collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555574 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: John Terry
« Reply #3405 on: September 06, 2018, 05:02:07 PM »
 He's golfing today somewhere in the smoke so that's another day gone. This is looking increasingly unlikely to me - not because I think he wouldn't come, but that the owners see it as a cheap play by Bruce to get his own way.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #3406 on: September 06, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »
Any chance we could amend the title of the thread please by removing the signed bit as it's confusing?   Every time I see a post I think he has and when I read it he hasn't.

My heart sinks each time I log on.

We’ll be there for you Chris, if he does sign. You won’t be alone. In fact I’ve already PM’d Sharon to look out for telltale distress.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3407 on: September 06, 2018, 05:46:01 PM »
Thanks Woofles, Sharon hates football, she’s clearly not as daft as she seems.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #3408 on: September 06, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »
He's golfing today somewhere in the smoke so that's another day gone. This is looking increasingly unlikely to me - not because I think he wouldn't come, but that the owners see it as a cheap play by Bruce to get his own way.

Agree, Bruce seems to have no sense of urgency to strengthen the defence having had a period of 6 weeks since the takeover. Be interesting if Chester gets injured for Wales this weekend.....

Offline four fornicholl

Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #3409 on: September 06, 2018, 06:23:14 PM »
Leader, Legend.

Kidding, kidding :)
Sorry Chris ;)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3410 on: September 06, 2018, 06:37:18 PM »

Agree, Bruce seems to have no sense of urgency to strengthen the defence having had a period of 6 weeks since the takeover. Be interesting if Chester gets injured for Wales this weekend.....

He did try and bring Joe Bryan in. I still think someone will come in at some point.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #3411 on: September 06, 2018, 06:50:44 PM »
Ive welcomed him back as player manager . Influence , respect and knows how to sort out the back 4 something that the manager cant do and JT has obviously helped the likes of Jack . I would imagine Abraham and Axel would  love him there .  Just stupid that its all come to this with the whole summer SB has had to sort it.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #3412 on: September 06, 2018, 06:51:38 PM »

He did try and bring Joe Bryan in. I still think someone will come in at some point.

He didn't have a plan B for a new LB. Plus Terry, Samba and Elphick have all left and left us with one recognised CB......good preparation?? Complete incompetence.....!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3413 on: September 06, 2018, 07:03:25 PM »
The way I see it is that suppose JT has lost 60% of his ability at his best, we get 40% of him in our games. If he brings about only a 10% improvement in each of our two full backs, our two other centre backs plus an improvement of 5% to the midfield players we are improved collectively.  His experience, leadership and manipulative talent with referees are all a bonus.  A substantial one.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3414 on: September 06, 2018, 07:17:09 PM »
I think Terry's appearance at Celtic Park this weekend is a precursor to him signing for them.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #3415 on: September 06, 2018, 07:21:16 PM »
The way I see it is that suppose JT has lost 60% of his ability at his best, we get 40% of him in our games. If he brings about only a 10% improvement in each of our two full backs, our two other centre backs plus an improvement of 5% to the midfield players we are improved collectively.  His experience, leadership and manipulative talent with referees are all a bonus.  A substantial one.
Totally agree,and its only 60% of his legs.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #3416 on: September 06, 2018, 07:24:29 PM »
No. If he has had no pre season it will take him, at his age, till November to get match fit.

Na. He’d go straight into our next game and be as good as ever.
I agree. It's not like he's a box to box player.

Apart from when he's out with the WAGs

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #3417 on: September 06, 2018, 07:29:27 PM »
I do not really want John Terry to come back to Aston Villa. If he does then fair enough.

What I do want is a manager who knows what he is doing, and I want the players we have to be drilled in going onto the pitch and kicking the arses (literally or tactically) of any team that we play. I want to see that any team that beats us or draws with us goes away needing 48 hours in an ice-bath or emergency surgery, or six months therapy with Dr Melfi or someone.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3418 on: September 06, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »
I voted yes but i'd rather we'd got in a long term choice this summer. Plus i think Bruce has too much nounce to re-sign him. Too much of an acceptable temporary/trial period manager if things don't improve and the club decide to act. I think collins or someone else is more likely if he's worried about his job, and lets face it, he should be.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #3419 on: September 06, 2018, 07:49:06 PM »
I think you mean "nous" of which, Bruce has none with his wrecking of the defence!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal