collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:12:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Forge10
[Today at 12:11:48 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by colin69
[Today at 12:11:42 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by SoccerHQ
[Today at 12:09:05 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:07:48 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 12:06:48 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[April 27, 2024, 11:48:51 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[April 27, 2024, 11:32:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555687 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #2055 on: October 22, 2017, 03:41:49 PM »
You are all so beastly to the fellow.

I feel mean now. I love that thing he does when you think he’s injured but just jumps to his feet and gets on with things. What a guy.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2056 on: October 22, 2017, 03:54:34 PM »
He is just misunderstood.  His mother loves him. I think.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2057 on: October 22, 2017, 03:55:58 PM »
Not as much as she loves nicking things.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #2058 on: October 22, 2017, 04:03:09 PM »
Anyone else still of the view that we didn't need him because the defence was sorted and we had baker?

hahaha yeah because we were shipping goals left right and centre last season,  that's why we averaged less than a goal a game.

yes our defence is good with Terry in it but lets not rewrite history.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #2059 on: October 22, 2017, 04:04:59 PM »
Anyone else still of the view that we didn't need him because the defence was sorted and we had baker?

hahaha yeah because we were shipping goals left right and centre last season,  that's why we only conceded 48 goals in a 46 game season.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2060 on: October 22, 2017, 06:34:41 PM »

hahaha yeah because we were shipping goals left right and centre last season,  that's why we averaged less than a goal a game.

Baker’s biggest failing is that he cannot pass the ball. Yes, he’s strong, brave and wholehearted but he is a very limited player. Having Terry has made us a better team overall.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2061 on: October 22, 2017, 06:38:29 PM »
Terry can pass a ball 10 times better with his weaker foot than Baker can with his strongest one!

Offline stuart445

« Reply #2062 on: October 22, 2017, 06:48:16 PM »

Baker’s biggest failing is that he cannot pass the ball. Yes, he’s strong, brave and wholehearted but he is a very limited player. Having Terry has made us a better team overall.

All I want from a central defender is being able to defend anything else is a bonus. As I said 48 goals from 46 games is more than good enough in my book. I'm just relieved I defence is still good this season. The vital bit that seems to have changed is we have started to score goals

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2063 on: October 22, 2017, 06:51:47 PM »
Baker was as brave a player as I've ever seen.  But he isn't in Terry's class. 

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2064 on: October 22, 2017, 06:56:32 PM »

All I want from a central defender is being able to defend anything else is a bonus. As I said 48 goals from 46 games is more than good enough in my book. I'm just relieved I defence is still good this season. The vital bit that seems to have changed is we have started to score goals

We are scoring goals because the defence needs less protection and is less likely to hoof the ball straight back to the opposition.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #2065 on: October 22, 2017, 07:29:12 PM »
Exactly

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2066 on: October 22, 2017, 07:29:47 PM »

We are scoring goals because the defence needs less protection and is less likely to hoof the ball straight back to the opposition.

Exactamundo dude.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2067 on: October 22, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »
I always rated him as a player and didn't get too wrapped up in the off field stuff although it was hard to actually say you liked him. My main annoyance was his attempts to referee every game he played in. I think it was Clattenbourg in the 2-1 at VP a few years back who allowed him to race the length of the field to contest a decision only to ignore him and stroll away. I thought it was contrived and hilarious. Obviously now he is doing well with us I think he is great. And I am quite happy to be a hypocrite when these days he refs games on our behalf.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2068 on: October 22, 2017, 08:02:51 PM »

I quite liked Baker, but his distribution was a bit lacking to be polite about it, and he never seemed that far from an injury.  Or a game-changing clanger.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2069 on: October 22, 2017, 08:06:15 PM »

I quite liked Baker, but his distribution was a bit lacking to be polite about it, and he never seemed that far from an injury.  Or a game-changing clanger.

Spot on. Half decent player, fully committed but brainless enough to invite injury and/or error.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal