collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ahmed Elmohamady - released  (Read 91286 times)

Online dcdavecollett

Re: Ahmed Elmohamady - SIGNED
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »
Although Dean 'Tiki-taka' Smith used precisely the same tactic with his right winger against Neil Taylor until the wide man went off with an injury before the break. In the eyes of some, one is a football Neanderthal while the other is the epitome of modern, enlightened football, yet in this instance they used the same approach.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2017, 12:37:36 PM »
He looks like Hutton with a decent cross. Though he will probably still start ahead of Albert Saturday.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2017, 12:40:55 PM »
I haven't seen much of him but I noticed he came in for a load of stick on the Norwich threads despite having a decent game. Is he officially the new whipping boy in the absence of Grealish, I'm struggling to keep up, we have so many candidates. I propose Lansbury.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2017, 07:12:35 PM »
I haven't seen much of him but I noticed he came in for a load of stick on the Norwich threads despite having a decent game. Is he officially the new whipping boy in the absence of Grealish, I'm struggling to keep up, we have so many candidates. I propose Lansbury.

He's been sound in the last two games, despite playing in about 14 positions across the two games. That isn't easy in itself, better players would struggle. I quite like him.

Lansbury however is fully deserved, the plodding shitehawk.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2017, 07:19:26 PM »
He looked half decent at full back. Far more involved.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2017, 07:46:57 PM »

He's been sound in the last two games, despite playing in about 14 positions across the two games. That isn't easy in itself, better players would struggle. I quite like him.

Lansbury however is fully deserved, the plodding shitehawk.

Elmohamady was OK at right back.  I thought Lansbury was arguably our best player in the first half, he seemed to be the only player who wanted to pass it forwards.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2017, 08:03:51 PM »
Thought he was o.k last night. If he has to start it needs to be RB and not further forward.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #352 on: September 16, 2017, 10:02:35 PM »
Beautiful cross for the goal.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #353 on: September 16, 2017, 10:18:17 PM »
Made the second as well great pass forward to davies

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #354 on: September 16, 2017, 10:50:55 PM »
No issue with him at RB.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #355 on: September 16, 2017, 10:54:57 PM »
No issue with him at RB.

Agreed. An right back with a decent cross and an instinct to get forward is fine with me.

He just shouldn't be one of our three most attacking players like he has been in previous matches.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #356 on: September 16, 2017, 11:49:58 PM »
No issue with him at RB.

Agreed. An right back with a decent cross and an instinct to get forward is fine with me.

He just shouldn't be one of our three most attacking players like he has been in previous matches.

He scares the shit out of me at right back. He's completely reckless in that he has no positional sense, leaves asteroid size holes down our right side when he decides he'd rather play on the wing. Watching him jog back numerous times today had me screaming. If it had been anybody else he'd have been hung. For me, he's the weak link in our back for and we'll be punished sooner rather than later for his lack of intelligence, as technically he's a more than decent player.

Great cross for the third goal today though.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #357 on: September 17, 2017, 01:37:03 AM »
No issue with him at RB.

He scares the shit out of me at right back. He's completely reckless in that he has no positional sense, leaves asteroid size holes down our right side when he decides he'd rather play on the wing. Watching him jog back numerous times today had me screaming. If it had been anybody else he'd have been hung. For me, he's the weak link in our back for and we'll be punished sooner rather than later for his lack of intelligence, as technically he's a more than decent player.

I love Hutton's input but I can't remember ever saying
 "Great cross for the third goal today though."
So fair play Elmo

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #358 on: September 17, 2017, 02:12:01 AM »
No issue with him at RB.

A completely unnecessary signing.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #359 on: September 17, 2017, 02:21:23 AM »
No issue with him at RB.

A completely unnecessary signing.

Maybe, maybe not, let's see how the season evolves., he's quite versatile, inmho

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal