collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 132587 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #270 on: September 02, 2017, 12:44:31 PM »
no it's mine I was referring to the fact that I hoped Snoddy wasn't going to turn into another Ross  (without of course him having kicked a ball yet ) not in terms of MansionGate but injury wise. Anyway none of it made any sense so apologies. Got to go as Mr Baggins is waiting for a refill.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2017, 07:08:12 PM »
I'm wondering if snoddy going to be in the way of other players . I chiefly think he'll take up , some, positions by hourihane for example and also because of his razor type left foot he will be kicking in similar vain to hourihane both on strikes and set pieces.

Where he offers a great differential is behind the striker but also more excitedly in the off the right side of midfield where he can cut in . Obviously not in the class abilities of Messi but he can offer than quality at championship level. I not suggesting he's like Messi at all but would wonder if he not played in best position he'll be in way of other players .

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2017, 07:11:26 PM »
Two mentions of Messi there Skillz, that's your quarterly quota.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2017, 08:09:44 PM »
How did he do on the weekend? Didn't see the game

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #274 on: September 18, 2017, 08:54:58 PM »
For me he seems to be the spark we were missing. Not brilliant but he's managed to wake everybody else up.

Offline KRS

« Reply #275 on: September 18, 2017, 09:24:00 PM »
Being a left footer myself, I can appreciate that he likes to cut inside and have a shot, but I feel he would be of more benefit to the team if he did his thing on the left especially considering our lack of left sided players in the squad.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #276 on: September 18, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
I'd definitely have thought there's a case for him and Albert to switch during the game

But he really doesn't seem to like playing on the left

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #277 on: September 18, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »
For me he seems to be the spark we were missing. Not brilliant but he's managed to wake everybody else up.

Same here, he's put in two decent performances now.  I wouldn't want to be a Championship defender facing Snodgrass, Adomah and Kodjia, if they're all playing well and being used properly.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2017, 10:20:22 PM »
Snodgrass is creating a significant new feel to the team. He is enthusiastic and wants to show what a good player he is (after his slating at west ham) great time to have a supplier now we look likely to be playing two up front .....

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #279 on: September 18, 2017, 10:38:24 PM »
I think if anything, he's given the team a bit of balance.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #280 on: September 18, 2017, 10:43:29 PM »
Being a left footer myself, I can appreciate that he likes to cut inside and have a shot, but I feel he would be of more benefit to the team if he did his thing on the left especially considering our lack of left sided players in the squad.

Agree.  There were a few times on Saturday where he was played into space in the final third and instead of driving forward and getting a shot or cross in, he completely slowed down trying to get the ball onto his left.  He does look to have that spark and bit of quality on the ball  but I foresee him not wanting to play on the left becoming a bit of a problem going forward.  Said it in another thread, but we really could have done with bringing in a quick, naturally left sided player really. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #281 on: September 18, 2017, 10:53:09 PM »
He's very whingy and aggressive too which I like. He looks like a pain in the arse to play against.

Offline KRS

« Reply #282 on: September 19, 2017, 12:02:58 AM »
The main reason any player likes to play on the opposite side is cutting inside on the defenders weaker foot and having a sight of goal with your good foot. It's generally a selfish attitude to have as a player (which isn't always a bad thing), but in our set up it could be to the detriment of the team. On the other hand, if he bags a few goals and his shots from the right create a few tap ins for the likes of Kodjia, Hogan or Adomah then it will be beneficial to the team.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2017, 08:37:47 AM »
Agreed.  He was full of running, aggressive and enthusiastic and, I thought, a reasonable amount of quality.  I thought he had a very effective game and was surprised by some of the low scores for him in the post match thread.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2017, 08:51:26 AM »
The main reason any player likes to play on the opposite side is cutting inside on the defenders weaker foot and having a sight of goal with your good foot. It's generally a selfish attitude to have as a player (which isn't always a bad thing), but in our set up it could be to the detriment of the team. On the other hand, if he bags a few goals and his shots from the right create a few tap ins for the likes of Kodjia, Hogan or Adomah then it will be beneficial to the team.

To be fair, Young was excellent playing on the left, his inswinging crosses were generally more dangerous than the ones he delivered from the right. Same for Downing when he played on the right under Houllier, after a period of adjustment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal