collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ahmed Elmohamady - released  (Read 91319 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: Ahmed Elmohamady - SIGNED
« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2021, 07:59:30 PM »
Adama Traore keeps himself quiet as he absolutely rubbish.

Every time he has a poor half, he has to do 100 bicep curls on each arm.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2021, 08:00:47 PM »
Adama Traore keeps himself quiet as he absolutely rubbish.

Every time he has a poor half, he has to do 100 bicep curls on each arm.

Ha! Absolutely.

Proper Instagram gym rat where everyday is arms and chest day. Whopper.

Offline nigel

« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2021, 08:07:49 PM »
I’m going to cut Elmo some slack, as I think he’s been brilliant for us.
Yes, he’s, probably, struggled a bit since coming back in. I guess at 34 the pace of the prem has caught him up.   
He has been involved in two clean sheets, though, and will always give his all

Offline colin69

« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2021, 08:12:53 PM »
Thought Elmo played well tonight. Not sure why Adama felt the need to grease his guns at half time though. Think he’s found his level at Wolves.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #604 on: March 06, 2021, 08:14:04 PM »
Thought Elmo played well tonight. Not sure why Adama felt the need to grease his guns at half time though. Think he’s found his level at Wolves.

Traore is Tony Daley on steroids.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2021, 08:15:43 PM »
I like Elmo, and my own two personal highlights from this game were entirely of his making.  In first place was Elmo's foul throw, in the second half.  Very close behind, in second place, was the look of astonishment on Elmo's face when he was flagged for the said foul throw.  I may be wrong but I suspect, sadly, that this will not make it onto MOTD tonight.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2021, 08:18:46 PM »
I’m going to cut Elmo some slack, as I think he’s been brilliant for us.
Yes, he’s, probably, struggled a bit since coming back in. I guess at 34 the pace of the prem has caught him up.   
He has been involved in two clean sheets, though, and will always give his all
I agree. He has been a decent pro for us in the Championship and in the Premier League when he’s had to step in.

Just because Dean Smith doesn’t rate Guilbert doesn’t mean Elmo should get stick. He’s not as good as Cash and is there as cover. Also, we’ve had worse players in the past providing cover than Elmo.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #607 on: March 06, 2021, 08:19:30 PM »

Tony Daley was a much better footballer. Far more range to his game, both in providing chances and scoring them. Traore has just become a body builder playing football.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #608 on: March 06, 2021, 08:21:38 PM »

I think that’s actually harsh on Tony Daley.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #609 on: March 06, 2021, 08:28:14 PM »

A very poor mans Tony Daley on some not very good steroids.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2021, 08:29:00 PM »
I’d have personally stuck with Guilbert but he did had some shockers last season too, to be fair. Smith knows much better than me though and he hasn’t got much wrong, so I’d happy to give him the benefit of the doubt with the decision. Plus, as I said before, it’s not always just as simply as who is the better player anyway.

Elmo was fine today. Not great, not awful. He’ll move on in the summer and we will improve that area but, again, I’m not sure exactly what people were expecting our back up right back to be like at this stage of our development.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #611 on: March 06, 2021, 08:30:26 PM »
I’m not sure I think there’s a good player in Adama he showed that last year. He’s just struggled this year.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #612 on: March 06, 2021, 08:37:47 PM »
I’m not sure I think there’s a good player in Adama he showed that last year. He’s just struggled this year.

He didn’t work at his game. He has a lot of raw talent but he never developed it. In a way he’s a much shitter version of Gabby, who really had it all (could score left and right foot, great in the air and blistering pace) but never took the big step to the next level. Another who focused way too much on bulking himself up instead of working on being a better all round striker. It too away his speed and athleticism and made him predictable.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #613 on: March 06, 2021, 08:54:14 PM »
Defensively thought immense Vs Wolves.
And in all his showing these last matches he's been clever with his experience in how to deal with opposition
Game tonight saw him get forward more in first half especially. Well played. Give him to season end and then can look to release a player who will always be someone to count on.
Hoping he gets a repeat goal of last season v Newcastle where he reins neat post and heads in . Has had that chance twice last few matches just needs to get right contact.

Distribution tailed off second half but though very impressive and eases concerns of those who may have them on evenings showing especially.

Cash back in for Spurs but I even have Elmo considered at centre half if Mings is out injured and cash is back for Newcastle. No need to rush anything as Newcastle match next Elmo capable for this match.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #614 on: March 06, 2021, 09:05:35 PM »

He didn’t work at his game. He has a lot of raw talent but he never developed it. In a way he’s a much shitter version of Gabby, who really had it all (could score left and right foot, great in the air and blistering pace) but never took the big step to the next level. Another who focused way too much on bulking himself up instead of working on being a better all round striker. It too away his speed and athleticism and made him predictable.

I’m not convinced on that. His game showed growth last year, but for whatever reason he’s slipped back this year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal