collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 132650 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #315 on: September 24, 2017, 07:46:54 PM »
Yesterday he did nothing of any benefit and most aided Forest by his ineffectiveness however as others have said let's give him till end of October to light up the Championship.

He crossed to Kodjia for what looked like a brilliant chance in the first half. I think Kodjia mis controlled it. But I may have got the wrong sense of what happened

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2017, 11:34:08 AM »
To be fair he's only been with us for a few games.  Think we need to give him a bit longer to settle in before we judge him.  What I will say is that I don't think setpieces are his strong suit at least not delivery wise.  Over the course of the season I would hope he would chip in with about six or seven goals and bring some much needed enegy to the midfeld.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2017, 03:55:27 PM »
Watched the game again yesterday and I have to say he was useless.  Everything he tried to do didn't come off and he continuously lost the ball.  We know he's better than that so I'm putting it down to lack of fitness and match practice but I think we should persevere with him as he will come good

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »
I agree with the above but once again we've signed someone in their prime but for whatever reason they just can't provide anything to the team when they arrive.  I'm getting pretty fed up of us constantly having to rehabilitate players before they look worth the money we're spending on them.  When was the last time someone came in and made an immediate impact, from the last 20 years I can think of Keane, Carbone and Dublin who came to us with a reputation and lived up to it from the off.  There's a few more who had a decent debut but then dropped off and took a few months to get back to form (Petrov for example).

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2017, 04:43:31 PM »
and also please jt or bruce tell him him when we have a free kick within goal range its Connors not his and totally agree with paul_e these players should hit the ground running for us sick and tired of " oh it will take them time to get up to speed"

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2017, 05:02:25 PM »
I agree with the above but once again we've signed someone in their prime but for whatever reason they just can't provide anything to the team when they arrive.  I'm getting pretty fed up of us constantly having to rehabilitate players before they look worth the money we're spending on them.  When was the last time someone came in and made an immediate impact, from the last 20 years I can think of Keane, Carbone and Dublin who came to us with a reputation and lived up to it from the off.  There's a few more who had a decent debut but then dropped off and took a few months to get back to form (Petrov for example).

Big John.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2017, 05:08:38 PM »

Big John.

And Ashley Young.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2017, 05:59:42 PM »
Even if he hasn't been amazing for us I do think there's better balance in our team now in the final third. He has guile on the left, Albert brings pace for the counter attack on the right and upfront we have a lot of pace and power with the front two.

Will be games where we need three centrally though so would imagine Davis would drop out in that scenario.

Except he refuses to play on the left.  That was his big beef with Slaven Bilic.

He was abject second half on Saturday.  He looked horribly unfit.  I get the fact he hasn't played much first team football recently so I'd expect him to be rusty but I wouldn't expect him to completely neglect any kind of tracking back leaving Elmohamady dealing with two Forest players down that wing throughout the half.  He made Adama seem hardworking.

Hopefully a bit more game time will see him come good though.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2017, 06:26:13 PM »
I'd say Milner flourished at the Villa.
As did Benteke.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #324 on: September 26, 2017, 08:06:37 PM »

Big John.

Probably fair. I wouldn't include Benteke, Milner or young because they were signed for their potential at ages where they were likely to improve. If those players take time to settle it sort of expected but guys who are late 20s or older get the wages they do because they are what we need right now.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2017, 11:51:52 PM »
Give snoddy chance he's a class act for this level.
I wouldn't be surprised if he adds more a goals and assists against a decrypted Bolton team. And he has a good football brain added to his brand with elmo and Bruce he's a promo know how.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #326 on: September 28, 2017, 11:58:38 PM »
Give snoddy chance he's a class act for this level.
I wouldn't be surprised if he adds more a goals and assists against a decrypted Bolton team. And he has a good football brain added to his brand with elmo and Bruce he's a promo know how.

Agree 110%

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #327 on: September 29, 2017, 07:11:56 AM »
He was excellent on Tuesday. He had a bad game against Forest, but I thought he was decent against Barnsely too.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #328 on: September 29, 2017, 12:46:27 PM »
He had had a torrid time at West Ham and hadn't played any competitive football before he joined us this season.  Taking a few weeks to get up to speed is certainly understandable in these circumstances in my view.  I think he will be one of the most influential players in the division and am delighted we signed him.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #329 on: September 29, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »
He was excellent on Tuesday. He had a bad game against Forest, but I thought he was decent against Barnsely too.

Certainly looked a lot sharper on Tuesday than previously. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal