collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ahmed Elmohamady - released  (Read 91266 times)

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: Ahmed Elmohamady - SIGNED
« Reply #270 on: August 19, 2017, 12:13:09 PM »
33 stitches in his lip but still wants to play this week according to Bruce. Fairplay.

Trying to figure out how you can fit 33 stitches on a lip. What was the challenge like that injured him that badly? Was he tackled by a jigsaw?

Was he tackled BY Jigsaw?

Hi Elmo, I want to play a game...

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2017, 01:42:04 PM »
I remember when Jonny Wilkinson played for England with a bunch of stitches in his lip. He looked like Frankenstein's monster.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #272 on: August 19, 2017, 02:38:19 PM »
Fair play to Elmo. Puts the like of Richards and Agbonlahor to shame.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #273 on: August 20, 2017, 12:58:00 AM »
I'm still not convinced by him. He needs to look at the other side of the pitch to see how Taylor and Green work so hard to support each other.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #274 on: August 20, 2017, 04:34:15 AM »
I'm still not convinced by him.
Same here, not sure what he brings to the team.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #275 on: August 20, 2017, 09:37:19 AM »
looks no better than Albert to me, but fair play to the guy for wanting to play yesterday.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #276 on: August 20, 2017, 10:38:07 AM »
Green and Taylor look much more competent that those on the right side. They give the ball away a lot less and leave the other less isolated.

I'd be having a good luck at De Laet and Adomah against Wigan. However Bruce does love Elmo and I can't see him getting dropped any time soon, especially after a 4-2 gubbing.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #277 on: August 20, 2017, 10:47:46 AM »

Speed and movement. He didn't do anything amazing yesterday but neither did he do anything terrible. Just a hard working performance where he did the basics well and helped keep their defence on their toes.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #278 on: August 20, 2017, 10:56:29 AM »
I prefer Adomah but Elmo has been ok so far. He's more of a right sided midfielder than a winger to me.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #279 on: August 20, 2017, 11:05:43 AM »
looks no better than Albert to me, but fair play to the guy for wanting to play yesterday.
I think Albert gets far more involved when he plays.
Infact, that's one of the things I like about him.
The quality may not always be there, but the effort is.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #280 on: August 20, 2017, 11:05:57 AM »

Speed and movement. He didn't do anything amazing yesterday but neither did he do anything terrible. Just a hard working performance where he did the basics well and helped keep their defence on their toes.

Agreed.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #281 on: August 20, 2017, 01:37:24 PM »
I'm still not convinced by him. He needs to look at the other side of the pitch to see how Taylor and Green work so hard to support each other.

To be fair, he has had Hutton behind him in a few of the games.  You lose count of the number of times in a game Hutton puts the winger in front of him in trouble with a poor pass. He did it to Adomah on a regular basis last season. 

For what it's worth, I think Elmohamady is an improvement on Adomah, though I do wish we would stop hitting every goal kick in his direction especially as Johnstone's kicking isn't exactly accurate and doesn't get there  a lot of the time.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #282 on: August 20, 2017, 03:20:32 PM »
I do wish we would stop hitting every goal kick in his direction especially as Johnstone's kicking isn't exactly accurate and doesn't get there  a lot of the time.

It's an idiotic tactic Bruce used previously at Hull. Goalkeeper boots the ball up to Elmo to head on. After 3 or 4 consecutive attempts, Johnstone obviously took it upon himself not to bother with the foolish nonsense. No doubt Bodger Bruce will have him practicing it all week at Bodymoor Heath.

Overall I've been very impressed with Johnstone's kicking both in terms of distance and accuracy.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #283 on: August 20, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »
I do wish we would stop hitting every goal kick in his direction especially as Johnstone's kicking isn't exactly accurate and doesn't get there  a lot of the time.

It's an idiotic tactic Bruce used previously at Hull. Goalkeeper boots the ball up to Elmo to head on. After 3 or 4 consecutive attempts, Johnstone obviously took it upon himself not to bother with the foolish nonsense. No doubt Bodger Bruce will have him practicing it all week at Bodymoor Heath.

Overall I've been very impressed with Johnstone's kicking both in terms of distance and accuracy.

The tactic makes a lot of sense if you've got hogan up front

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #284 on: August 20, 2017, 04:54:54 PM »

Have to disagree with the last bit I'm afraid.  I think Johnstone looks a better keeper in many aspects than last season already, but his kicking still leaves a lot to be desired in terms of accuracy.  I hope to see that tactic stopped to be honest as it is so easy to counteract by putting someone in front of Elmohamady any way.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal