collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 02:17:15 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 02:15:30 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Ollie Watkins by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:57:32 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:53:30 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Diego Carlos by OCD
[Today at 01:21:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 02:17:15 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 02:15:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 02:14:26 PM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 02:12:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 02:09:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 02:06:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555033 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2550 on: January 15, 2018, 04:01:15 PM »
Terry was thirty years old when he called the brother of his international centre-back partner a 'fucking black c***'. As Rio Ferdinand said: “For me the biggest idiot will always be John Terry. As England captain and my centre-back partner he could have saved everyone a lot of pain by admitting immediately he used the word in the heat of the moment, but was no racist. I think that’s probably what happened and what the truth is. Anton and I would’ve accepted that – instead he never gave us a chance. That was the betrayal. He tried to run away from what he had done.”

So you like him then

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #2551 on: January 15, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
I wonder what savage said that night that made Dion loose his cool.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2552 on: January 15, 2018, 05:05:19 PM »

It wasn't anything racist.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2553 on: January 15, 2018, 05:24:17 PM »

To be fair, he has the kind of face that means he’d provoke that kind of reaction just by coming into view.

Well for me, anyway.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #2554 on: January 15, 2018, 05:45:01 PM »
He puts the likes of Richards and Gabby to shame.

Surely we could look at agreeing a mutual cancellation of Micah’s contract. Yes it will cost us but would be less than paying him every week for the next 18 months until he inevitably leaves!?
I doubt it.  Why would he accept a penny less than the full amount of the remainder of his contract?

He would only do it if he could make it up, or get more, by going to another club.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2555 on: January 15, 2018, 06:34:43 PM »
Could be worse. You could hate every fibre of his character and are still uncomfortable getting pleasure from his clearly excellent performances given those feelings. You could make it far worse by having a bet that you will wear a shirt with his name and number on the back of he plays 30 games and captains us to promotion though.....

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2556 on: January 15, 2018, 06:36:28 PM »
Could be worse. You could hate every fibre of his character and are still uncomfortable getting pleasure from his clearly excellent performances given those feelings. You could make it far worse by having a bet that you will wear a shirt with his name and number on the back of he plays 30 games and captains us to promotion though.....

Ha! Fingers crossed.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2557 on: January 15, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »

Ha! Fingers crossed.

I reacted rather badly to the "JT is God" shit at the start of the season and people that should know better took advantage. Can you imagine me wearing that shirt for the day? Away at Millwall? Or to Wembley for a play off final? Fuck a duck.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2558 on: January 15, 2018, 06:52:23 PM »
Think i'd sooner do that with a duck.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2559 on: January 15, 2018, 07:44:08 PM »
So everyone is just going to ignore the fact that a court found him not guilty then? So its cool if we apply the same rules to Anton Ferdinand's court case for assault and call him out for being a violent criminal? That Rio is a homophobic bigot and rapist apologist? That Rio got for fined for his racist comments against Ashley Cole? That he is a drunk driver? Lets just pile on and go for it then if we are going to ignore what these three men claim they meant. I rather thought Villa fans were a bit more fair minded than that.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:08:05 PM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2560 on: January 15, 2018, 07:52:42 PM »

Hehe fair play if you do that.

Does PWS have any forfeits?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2561 on: January 15, 2018, 07:58:01 PM »
So everyone is just going to ignore the fact that a court found him not guilty then? So its cool if we apply the same rules to Anton Ferdinand's court case for assault and call him out for being a violent criminal? That Rio is a homophobic bigot and rapist? Lets just pile on and go for it then if we are going to ignore what these three men claim they meant. I rather thought Villa fans were a bit more fair minded than that.

I’m not sure people have to be found guilty of a crime to be pretty unpleasant. So I can understand peoples issues with him. Me personally I’m just trying to separate footballing ability from previous behaviour, which I’ll admit isn’t something I’m entirely comfortable with.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2562 on: January 15, 2018, 08:05:13 PM »
So everyone is just going to ignore the fact that a court found him not guilty then? So its cool if we apply the same rules to Anton Ferdinand's court case for assault and call him out for being a violent criminal? That Rio is a homophobic bigot and rapist? Lets just pile on and go for it then if we are going to ignore what these three men claim they meant. I rather thought Villa fans were a bit more fair minded than that.

I’m not sure people have to be found guilty of a crime to be pretty unpleasant. So I can understand peoples issues with him. Me personally I’m just trying to separate footballing ability from previous behaviour, which I’ll admit isn’t something I’m entirely comfortable with.

Oh I agree. I just find it very unpleasant to see Terry constantly pilloried for his actions and the Ferdinands just ignored. I mean, to repeat, Rio Ferdinand was found guilty of racism and fined by the same FA board that fined Terry. Again, Terry has apologized for using that language, something with Rio has never done, in fact he told the victim of his abuse to "stop getting ya knickers in a twist!".

It seems more than a little one sided.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:07:33 PM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2563 on: January 15, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »
I can understand people not liking him and what he did was wrong. I'm a person of colour shall we say and I would rather judge someone by what they have learned versus the mistakes they have made. We've all been young, stupid at times and insensitive. I'm not endorsing John Terry as Man of The Year but constantly battering him makes no sense to me. I've suffered my fair share of racism living as an Indian kid in Birmingham, going to school in Erdington and Aston. I can tell when someone is stupid and ignorant and those who are truly malicious racists. I don't think Terry is the latter. And racism comes from all colours. It's never only a white on black/brown crime.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2564 on: January 15, 2018, 08:15:06 PM »

Oh I agree. I just find it very unpleasant to see Terry constantly pilloried for his actions and the Ferdinands just ignored. I mean, to repeat, Rio Ferdinand was found guilty of racism and fined by the same FA board that fined Terry. Again, Terry has apologized for using that language, something with Rio has never done, in fact he told the victim of his abuse to "stop getting ya knickers in a twist!".

It seems more than a little one sided.

I don’t see the comparison though, who’s saying Rio Ferdinand is a great bloke?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal