collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549868 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: John Terry - Gone
« Reply #4305 on: July 26, 2021, 12:02:25 PM »
Didn’t like him before he joined us - full kit wanking racist wife nobber, was surprised at how good a player he was, kept his head down, seemed to do a decent job (assistant head coach or defensive coach?). Got as much out of us, career wise, as we got from him and I can go back to disliking him now. Always liked the fact that the biggest home attendance he ever played in front of was when he joined us. Hope he now realises what a big club we are

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4306 on: July 26, 2021, 12:04:18 PM »
I wish him well.  I think he's made a big contribution to the club whilst he was here, and whatever his background he seems to have conducted himself well whilst with us.

It's dissapointing as we are clearly on an upwards trajectory and any disruption is unhelpful.

Yea this. Don’t like the disruption, everything seemed a lot more straightforward and calmer last summer, but maybe that’s just memories playing tricks.
Remember VP going mad the day he got Benteke sent off playing for Chelski, last home game probably 2014, but then he got carried off injured later, the irony. So didn’t really want him, but he was excellent as a player/captain in 2017/2018. Dunno what his influence as coach has been but the fact he has kept out of the limelight and been understated has been impressive. Clearly was Purslows choice as the number two when Smith got appointed, so will be interesting who Smith decides he wants now.

It's mad to think after that game, when he was stretchered off with all 4 sides of the ground singing 'John Terry, what a wanker' to him, he came here and did what he did.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4307 on: July 26, 2021, 12:04:50 PM »
Didn’t like him before he joined us - full kit wanking racist wife nobber, was surprised at how good a player he was, kept his head down, seemed to do a decent job (assistant head coach or defensive coach?). Got as much out of us, career wise, as we got from him and I can go back to disliking him now. Always liked the fact that the biggest home attendance he ever played in front of was when he joined us. Hope he now realises what a big club we are

It wasn't. Chelsea got a couple that were bigger.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4308 on: July 26, 2021, 12:05:14 PM »
See you John. Er, thanks. Good luck with whatever is next.  I hope you are replaced.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4309 on: July 26, 2021, 12:07:20 PM »
It’s funny really.
He’s gone from one of players I actually ‘hated’ to being someone I am sorry to see go

Thanks for a few very good years and good luck JT.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #4310 on: July 26, 2021, 12:10:25 PM »
I wish him well.  I think he's made a big contribution to the club whilst he was here, and whatever his background he seems to have conducted himself well whilst with us.

It's dissapointing as we are clearly on an upwards trajectory and any disruption is unhelpful.

Yea this. Don’t like the disruption, everything seemed a lot more straightforward and calmer last summer, but maybe that’s just memories playing tricks.
Remember VP going mad the day he got Benteke sent off playing for Chelski, last home game probably 2014, but then he got carried off injured later, the irony. So didn’t really want him, but he was excellent as a player/captain in 2017/2018. Dunno what his influence as coach has been but the fact he has kept out of the limelight and been understated has been impressive. Clearly was Purslows choice as the number two when Smith got appointed, so will be interesting who Smith decides he wants now.

It's mad to think after that game, when he was stretchered off with all 4 sides of the ground singing 'John Terry, what a wanker' to him, he came here and did what he did.

It’s true that, the whole ground was united in their antipathy towards him that day, it was actually quite a joyous moment!!  Must have a thick skin!! I guess he will be treated very differently if he ever turns at villa as a manager.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4311 on: July 26, 2021, 12:16:59 PM »
Chris Jameson, it's safe to come back now!

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4312 on: July 26, 2021, 12:19:54 PM »

It’s true that, the whole ground was united in their antipathy towards him that day, it was actually quite a joyous moment!!  Must have a thick skin!! I guess he will be treated very differently if he ever turns at villa as a manager.

I expect if he hadn't have been seen to "play-act" to get Benteke sent off, he wouldn't have got the abuse he then got when he did get injured. And that was also the same day all four sides were cheering Lampard for getting the Scoring record even if it meant we lost.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #4313 on: July 26, 2021, 12:20:02 PM »

I’ve been dining out on that “stat” for a few years now and I’m not going to let facts stop me from continuing

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4314 on: July 26, 2021, 12:20:38 PM »
Chris Jameson, it's safe to come back now!

John, reconsider your decision before it is too late.....   :D

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #4315 on: July 26, 2021, 12:23:16 PM »
Good luck JT

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #4316 on: July 26, 2021, 12:25:09 PM »

I expect if he hadn't have been seen to "play-act" to get Benteke sent off, he wouldn't have got the abuse he then got when he did get injured. And that was also the same day all four sides were cheering Lampard for getting the Scoring record even if it meant we lost.

All four sides were definitely not cheering for Lampard that day. A small pocket in the Witton Lane and that's about it.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #4317 on: July 26, 2021, 12:25:46 PM »
Did a good job and he will have learned a lot during his time here. Will be interesting to see where he does turn up.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4318 on: July 26, 2021, 12:27:20 PM »

I’ve been dining out on that “stat” for a few years now and I’m not going to let facts stop me from continuing

I have a feeling you're still partly right as I thought it was for a league game.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4319 on: July 26, 2021, 12:40:59 PM »
Good statement.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal