collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by Chris Harte
[Today at 12:59:13 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:59:06 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 12:59:02 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 12:56:52 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:56:47 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:56:00 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Chris Harte
[Today at 12:54:21 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 12:53:20 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555741 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2535 on: January 14, 2018, 07:21:43 PM »
I’m still very firmly in the ‘can’t stand him and wish he’d never signed for Villa’ camp.
k

Good for you..meanwhile I hope he plays every single game this season helping us to get back into the Premier League. Then i will give the 'holier than thou' view why he shouldn't play for us, about half a second thought and then realise we were actually lucky to have him.

Good for you, not sure what you mean by “holier than thou”, being an atheist and all that. Always hated him, just because he plays for the football club I support doesn’t mean I’m going to change my opinion of him.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2536 on: January 14, 2018, 07:25:31 PM »
He puts the likes of Richards and Gabby to shame.

Surely we could look at agreeing a mutual cancellation of Micah’s contract. Yes it will cost us but would be less than paying him every week for the next 18 months until he inevitably leaves!?
Unless he would take a discount on the remainder of his contract, the problem is amortisation and FFP though.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #2537 on: January 14, 2018, 07:34:10 PM »
I’m still very firmly in the ‘can’t stand him and wish he’d never signed for Villa’ camp.
k

Good for you..meanwhile I hope he plays every single game this season helping us to get back into the Premier League. Then i will give the 'holier than thou' view why he shouldn't play for us, about half a second thought and then realise we were actually lucky to have him.

Good for you, not sure what you mean by “holier than thou”, being an atheist and all that. Always hated him, just because he plays for the football club I support doesn’t mean I’m going to change my opinion of him.
Fair enough..lets cut are noses off despite our face then and play Micah Richards instead..im sure the end result will be the same.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2538 on: January 14, 2018, 07:39:32 PM »
Neither of them have been involved for a number of weeks, haven’t done too badly without either of them.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2539 on: January 14, 2018, 11:52:43 PM »
Brilliant professional. One of my favorite players for a few years now.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2540 on: January 15, 2018, 12:13:23 AM »
I loathe him, and have ranted about the man on here on many occasion. I am now in the uncomfortable place where I have to separate John Terry, the man outside of football, with John Terry, the utter consummate professional and all round top drawer footballer and captain this season for Aston Villa. There is no doubt he has proven himself as probably the best centre half (although Chester would run him close with the age issue) in the division. We also look calmer, work better and seem much more organised on the field with him out there. As such as long as he is acting like a decent human being off the pitch, and it appears he has sorted that side of himself out a while ago, I think if we go up getting him to give us another season is not just a want, it is a must. He would walk into any side outside the top 6, and on many weekends probably play for most of those sides too. He is certainly would do Arsenal some good for example. In fact outside of United, Chelsea, Spurs and Man City, there are few he would not get into. We are, from a footballing perspective, lucky to have him. And he has not treated us like a retirement home, and all credit to him for that.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2541 on: January 15, 2018, 12:37:50 AM »
I'm delighted to see him finally being more vocal. It was the only part of his game I thought we've been missing. Saturday he bloody cared like he was playing for Chelsea.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2542 on: January 15, 2018, 12:41:08 AM »
There was a point where he was stood behind Chester, clearly speaking to him about something or another while waiting for a set piece, and you could just see him calming the whole thing.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2543 on: January 15, 2018, 08:50:13 AM »
I always like the way he pops up to tell the referee what he should be doing.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2544 on: January 15, 2018, 08:53:11 AM »
He puts the likes of Richards and Gabby to shame.

Surely we could look at agreeing a mutual cancellation of Micah’s contract. Yes it will cost us but would be less than paying him every week for the next 18 months until he inevitably leaves!?
I doubt it.  Why would he accept a penny less than the full amount of the remainder of his contract?

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #2545 on: January 15, 2018, 10:47:11 AM »
It might be sacrilege to say so but Paul McGrath gets the GOD moniker and behaved abysmally off the field at times, has Terry's behaviour been any worse?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2546 on: January 15, 2018, 10:56:45 AM »
It might be sacrilege to say so but Paul McGrath gets the GOD moniker and behaved abysmally off the field at times, has Terry's behaviour been any worse?
No

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #2547 on: January 15, 2018, 11:26:34 AM »
No

People base their opinion on what they see fit, and if people chose to cast eternal damnation from their ivory towers they have every right to.

For me, he may have had a couple of twat moments from his formative years but you cant hang people for their mistakes forever. Since he has been here he has been absolutely exemplary, on and off the field (I dont think anyone could even challenge that). Follow him on social media and he comes across as a fantastic father, read reports from charity functions and nothing is too much trouble. He puts some of our recent stars to shame with his attitude and professionalism.
I would love it if we could get another season off him but if we dont, I hope his legacy is that youngsters like Grealish, Davis, Green are positively influenced by him being here.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #2548 on: January 15, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »
No

People base their opinion on what they see fit, and if people chose to cast eternal damnation from their ivory towers they have every right to.

For me, he may have had a couple of twat moments from his formative years but you cant hang people for their mistakes forever. Since he has been here he has been absolutely exemplary, on and off the field (I dont think anyone could even challenge that). Follow him on social media and he comes across as a fantastic father, read reports from charity functions and nothing is too much trouble. He puts some of our recent stars to shame with his attitude and professionalism.
I would love it if we could get another season off him but if we dont, I hope his legacy is that youngsters like Grealish, Davis, Green are positively influenced by him being here.

If everybody was judged on what we did in our early twenties we'd all be in trouble I'd wager.

Look, he did and said some heinous shit without a doubt, and if I'm honest I could never stand him, on the pitch or off it. However - the people he works with on a day-to-day basis, who know him far better than any of us, for the most part seem to like him, are happy to follow him, step up when he asks them to, and learn a lot under his leadership. I'm inclined to think he's the best thing to happen to Villa in a long time.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 02:19:27 PM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #2549 on: January 15, 2018, 03:34:08 PM »
Terry was thirty years old when he called the brother of his international centre-back partner a 'fucking black ******'. As Rio Ferdinand said: “For me the biggest idiot will always be John Terry. As England captain and my centre-back partner he could have saved everyone a lot of pain by admitting immediately he used the word in the heat of the moment, but was no racist. I think that’s probably what happened and what the truth is. Anton and I would’ve accepted that – instead he never gave us a chance. That was the betrayal. He tried to run away from what he had done.”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal