collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 550011 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: John Terry - Gone
« Reply #4320 on: July 26, 2021, 12:52:52 PM »
Didn’t like him before he joined us - full kit wanking racist wife nobber, was surprised at how good a player he was, kept his head down, seemed to do a decent job (assistant head coach or defensive coach?). Got as much out of us, career wise, as we got from him and I can go back to disliking him now. Always liked the fact that the biggest home attendance he ever played in front of was when he joined us. Hope he now realises what a big club we are

It wasn't. Chelsea got a couple that were bigger.

I’ve been dining out on that “stat” for a few years now and I’m not going to let facts stop me from continuing

I have a feeling you're still partly right as I thought it was for a league game.

Chelsea have got loads of attendances in the league bigger than Terry played under at Villa Park. It's not suprising, it is/was a slightly bigger stadium.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4321 on: July 26, 2021, 12:57:03 PM »
Whilst a massive ****** all I will say is that he was committed whilst here. As a player he didn’t shirk away from his responsibility like Richards and Lescott and as member of management he contributed much more than Roy Keane.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4322 on: July 26, 2021, 01:03:44 PM »
Didn’t like him before he joined us - full kit wanking racist wife nobber, was surprised at how good a player he was, kept his head down, seemed to do a decent job (assistant head coach or defensive coach?). Got as much out of us, career wise, as we got from him and I can go back to disliking him now. Always liked the fact that the biggest home attendance he ever played in front of was when he joined us. Hope he now realises what a big club we are

It wasn't. Chelsea got a couple that were bigger.

I’ve been dining out on that “stat” for a few years now and I’m not going to let facts stop me from continuing

I have a feeling you're still partly right as I thought it was for a league game.
When was the last time Stamford Bridge held more than Villa Park?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #4323 on: July 26, 2021, 01:04:49 PM »
Good luck JT and thanks for everything

Hope this is not  Little / Gregory moment and history is not repeating itself

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4324 on: July 26, 2021, 01:06:47 PM »
I’m very disappointed by this. I liked John Terry as a player for us and a coach. People make mistakes. It’s what you do afterwards that is important and while with us he was precisely the opposite of what everyone thought he was when he arrived. He has contributed immensely to what we have become over the past few years. His presence will be hard to replace but clearly after a break he feels he is ready for a managerial opportunity. And he has enough respect for the manager not to do this mid season when it might be harder to find a replacement.

He has shown unbelievable respect for the club and fans and really got to understand just how big we are. Good luck John.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #4325 on: July 26, 2021, 01:11:30 PM »
According to my Chelsea supporting mate this dooms us to relegation.

Er, no.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #4326 on: July 26, 2021, 01:13:18 PM »
Whispers said on Twitter three days ago he was having conversations
but was Remaining as of then

Our Communications Director already exposed that clown 3 days ago.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4327 on: July 26, 2021, 01:19:58 PM »
I wish him well.  I think he's made a big contribution to the club whilst he was here, and whatever his background he seems to have conducted himself well whilst with us.

It's dissapointing as we are clearly on an upwards trajectory and any disruption is unhelpful.

Yea this. Don’t like the disruption, everything seemed a lot more straightforward and calmer last summer, but maybe that’s just memories playing tricks.
Remember VP going mad the day he got Benteke sent off playing for Chelski, last home game probably 2014, but then he got carried off injured later, the irony. So didn’t really want him, but he was excellent as a player/captain in 2017/2018. Dunno what his influence as coach has been but the fact he has kept out of the limelight and been understated has been impressive. Clearly was Purslows choice as the number two when Smith got appointed, so will be interesting who Smith decides he wants now.

It's mad to think after that game, when he was stretchered off with all 4 sides of the ground singing 'John Terry, what a wanker' to him, he came here and did what he did.

It’s true that, the whole ground was united in their antipathy towards him that day, it was actually quite a joyous moment!!  Must have a thick skin!! I guess he will be treated very differently if he ever turns at villa as a manager.

I expect if he hadn't have been seen to "play-act" to get Benteke sent off, he wouldn't have got the abuse he then got when he did get injured. And that was also the same day all four sides were cheering Lampard for getting the Scoring record even if it meant we lost.

All four sides were definitely not cheering for Lampard that day. A small pocket in the Witton Lane and that's about it.

Not at the time of the goal but I'm pretty sure lots of people were applauding Lampard off at the end for his achievement around the ground. Definitely near me they were and it also appeared to be the same in the Trinity.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #4328 on: July 26, 2021, 01:29:37 PM »
Whilst a massive ****** all I will say is that he was committed whilst here. As a player he didn’t shirk away from his responsibility like Richards and Lescott and as member of management he contributed much more than Roy Keane.

Along with TV's words below, I'm about where you are, mate.

Despised him as a Chelsea player, could never really warm to him as a Villa player. Won't miss him, but thank you for your contribution, John.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #4329 on: July 26, 2021, 01:36:56 PM »
Very professional  as a player and coach with Villa. I wish him  well  for  whatever  comes next

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #4330 on: July 26, 2021, 01:41:34 PM »
I think more of him now than I did when he arrived. Good luck to him.

A much better player than I ever thought he was.

Pretty much where I'm at, but it was a very low starting point.

He was, it seems, an inspired signing and I've no doubt we were much better as a result.  He doesn't seem to have put a foot wrong and I know someone on here (Dave W?) heard that he was not at all what you'd expect, but quite unassuming.

I can't quite wish him well and I can't say I like him.  But I don't want him to fail and fail horribly, so that's progress.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #4331 on: July 26, 2021, 01:50:24 PM »
Whatever, his personality and let's face facts prior to him joining I always found him rather obnoxious, but for us as a professional he did an excellent job.

I wish him luck in his future management roles.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4332 on: July 26, 2021, 01:56:17 PM »
Whatever, his personality and let's face facts prior to him joining I always found him rather obnoxious, but for us as a professional he did an excellent job.

I wish him luck in his future management roles.

Except when his team plays Villa. Obvs.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4333 on: July 26, 2021, 01:58:37 PM »

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #4334 on: July 26, 2021, 02:12:06 PM »

Yes, that was great.....all he kept saying was 'Shut the f*** up'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal