collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by paul_e
[Today at 11:53:33 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 132590 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Robert Snodgrass
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2017, 10:18:21 PM »
Can we call him Pongo?

I have a feeling before he's gone we'll be calling him a lot worse than that unless he recaptures his Leeds form. Had a look around today on Norwich and Hull forums; neither missed him. Saying that, the majority thought he was played out of position and the Hull lot were also glad to see the back of Elmo, so who knows. He was an all-action player for Leeds, a really exciting, hard working player, let's see if he can rediscover that passion whilst he's here. At least he knows he's got a manager that wants him.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2017, 10:23:08 PM »
If I'm reading transfermarkt properly he's averaged a goal or assist every other game for 100 games at this level

That'll do for me

Offline KRS

« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2017, 10:27:14 PM »
Snodgrass will add quality and creativity to the squad, and you'd like to think that he's good enough to stand out against opposition regardless of what position he's played in. Personally I can see him as a driving force for the midfield and with his ability on the ball, I'd have him playing centrally behind forwards to use creativity and vision.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2017, 10:27:28 PM »
Need him signed up tomorrow ready in time for him to lead us to victory over Bristol City on Friday night!

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2017, 10:33:11 PM »
One of the right wingers is gonna have to "do a Youngy" and get used to playing on the left and cutting in on their right. If we are getting Snodgrass on-loan he probably starts most of the time, like Onouha.
He's not really what we need but Bruce going back to old clubs to get his faves is hardly a surprise. Brace yourselves for a Gardner-Cattermole deadline day swap.

As long as he plays alongside Kodija and Keiran Clarke

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2017, 11:35:25 PM »
Snodgrass will add quality and creativity to the squad, and you'd like to think that he's good enough to stand out against opposition regardless of what position he's played in. Personally I can see him as a driving force for the midfield and with his ability on the ball, I'd have him playing centrally behind forwards to use creativity and vision.

I was under the impression it was his delivery from wide that was his best attribute.  If that's the case, you can't play him centrally.  He'll either play on the left or replace Elmo wide right with Adomah/Green on the left I'd guess.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2017, 11:40:44 PM »
Seems a level headed type, too.

On 24 January 2011, an arrest warrant was issued for Snodgrass after he failed to turn up to court regarding an alleged driving offence.[72] A spokesman for Leeds United said that the non-appearance was due to a misunderstanding and that Snodgrass was working with the judicial authorities to resolve the matter.[72]

On 3 March 2017, another arrest warrant was issued for him after he failed to attend his trial for allegedly driving in Glasgow with a baby being held in the arms of a passenger. His defence lawyer said that Snodgrass' absence was due to a misunderstanding.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2017, 06:47:38 AM »
maybe the reason for the misunderstanding was the fact that he cant read the letter about the court date??

What a tool. Just the type of role model we need at our club? as I have read on here that as one of the founders of the original league, that all our players need to be saints.

I just read that he is yet to make up his mind as other clubs are now in for him (including premier league clubs).

Offline KRS

« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2017, 07:18:27 AM »

I was under the impression it was his delivery from wide that was his best attribute.  If that's the case, you can't play him centrally.  He'll either play on the left or replace Elmo wide right with Adomah/Green on the left I'd guess.
If he's as good as some ppl make him out to be then he should be good enough to adapt to other roles or positions in the Championship; if he's not, then I'd fall into the category of thinking that him signing is a waste of time and money when we already have Adomah and Elmo that can play in that role (even if I think Adomah is a bit shit).

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2017, 07:23:37 AM »
we don't need Snoddy and Albert ain't shit. we need a centre forward.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2017, 07:48:29 AM »
Should have gone for Watkins.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2017, 08:11:43 AM »
We should go for the guy from Norwich who terrorised Hutton last Saturday, and forced him to pretend he was injured, so he could be subbed LOL

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2017, 08:30:56 AM »

Another yep.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2017, 08:32:02 AM »
I just read that he is yet to make up his mind as other clubs are now in for him (including premier league clubs).
Good news. He is premier quality so needs to go to Newcastle etc.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2017, 08:35:43 AM »
Another yep.
However there are lot of players out there who have terrorised our Al. We can't sign all of them😟

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal