collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555340 times)

Offline mattjpa

Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #3240 on: June 01, 2018, 12:41:41 PM »
fuck me, we've got to cheer up. And that's an order.
we need some good news. Anything. The worst thing Re JT is he wanted to stay but was not offered the chance. The irony is not lost that JTs wages are probably less than the combined amount thrown on the Richards/McCormack bonfire every week

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #3241 on: June 01, 2018, 12:51:10 PM »
The Rams are as hamstrung as we are financially, so I think this is unlikely. Anyway I really appreciated JT's contribution last season but that doesn't mean I'd feel too comfortable with a managerial rookie at the helm, let along two. I think Mel might have dropped a bollock here.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if it was us it would end up as a car crash, but it'll probably bloody work for them!

I think JT the player is bordering past it even at theis level now - Fulham constantly targetted that channel first half and played one through ball that he couldn't turn quickly enough on the edge of his box and bang it was a goal.  he would have merit in the dressing room for Lampard though as he did here, by getting the squad unified and on side with the manager.

The ball was played outside of Hutton to a position where Hutton should have been. It was nothing to do with Terry's turning ability. A fast central defender would have done well to get over to cover Hutton and cut out the advancing player with the ball.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #3242 on: June 01, 2018, 12:52:35 PM »
fuck me, we've got to cheer up. And that's an order.
we need some good news. Anything. The worst thing Re JT is he wanted to stay but was not offered the chance. The irony is not lost that JTs wages are probably less than the combined amount thrown on the Richards/McCormack bonfire every week

This.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #3243 on: June 01, 2018, 01:16:51 PM »
I'm still glass very empty at the moment and my worry is that the professionalism and drive that Terry and Snodgrass served up is going to be lost for good.

Sure they were both pretty ponderous on Saturday but the effect they've both had was obvious.  It's not as if Villa has had that as a club ethos for years.  The effect of all these leeches and hangers on has poisoned the club and I think it needed another year or so of leadership in the dressing room to sort it out.

Professionalism rubs off just as much as half arsed behaviour does.

The club has been changed for the better in this regard.

One of Chico's mates from Stourbridge was telling me after the game last week that he knows somebody who works at Bodymoor Heath. Apparently it is a joy to work there now, unlike previous seasons, as there is a sense of professionalism and pride. Some top class pros with good attitude, but apparently all from the top down thanks to Bruce.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #3244 on: June 01, 2018, 01:19:54 PM »
The Rams are as hamstrung as we are financially, so I think this is unlikely. Anyway I really appreciated JT's contribution last season but that doesn't mean I'd feel too comfortable with a managerial rookie at the helm, let along two. I think Mel might have dropped a bollock here.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if it was us it would end up as a car crash, but it'll probably bloody work for them!

I think JT the player is bordering past it even at theis level now - Fulham constantly targetted that channel first half and played one through ball that he couldn't turn quickly enough on the edge of his box and bang it was a goal.  he would have merit in the dressing room for Lampard though as he did here, by getting the squad unified and on side with the manager.

The ball was played outside of Hutton to a position where Hutton should have been. It was nothing to do with Terry's turning ability. A fast central defender would have done well to get over to cover Hutton and cut out the advancing player with the ball.

Aah yes you're right, I'd erased the finer details of it from my mind, clearly!!!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3245 on: June 01, 2018, 01:45:27 PM »
In fairness he looked more tired as the season went on. Chester played very well with him though. We have to get a decent sized centre half to go with Chester now that can dominate in the air. Bit of pace would be good too.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #3246 on: June 01, 2018, 02:25:03 PM »

A naturally left footed / sided CB would be ideal

richtheholtender

« Reply #3247 on: June 01, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »
You both just described Nathan baker

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3248 on: June 01, 2018, 03:29:34 PM »
well not really because the reality with him was grim

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #3249 on: June 01, 2018, 03:37:30 PM »
You both just described Nathan baker

One of them motioned a bit of pace.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3250 on: June 01, 2018, 03:43:14 PM »
The problem with Baker is his concentration, on paper he has everything you'd want from a top centre half, in reality he just goes to sleep too often.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #3251 on: June 03, 2018, 01:19:01 PM »
The Daily Star is reporting that Terry has already agreed to link up with Lampard at Derby for another season in the Championship

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #3252 on: June 03, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »
The Daily Star is reporting that Terry has already agreed to link up with Lampard at Derby for another season in the Championship

I wonder if he'll ask to be left out of the games against Villa?

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #3253 on: June 03, 2018, 03:22:14 PM »

I wonder if he'll ask to be left out of the games against Villa?

Brilliant!!

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #3254 on: June 03, 2018, 03:30:17 PM »
Yes story is he is going to Derby for half what we were paying , now granted he is a year older but I dunno seems like we got screwed on wages again to me ..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal