collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ahmed Elmohamady - released  (Read 91308 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Ahmed Elmohamady
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2017, 12:29:38 PM »
To be fair watching the pre season against Shrewsbury drained me of any expectation for this season, but I have no problem with this signing. It means we have 6 right sided players, but ordinarily you'd want at least 4. Bree is young and unproven, De Laet is coming back from a long term injury, Adomah is limited, Bacuna is a ****** and Hutton is surely on the home straight of his Villa career. Maybe we'll discover the 4 we want to keep by Jan and ship a couple out then.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2017, 12:31:55 PM »
Sorry if this has been mentioned before - is he the guy who did that stupid dance when they got promoted a few seasons back?

'fraid so

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2017, 12:40:00 PM »
FFS  his entire YT montage shows him doing just about the basics and a couple of interceptions and short passes - WTF have we bought him

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2017, 12:45:18 PM »
FFS  his entire YT montage shows him doing just about the basics and a couple of interceptions and short passes - WTF have we bought him

I was prepared to give him a chance. But if he hasn't even got a Tonev style YouTube montage I reckon we should hang him from the rotunda if he dares step inside Birmingham

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2017, 01:04:56 PM »

Or a Traore one where it looked like we could expect Maradona second goal v England 1986 type runs and goals on a weekly basis. What an utter steaming pile of fly infested horse shite he turned out to be.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2017, 01:33:29 PM »
1m for a proven player that the manager knows, that can cross a ball, play in numerous positions and can't be on big wages either = no brainer really

The same people moaning probably did exactly the same when we signed Taylor and that worked out absolutely fine from memory

It's not a glamorous signing, but we're a mid table championship side currently that are constricted by FFP rules so i'm not sure what people expect?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:45:52 PM by sirlordbaltimore »

Offline teamvillage

« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »
I wonder whether Hutton will end up being the right sided CB in a back 3.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2017, 02:38:51 PM »

Sounds perfect for us then.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2017, 02:38:52 PM »
1m for a proven player that the manager knows, that can cross a ball, play in numerous positions and can't be on big wages either = no brainer really

The same people moaning probably did exactly the same when we signed Taylor and that worked out absolutely fine from memory

It's not a glamorous signing, but we're a mid table championship side currently that are constricted by FFP rules so i'm not sure what people expect?

People expect a mid table championship side with FFP troubles not to be spending money we apparently don't have on a 5th right back (or 3rd right winger if you prefer).  It's really that simple, he's no better than the players we have in his positions and we already have more than enough cover there.

If he was (or ever had been) a top player who'd improve us then it'd be a different matter but the difference in quality between him and Adomah or him and Hutton is fuck all so what's the point?  We've got enough mid-table championship players.  If the only options are to get more of the same then I'd rather we didn't bother and keep the money in case we need it in January.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »
for the next Manager to spend?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2017, 02:50:57 PM »
Remember when Martin O'Neill used to collect Left Backs?

Shorey and moving Luke Young there while poor Wild Willy Bouma was out injured?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2017, 02:53:29 PM »

a Villa player doing the basics. Blimey what kind of witchcraft and sorcery is that?

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2017, 03:38:43 PM »

a Villa player doing the basics. Blimey what kind of witchcraft and sorcery is that?

Can he throw a ball to a player in the same shirt as him? 

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2017, 03:44:48 PM »

People expect a mid table championship side with FFP troubles not to be spending money we apparently don't have on a 5th right back (or 3rd right winger if you prefer).  It's really that simple, he's no better than the players we have in his positions and we already have more than enough cover there.

If he was (or ever had been) a top player who'd improve us then it'd be a different matter but the difference in quality between him and Adomah or him and Hutton is fuck all so what's the point?  We've got enough mid-table championship players.  If the only options are to get more of the same then I'd rather we didn't bother and keep the money in case we need it in January.
Yep, this sums it up for me. 

Of course Bruce has worked with him so maybe we're wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2017, 03:47:20 PM »

Can he throw a ball to a player in the same shirt as him? 

we will soon be able to train that out of him

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal