collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:38:18 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:36:48 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:32:20 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:28:43 PM]

Robin Olsen by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:25:36 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555507 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2940 on: May 11, 2018, 03:03:10 PM »
While trying to delve deep into our history to see if any of our Victorians would have amassed a fair few, I stumbled across two records we still hold.

Most FA Cup goals conceded: 539: Aston Villa.
Not normally a cause for celebration, but...
Highest FA Cup goal difference: +305: Aston Villa.
Which by my maths puts us level with Kettering on record goals scored, too.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2941 on: May 11, 2018, 03:49:40 PM »
While trying to delve deep into our history to see if any of our Victorians would have amassed a fair few, I stumbled across two records we still hold.

Most FA Cup goals conceded: 539: Aston Villa.
Not normally a cause for celebration, but...
Highest FA Cup goal difference: +305: Aston Villa.
Which by my maths puts us level with Kettering on record goals scored, too.

Eh?

Surely if we've conceded the most and have the highest goal difference we must be on our own as having scored the most too?  How can Kettering be level with us if they've conceded fewer and have a lower goal difference?

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2942 on: May 11, 2018, 04:02:32 PM »

Offline TB

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #2943 on: May 11, 2018, 04:28:07 PM »
According to the archived copy (from October 2016) of the source Wikipedia references, Kettering Town should be listed with the record "Worst FA Cup Goal Difference (-92).

Most FA Cup goals scored should read: 844: Aston Villa.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2944 on: May 11, 2018, 04:51:30 PM »
If Wikipedia is wrong, can I trust no one?

Welcome to the post-truth world!  I thought Brexit and Donald Trump's election were the pinnacle of disinformation but this is a whole new level!!!

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #2945 on: May 11, 2018, 05:41:26 PM »
Just hope that in a month's time Terry''s biggest worry is that he might have to play in  a villa shirt next season at Chelsea in a league game.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #2946 on: May 11, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »
Great interview with JT on the official site. So committed and huge desire to still win.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2947 on: May 11, 2018, 06:47:31 PM »
ATAL, many thanks for your message. It’s none of your fucking business is the answer. Maybe if you travel through posts from the past few years you will find the answer you clearly crave.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #2948 on: May 11, 2018, 06:55:31 PM »
ATAL, many thanks for your message. It’s none of your fucking business is the answer. Maybe if you travel through posts from the past few years you will find the answer you clearly crave.

Lol + applause.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2949 on: May 11, 2018, 07:26:00 PM »

Even the fact that you had to do that publicly speaks volumes, in response to an honest question submitted privately. It's not like I was asking a deeply personal question.

It might not be my business, but maybe don't tell the world with such zeal how much you hate the guy if you're not willing to explain.

Have a great evening.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #2950 on: May 11, 2018, 07:39:50 PM »
You’re clearly on some kind of wind up and I appear to be one of the posters you have fixated on for some bizarre reason. Is it because I said the quality control on recent King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard albums appears to have dropped off?

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #2951 on: May 11, 2018, 07:46:24 PM »

Even the fact that you had to do that publicly speaks volumes, in response to an honest question submitted privately. It's not like I was asking a deeply personal question.

It might not be my business, but maybe don't tell the world with such zeal how much you hate the guy if you're not willing to explain.

Have a great evening.

The fact that you're sending people you don't know private messages demanding they justify their public opinion speaks volumes, not the fact that Chris told you it's none of your business. In fact, it's borderline odd.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #2952 on: May 11, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »
Sorry to butt in, I haven't been following this discussion too closely but what on earth is this thing of PM-ing questions? This is a public forum isn't it? I'm pretty sure Chris's stance on Terry is well documented on here, if I'd received a PM asking me (politely or not) to explain myself I'd probably react in the same way. The only thing his public reply tells me, ATAL, is that he doesn't appreciate you making it a private matter when his views are already public, if you care to look. I think that's completely fair enough, and I think you need to clamber down off that high horse of yours.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2953 on: May 11, 2018, 07:52:06 PM »

Have a great evening.

The fact that you're sending people you don't know private messages demanding they justify their public opinion speaks volumes, not the fact that Chris told you it's none of your business. In fact, it's borderline odd.

Actually, JD made the rather helpful suggestion that I message him privately. And I didn't demand anything; I asked. I was curious. Nice try though.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2954 on: May 11, 2018, 07:55:13 PM »
Sorry to butt in, I haven't been following this discussion too closely but what on earth is this thing of PM-ing questions? This is a public forum isn't it? I'm pretty sure Chris's stance on Terry is well documented on here, if I'd received a PM asking me (politely or not) to explain myself I'd probably react in the same way. The only thing his public reply tells me, ATAL, is that he doesn't appreciate you making it a private matter when his views are already public, if you care to look. I think that's completely fair enough, and I think you need to clamber down off that high horse of yours.

As above.

I'll make sure I pass on to JD what a twisted notion you think private messaging is. Not to mention the other H&V users who have sent me messages over the years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal