collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ahmed Elmohamady - released  (Read 91300 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Ahmed Elmohamady
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2017, 09:50:49 AM »
Sorry if this has been mentioned before - is he the guy who did that stupid dance when they got promoted a few seasons back?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2017, 10:18:23 AM »
I remember him featuring regularly on MOTD when he was whipping pin point crosses in from the right wing for Sunderland...sounds like he's had a fall from grace at Hull though. We haven't had anyone that can cross a ball from the right for years (special thanks to Hutton), so if the rumoured release fee is £1m then it's not exactly a big gamble for someone who could provide some decent service into the box for a change.

My in-laws are all sunderland fans and when this broke last night I got a couple of messages saying he's shit but he'll get 1-2 decent crosses in during most games but the rest of the time he'll just get caught in possession or cross straight into the first man.  For me, as I've said before, if we sold Bacuna, Richards and Hutton I could let it go but signing him with all the right sided players we have when we already have a squad that's too big is fucking stupid.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2017, 10:22:17 AM »
I can only say - oh dear and how predictable

How the hell do the bookies make us favourites to get promoted  ::)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2017, 10:28:33 AM »
Elmohamedy what a signing, if this doesn't sell a few more season tickets I don't know what will

the Bruce revolution shaping up nicely doing everything we expected of him turning us into everything we knew he would

Offline Boz

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2017, 10:29:45 AM »
Boring, lazy, uninspiring football management. Like his footballing 'style'.
Bruce is fecking predictable , if nothing else.

Spot On

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2017, 10:32:42 AM »
Surely if he just wants someone who's quick, occasionally belts a decent cross in, but is otherwise up to not much, he could just stick with Bacuna.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2017, 10:45:32 AM »
Remember when Martin O'Neill used to collect Left Backs?

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2017, 10:47:38 AM »
I remember him featuring regularly on MOTD when he was whipping pin point crosses in from the right wing for Sunderland...sounds like he's had a fall from grace at Hull though. We haven't had anyone that can cross a ball from the right for years (special thanks to Hutton), so if the rumoured release fee is £1m then it's not exactly a big gamble for someone who could provide some decent service into the box for a change.

My in-laws are all sunderland fans and when this broke last night I got a couple of messages saying he's shit but he'll get 1-2 decent crosses in during most games but the rest of the time he'll just get caught in possession or cross straight into the first man.  For me, as I've said before, if we sold Bacuna, Richards and Hutton I could let it go but signing him with all the right sided players we have when we already have a squad that's too big is fucking stupid.

he sounds like Hutton then thou Hutton rarely gets a good cross in

This signing is ok if Hutton and Richards would do one.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2017, 10:48:35 AM »
So, Bruce is an idiot for signing a player he's had at two previous clubs, both of which he got promoted, who he obviously knows and trusts.

WHo knows what will happen to the players we currently have? We've possibly got a number of them lined up to go and instead of selling them first and people complaining that we're left with unsuitable cover, we're preparing and getting someone in.

As for up front, currently we have Kodjia, Hogan, McCormack and the kids and Agbonlahor. The first three, if they are committed, training well and performing to their potential should be more than enough to lead the line with support from Grelaish, Adomah, the kids, etc.

Don't panic.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2017, 10:51:56 AM »
Don't panic.

What if he turns out to be the Mad Mady ?

Offline peter w

« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2017, 10:54:10 AM »
Don't panic.

What if he turns out to be the Mad Mady ?

Kris Kros will jump?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2017, 11:14:16 AM »
So, Bruce is an idiot for signing a player he's had at two previous clubs, both of which he got promoted, who he obviously knows and trusts.

WHo knows what will happen to the players we currently have? We've possibly got a number of them lined up to go and instead of selling them first and people complaining that we're left with unsuitable cover, we're preparing and getting someone in.

As for up front, currently we have Kodjia, Hogan, McCormack and the kids and Agbonlahor. The first three, if they are committed, training well and performing to their potential should be more than enough to lead the line with support from Grelaish, Adomah, the kids, etc.

Don't panic.

That's 3 enormous 'ifs' where McCormack and Hogan are concerned.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2017, 11:32:16 AM »
For £1m I think it's potentially a good deal

It does leave us a little heavy on that side of the pitch though!

Put Richards & Gabby on the left then.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2017, 11:53:46 AM »

Don't panic.

That's 3 enormous 'ifs' where McCormack and Hogan are concerned.

Yes, but the reality is that they are both proven at this level. Reports so far suggest things are going well re attitude and training....

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2017, 12:01:05 PM »
Bit late to this has everyone done the making up for O Neills lack of right backs gag?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal