collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555286 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2790 on: March 20, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »
Good to see the comments from our captain in today's papers. He praises the fantastic away support but they will always get behind the team. It's the home crowd that needs to make Villa Park an unwelcoming cauldron for visiting clubs if we're going to get over the line. As someone once said "we all need to pull together right now and give 110% from the tea lady to the boardroom "

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2791 on: March 20, 2018, 09:53:51 AM »
Funnily enough, I think we will do better in the Cardiff game at home because it is likely to be a full house - these games we seem to relish.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2792 on: March 20, 2018, 11:29:32 AM »
Funnily enough, I think we will do better in the Cardiff game at home because it is likely to be a full house - these games we seem to relish.

That's part of the reason I would be quietly confident about getting through the Play-Offs.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #2793 on: March 20, 2018, 11:51:30 AM »

That's part of the reason I would be quietly confident about getting through the Play-Offs.

Agree with this. The big game players will enjoy this sort of occasion. 
Grabban for one after losing out last year will want to right things

(still hoping for automatic though! )

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2794 on: March 20, 2018, 05:14:33 PM »
So have we confirmed he is stopping? If we don't go up he will have to take a hefty pay drop I imagine.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2795 on: March 21, 2018, 05:50:59 PM »
So have we confirmed he is stopping? If we don't go up he will have to take a hefty pay drop I imagine.

Round again last night. He wants to stop, regardless of the division we are in, but obviously we need to reach a financial agreement if we don't go up.

He is apparently exemplary in the dressing room and at training. He has very much taken Jack under his wing and spends lots of time talking with him about how to improve and the pitfalls of the game.

First in and last off the training ground every day and the rest of the players are essentially copying him in how to prepare for a game.

Round also told an amusing story from Bodymoor the other day. It was 5pm and he could hear a commotion in the dressing room. As everyone has normally gone, he went to inspect what was going on and it was an incredibly competitive game of head tennis between Terry and Snodgrass. They were refusing to leave until one was declared the clear winner.

By 6.30pm he had had enough and declared it a draw on their behalf.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2796 on: March 21, 2018, 05:56:55 PM »
That's great. I know we've stumbled in the last week but we can still come out of this if the spirit amongst the players is strong. We'll bounce back and hopefully Bruce can draw on whatever positive experience he has had with previous promotions to get us up be it automatically, or as is more likely via the playoffs.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2797 on: March 21, 2018, 06:10:58 PM »
It sounds a good dressing room. Round also fought his corner well on what a good player Onomah will be and why O' Hare and Doyle-Hayes aren't quite ready yet (expect him out on loan next season). And we only signed Onomah to cover Grealish missing the first few months. Oh yes, and there is about to be a change on Croatians needing work permits and we have scouted the fuck out of the best players there (I may be paraphrasing).

I know I am flitting between threads but the scouting set up is night and day from what we had previously. 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2798 on: March 21, 2018, 06:12:52 PM »
Croatia has had a lot of top, top players for a while now. Would love to see us pluck the next Modric or Rakitic.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2799 on: March 21, 2018, 06:25:06 PM »
It was also asked about transfer by committee. Not so says Round. If a few like the look of a decent youngster like Bedeau, then Bruce doesn't need a say in that. Let's bring him in and see how he develops. Anything for the first team though is thoroughly scouted and the manager signs off on the lot, and that is after they have been watched countlessly by others. In fact, if we are thinking of signing someone, Round and Bruce do the final scouting missions together.

They have also introduced a 4 tier payment scale for younger players and won't breach it unless you hit the next tier. It's why Green only has another two years on his contract. Not getting what he would love but scope to bounce up the scale with another contract in that time.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #2800 on: March 21, 2018, 06:36:31 PM »
It sounds a good dressing room. Round also fought his corner well on what a good player Onomah will be and why O' Hare and Doyle-Hayes aren't quite ready yet (expect him out on loan next season). And we only signed Onomah to cover Grealish missing the first few months. Oh yes, and there is about to be a change on Croatians needing work permits and we have scouted the fuck out of the best players there (I may be paraphrasing).

I know I am flitting between threads but the scouting set up is night and day from what we had previously.

Unfortunately we'll probably have only a short time with Croatians not needing work permits because of Brexit

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2801 on: March 21, 2018, 06:40:19 PM »
He mentioned that as well!

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2802 on: March 21, 2018, 08:48:29 PM »
The comment about Terry being first on the training ground and last off is interesting in so much as its surprising he's singled out as unusual.

In a dressing room full of former team captains (Jedinak, Hourihane, Lansbury, McCormack) and plenty more who've played at the highest level (Chester, Snodgrass, Hutton, Whelan) it should be ultra-professional at BH.

How the fuck did it become a retirement home for piss-taking players?

Offline Clampy

« Reply #2803 on: March 21, 2018, 09:05:00 PM »
The comment about Terry being first on the training ground and last off is interesting in so much as its surprising he's singled out as unusual.

In a dressing room full of former team captains (Jedinak, Hourihane, Lansbury, McCormack) and plenty more who've played at the highest level (Chester, Snodgrass, Hutton, Whelan) it should be ultra-professional at BH.

How the fuck did it become a retirement home for piss-taking players?

Are you suggesting it's a retirement home for piss taking players now or was previously in seaaon's gone by?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:10:42 PM by Clampy »

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #2804 on: March 21, 2018, 09:32:01 PM »
I took that comment to mean firmly in the past.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal