collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555416 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2670 on: February 12, 2018, 05:40:28 PM »
If we achieve promotion we should do all we can as a club to convince to stay another season. His leadership will make a huge difference in what will likely be a tough first season even if his playing ability will be declining. He can help with the transition as we settle back into being a PL club.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2671 on: February 12, 2018, 05:59:55 PM »
A colleague (Liverpool supporter) who watched yesterday, as his first observation said how completely solid Terry and Chester look at the back.

I think they've been great barring one or two errors, especially in this run.

He may be a twat, but he hasn't done anything wrong in his time at the club. (and even those who moaned about him going to London are quiet now).

Brilliant signing.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2672 on: February 12, 2018, 07:18:11 PM »
As much as Terry looks to be enjoying life at the top of the Championship I'm not sure it's as clear cut him being up for a relegation scrap, losing more often than not.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2673 on: February 12, 2018, 07:22:39 PM »
For the sake of some balance...arguably at fault for both of Burtons goals last week and slipped to gift Gallagher a golden opportunity which he should really have scored at 0-0.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2674 on: February 12, 2018, 07:27:33 PM »
At fault for the first? How?

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2675 on: February 12, 2018, 07:30:57 PM »
At fault for the first? How?
Didn't he lose his marker on the corner?

Offline j66acd

« Reply #2676 on: February 12, 2018, 07:33:35 PM »
For the sake of some balance...arguably at fault for both of Burtons goals last week and slipped to gift Gallagher a golden opportunity which he should really have scored at 0-0.

Their first should have been a free kick to us, the Burton player was all over Terry. Reckon the guy I used to sit in front of would have been screaming stepladder!!

I love his passion, his effortless ball control and skill. Terry giving a big fist pump to the Holte yesterday was almost as good as Mellberg’s against them doughnuts.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2677 on: February 12, 2018, 07:43:47 PM »
I think we should put our collective humour and creative skills to compose a written tribute to John Terry.  I for one never, ever ever thought I would have a good word to say about him but I stand on what I wrote two weeks ago that he is the best player I have seen in a Villa shirt for a decade.

Chelsea fans who by common consent are as thick as pig shit have announced JT as Leader, Legend etc. I think Villa should give him the Palme D'Or of being "as good as some past Villa players".  Yes, I like that.  Nicely understated.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2678 on: February 12, 2018, 07:50:48 PM »

Their first should have been a free kick to us, the Burton player was all over Terry. Reckon the guy I used to sit in front of would have been screaming stepladder!!

I love his passion, his effortless ball control and skill. Terry giving a big fist pump to the Holte yesterday was almost as good as Mellberg’s against them doughnuts.
Just watched it again I can't make out if he was fouled (you may well have a point with "Stepladder") I just remember thinking he'd lost the challenge (to be fair even so although it did put Elmohadady under pressure he didn't have to necessary put the ball in the top corner).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:54:07 PM by Diablo »

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #2679 on: February 12, 2018, 08:24:42 PM »
The JT stare never left that piece of shit all the way through that altercation. I love the way Chester was straight in there as well.

There is a togetherness in this team that has been missing since the MON time and it is evident no one is excluded. Great to see

I wonder if he kept his mouth closed so Ndoye couldn't make a racism claim? It seemed odd that Terry didn't say anything at all, and maybe he thought he would be better off keeping schtum.

Offline supertom

« Reply #2680 on: February 12, 2018, 08:46:56 PM »
Class player. He's still the business. Would love to keep him another year. Hell...it's happened. I've relented...I'm gonna call him JT. And I'm not even sicking in my mouth a bit.
Get in there JT!

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2681 on: February 12, 2018, 08:58:56 PM »

Just watched it again I can't make out if he was fouled (you may well have a point with "Stepladder") I just remember thinking he'd lost the challenge (to be fair even so although it did put Elmohadady under pressure he didn't have to necessary put the ball in the top corner).

You might have been thinking of the Sheffield United match when he lost his man who then hit the bar. Whatever else he offers the team, he has tended to make an error every match that leads to a decent chance since he's come back from injury. Against better opposition I'm sure we would have been punished, but thankfully you don't get many clinical strikers in this league, as their striker yesterday showed pretty emphatically! We will need an upgrade when we go up, and I think he knows that and is why he dropped down a division (the 'won't play against Chelsea' can't be be for real, surely).

As I've said before, we will need someone big and quick to partner Chester if we go up. We can't have such a vulnerability to pace and height against better teams.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #2682 on: February 12, 2018, 09:03:58 PM »
The JT stare never left that piece of shit all the way through that altercation. I love the way Chester was straight in there as well.

There is a togetherness in this team that has been missing since the MON time and it is evident no one is excluded. Great to see

I wonder if he kept his mouth closed so Ndoye couldn't make a racism claim? It seemed odd that Terry didn't say anything at all, and maybe he thought he would be better off keeping schtum.

He probably thought about calling him a useless bluenose twat but decided against fearing the furore that would ensue in Birmingham City centre where 2.6 million noses live.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #2683 on: February 12, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »

He probably thought about calling him a useless bluenose twat but decided against fearing the furore that would ensue in Birmingham City centre where 2.6 million noses live.

... and the rest!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2684 on: February 12, 2018, 09:16:40 PM »
I think we should put our collective humour and creative skills to compose a written tribute to John Terry.  I for one never, ever ever thought I would have a good word to say about him but I stand on what I wrote two weeks ago that he is the best player I have seen in a Villa shirt for a decade.

Chelsea fans who by common consent are as thick as pig shit have announced JT as Leader, Legend etc. I think Villa should give him the Palme D'Or of being "as good as some past Villa players".  Yes, I like that.  Nicely understated.
He's could be the next George Curtis.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal