collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manager suggestions - Now with added poll  (Read 140181 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: Manager suggestions
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2017, 02:50:37 PM »
I want someone in charge who actually wants to keep the ball, attack the opponent and take a positive win the game attitude every time we take to the pitch

I want players that want to keep the ball, attack the opponents and take a positive win the game attitude every time they take to the pitch as well

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2017, 02:57:41 PM »
I want someone in charge who actually wants to keep the ball, attack the opponent and take a positive win the game attitude every time we take to the pitch

I want players that want to keep the ball, attack the opponents and take a positive win the game attitude every time they take to the pitch as well

This.
Brucie has to take the flack and rightly so, it's his team now. But when does a footballer stand up and say I gave my best today, they aren't, they don't and they get away with it from  us and contractually.

Disgrace.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2017, 03:08:17 PM »

This.
Brucie has to take the flack and rightly so, it's his team now. But when does a footballer stand up and say I gave my best today, they aren't, they don't and they get away with it from  us and contractually.

Disgrace.

Do you feel Hogan should grow half a foot and put on two stone to fit in with Bruce's tactics of launching the ball towards him? Should Whelan decrease in age to get the energy and stamina to do the job he is being asked to do?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2017, 03:09:47 PM »
Dwight Yorke. With Diego Maradona DoF.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2017, 03:11:49 PM »
Because Alan Hutton is under strict instructions to launch 50 yard punts to Hogan?

Have a word with yourself.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2017, 03:13:39 PM »
I would rule out Karanka as he's very defensively minded, although it would be just like us to go foreign and bring in an absolute dullard.

Like when we signed the only Spannish player with a bad touch in Cuellar.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2017, 03:15:15 PM »
Because Alan Hutton is under strict instructions to launch 50 yard punts to Hogan?

If he isn't, you might wonder why he keeps doing it.

You have the choice. The manager wants him to do it. Or the manager doesn't want him to do it and doesn't do anything about it.

Neither reflects particularly well on InBruceWeTrust does it?

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2017, 03:17:27 PM »
In Bruce we have a week to sort it or he's a goner.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2017, 03:30:16 PM »

You have the choice. The manager wants him to do it. Or the manager doesn't want him to do it and doesn't do anything about it.

On this specific point I believe there is some mitigation. Grealish being crocked, Elmohamady going off, Kodja unfit - arguably our 3 best attacking options all missing. That does not excuse anything that happened yesterday but it does suggest Hutton launching it 50 yards was not a plan but a consequence.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2017, 03:30:41 PM »
I am with Monty on this.  If we are doomed never to be promoted like Forest and Leeds let's enjoy our games. This football diet of spuds, cabbage and pig's feet (waiter do you have pig's feet?  No sir, it's the shoes) is killing me.  How about accepting defeat providing we are entertained.  Let's get a manager who is not terrified of losing but is terrified of getting the Bolton treatment for inflicting endless boredom on us.  Actually, playing Samba at centre forward against Hull was the only unpredictable thing Bruce has ever done in his time with us.

Do you seriously think Dr T has spent all that money just to settle for that?

As I've said a lot over the last few months, I really don't understand why so many people don't get that playing better footbal that creates chances is a way to improve results, not something you do once you've got the results side on track.

When we signed Bruce I said that the only way he made sense was if we got promoted and that I'd rather we'd have started the transformation then with a focus on high quality basic skills and tempo.  That brings you the sort of football we've seen from Fulham and Brentford (whose managers we're admiring) and is a big part of the Leicester story.  Hogan and Hourihane fit that mould pretty well which is why I've found myself hoping that they were signed with a longer term plan in mind.

The next week is early enough for us to replace him and get a couple of players in (a left winger with a bit of pace being the absolute key requirement).

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2017, 03:31:46 PM »
Dean Smith; from Walsall and Brentford to Villa.

He's welcome down Villa Park, but either in the opposition dug out or on the Holte End.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2017, 03:32:11 PM »
There's no mitigating factors to do continually doing something that doesn't work and never will.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2017, 03:33:23 PM »

Then drop him instead of keep picking him and giving him another contract extension.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »

On this specific point I believe there is some mitigation. Grealish being crocked, Elmohamady going off, Kodja unfit - arguably our 3 best attacking options all missing. That does not excuse anything that happened yesterday but it does suggest Hutton launching it 50 yards was not a plan but a consequence.

Grealish he couldn't get a tune out of last season. To suggest he was to be the fulcrum of our attacking intent this season is pushing it a bit. We knew Kodjia would be out for at least the first month, we did nothing about it.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2017, 03:37:04 PM »

You would think though that after all of these years in management Bruce would have a plan that very rarely if ever need Hutton to do that. Yes you're right those three would help, but his plan is to sit deep and launch meaningless attacks where there is little semblance of cohesiveness. We lose the ball and get burnt because we don't have the pace or energy to combat it. If you have certain weapons, as we have in players of a more senior nature then surely the approach would be tight possession football where the ball does the majority of the work as opposed to the players. Right now we play into the hands of our opponents to the point where Cardiff City, a side most expect to be lower half of the table batter us, and we "got away" with only being done 3-0.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal