Jury still out for me, the odd ok performance.
I thought he would be a bigger influence at this level.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal