collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ahmed Elmohamady - released  (Read 91290 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Ahmed Elmohamady - SIGNED
« Reply #630 on: May 16, 2021, 05:11:18 PM »
Slightly harsh blaming Elmo for the 2nd goal. Don’t think he knew too much about it.

He should've helped Konsa out rather than just staying central. In that type of situation Zaha dosen't tend to just chip it to backpost, he drives into the box and gets the shot in.

AEM alongside Konsa makes it very difficult for Zaha to score from where he was.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #631 on: May 16, 2021, 06:05:03 PM »
Indeed HQ, I acknowledged my oversight a while ago.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #632 on: May 16, 2021, 11:26:44 PM »
You never turn your back if he had stayed front on there would have been no deflection, very poor.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #633 on: May 16, 2021, 11:38:01 PM »
A Fantastic servant to the Football Club and always there to slot in when needed.
Obviously not First Choice in that Position but think he deserves a contract extension for 1 year

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #634 on: May 17, 2021, 09:56:32 AM »
A Fantastic servant to the Football Club and always there to slot in when needed.
Obviously not First Choice in that Position but think he deserves a contract extension for 1 year

I agree with the first sentence and a half but there's no way he should be getting another contract. Guilbert will come back and then we're sorted, alternatively, we'll sell him and bring in another. I'm not convinced Kessler is ready yet to be the back-up.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #635 on: May 17, 2021, 10:01:45 AM »
You never turn your back if he had stayed front on there would have been no deflection, very poor.

While that's correct, it still doesn't excuse Konsa's effort at stopping Zaha which was very poor. Didn't get tight enough to him nor show him outside onto his left foot. Allowing a forward turn that close to goal was asking for trouble.

One thing I notice with Elmo is that he really doesn't want to push forward too much. He will cross from deep but never wants to push past AEG/Traore and get in behind. That's something Guilbert certainly would give us.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #636 on: May 17, 2021, 10:04:13 AM »
Everyone of his defensive headers away yesterday were poor - weak and merely didn't clear any danger whatsoever.  He has been a great servant, but no longer up to it at this level and I've said it all along but favouring him as back up over Guilbert was just a bizarre decision.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #637 on: May 17, 2021, 12:02:43 PM »

While that's correct, it still doesn't excuse Konsa's effort at stopping Zaha which was very poor. Didn't get tight enough to him nor show him outside onto his left foot. Allowing a forward turn that close to goal was asking for trouble.

One thing I notice with Elmo is that he really doesn't want to push forward too much. He will cross from deep but never wants to push past AEG/Traore and get in behind. That's something Guilbert certainly would give us.

That caution might be why he gets favoured, Guilbert had a habit of getting caught upfield.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #638 on: May 17, 2021, 12:22:29 PM »

That caution might be why he gets favoured, Guilbert had a habit of getting caught upfield.

See also Hutton. A, before him.

I also think our improved defence this season is as a result of defenders staying back. Particularly so on the right whilst Targett pushed further forward on the left.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #639 on: May 23, 2021, 01:13:55 PM »
Like to think Elmo gets some minutes today for a good send off if hes to be leaving

Nothing to lose either way if he starts or comes on but a last hurrah and applause for a good servant would be fitting

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #640 on: May 28, 2021, 12:09:42 PM »
He has just posted a farewell message on Twitter. A great club player.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #641 on: May 28, 2021, 12:16:21 PM »
Always gave his all and popped up with some useful goals too. Yes, there were some mistakes too but overall a very good player for us.  I wish him all the best.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #642 on: May 28, 2021, 12:17:06 PM »
Good man Elmo. An important player in a tough time for the club.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #643 on: May 28, 2021, 12:19:54 PM »
Great servant to the club, best wishes for the future. Another one who always gave his all for the club.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #644 on: May 28, 2021, 12:40:33 PM »
I'd keep him on as a Crossing Coach. We could do with the help and he's unquestionably the best at the club.

Thanks for everything, Elmo and best wishes for the future.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal