collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ahmed Elmohamady - released  (Read 91273 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Ahmed Elmohamady - SIGNED
« Reply #375 on: August 28, 2018, 10:41:13 AM »
Elmo as a right back is perfectly fine, and given his ability to play forward, gives us a nice balance.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #376 on: August 28, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »
In Elmo and RDL we have 2 of the best right backs in the league, and neither of them are playing there.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #377 on: August 28, 2018, 11:04:41 AM »
total madness - Bruce's inability to play people in their rightful positions is going to fuck us us and ultimately him.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #378 on: August 28, 2018, 11:10:19 AM »
I'm convinced that the long term plan is for Elmo to play RB and Axel to move into the centre.  Bruce is just trying to give Axel game time to bring him up to speed with the Championship.  We are then going to see a settled back 4 of Elmo, Axel, Chester Hutton.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #379 on: August 28, 2018, 11:32:12 AM »
I'm convinced that the long term plan is for Elmo to play RB and Axel to move into the centre.  Bruce is just trying to give Axel game time to bring him up to speed with the Championship.  We are then going to see a settled back 4 of Elmo, Axel, Chester Hutton.

I think you’re right, with Bolasie playing wide right.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #380 on: August 30, 2018, 06:39:04 AM »
Yep I agree

Although with axel playing in midfield the other night I did start to worry that we might be wrong. Why not give him more game time at CB if thats the plan

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #381 on: August 30, 2018, 12:01:27 PM »

No way Hutton will start once we land a left back (fingers crossed)

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #382 on: August 30, 2018, 12:09:19 PM »

Having wingers like Bolasie kind of negates the need for attacking full-backs really.  With out and out wingers in the side, full-backs revert to a more traditional supporting role as opposed to the more modern onus on overlapping and getting forward.  I agree that Elmohamady is fine for where we currently find ourselves, but have a nagging feeling that Bruce will continue playing Tuanzebe there.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #383 on: August 30, 2018, 12:28:09 PM »

Having wingers like Bolasie kind of negates the need for attacking full-backs really.  With out and out wingers in the side, full-backs revert to a more traditional supporting role as opposed to the more modern onus on overlapping and getting forward.  I agree that Elmohamady is fine for where we currently find ourselves, but have a nagging feeling that Bruce will continue playing Tuanzebe there.

Only if you're playing 2 up front.  With 1 striker the wingers need to get into the box more so the fullbacks need to get forward to stop us getting too narrow.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #384 on: August 30, 2018, 12:35:06 PM »

Only if you're playing 2 up front.  With 1 striker the wingers need to get into the box more so the fullbacks need to get forward to stop us getting too narrow.

If the wingers tuck in or are on their 'wrong' side (i.e. Snodgrass last season) then I agree that full-back would still be required to get forward and overlap.  If Bolasie stays wide though, there won't be as much of a need for the right-back behind him to get forward as much.  Therefore, I could see Bruce possibly sticking with Tuanzebe there (I wouldn't) to provide a bit of extra height and physicality. 

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #385 on: August 30, 2018, 12:56:57 PM »
Yeah this was how Fulham differed to us - well one way!

The wingers played high and narrow a lot more and the full backs pushed on. Leaves the striker with more support and gives more space to the attacking midfielders

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #386 on: September 01, 2018, 09:51:30 AM »
Is elmo going to continue his goal from his attacking position

Reliable and dependable to Bruce I would like others given opportunity ahead of him

But against Sheffield United I imagine getting him on pitch from start will be a given

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #387 on: October 01, 2018, 10:28:59 PM »
I feel he may have more been rested rather than dropped and be back v Preston

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #388 on: October 22, 2018, 10:47:47 PM »
Fair play to Elmo on Saturday offering good crossing and delivering .
I think he has his limitations but has provided a decent assist and sometimes even a goal threat.

However moving forward feel there are others who should be in ahead of him but on his performance and what contribution so far I think he close to a first choice even under new manager

Online nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #389 on: December 03, 2018, 06:06:24 PM »
Love his new song, fair play to the lads in Dr Brown’s on Saturday for their persistence.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal