collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555419 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #1920 on: September 18, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »
I just hope he can get us promoted as captain I'm being optimistic but got to be positive.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1921 on: September 18, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »

“He’s come in and had to meet new lads, and slowly but surely implement his character on the changing room.

Oh god.

Yep, he susses out whether they go home after training or not then nips round to their gaff before sloping back off to Lahndan.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1922 on: September 18, 2017, 05:44:34 PM »

“He’s come in and had to meet new lads, and slowly but surely implement his character on the changing room.

Oh god.

Yep, he susses out whether they go home after training or not then nips round to their gaff before sloping back off to Lahndan.

Surrey. The man is the living embodiment of Surrey. Essex with its teeth whitened.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #1923 on: September 18, 2017, 06:37:41 PM »
Probably had his best game for us on Saturday.  Still don't like the prick ::)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1924 on: September 18, 2017, 11:08:06 PM »
He's behaved great since he arrived, certainly better than half our players the last few seasons. More importantly he seems to be a positive influence on the players. If you can't get past the tabloid crap then perhaps it's best you pretend he's Mr Applyard

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1925 on: September 18, 2017, 11:33:03 PM »
Was at Stamford Bridge to watch Chelsea v Arsenal yesterday...still seems to love going there and not moving on.

Tbh no issue just like to have Nathan baker come watch us sometime !

I think if JT has an injury he'll be straight on chelsea tv and on media for Chelsea champions league matches .

Why Baker?  Why not Albrighton who was fucked about and pushed out of the club but still comes to a fair number of games even though he's got a league winners medal.

Possibly Baker from a positional (and replacement) point of view? And I maybe wrong but hasn't Albrighton been back to watch us since he left?

Yes, lots of times, that's why I used him as the example. Some players will join a club as a fan or develop a strong affinity whilst playing.  It just seemed strange to single out Baker when there's plenty of other former players who don't come to games and then used Marc as an example of a former player who clearly still has a great love for the club.

As example really just like JT replaced Bakes.
Baker had been villa ages and I liked him .
As mentioned as long as promoted doesn't matter in scheme of things just I like villa captain to embodies villa and be alot more  villa orientated.

Rather it's all the photos and things at Chelsea all the time with the players . Recent one being youth player who gonna play in league cup.

I'd like the villa captain going to villa under 23matches .
Encouraging or at least seen to be encouraging villa set up.
Love or Hate the guy must take advantage of his prestige and use him off field to promote club

Baker would be more appreciated if he was captain and promoting  us but we have  Terry and he's his replacement that's all . In my minds seems make sense.

Albrighton is good example of villa fan .

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1926 on: September 19, 2017, 12:01:42 AM »
I'm not that bothered by Terry's character or past but re-christening him Gerald Appleyard is just comic genius.  He should be known as nothing else henceforth.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1927 on: September 19, 2017, 12:05:11 AM »
Terry is never going to stop loving Chelsea. We shouldn't expect it. If he keeps being the solid pro and putting in performances like Saturday then thats more than good enough for me. I am pleased with how he is working out. He doesnt seem to look down on us nor make trouble off or on the pitch. Good stuff so far.

Online KRS

« Reply #1928 on: September 19, 2017, 12:10:23 AM »
No complaints here. Its taken a few games for him to settle in and for Chester to adjust his game, but its looking like they are starting to build a good partnership and understanding so hopefully they will continue to improve and give us a strong foundation at the back.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1929 on: September 19, 2017, 12:22:44 AM »
I though Gerald Appleyard had a good game on Saturday I'm pleased he seems to be finding his feet and settling in. One Gerald Appleyard, there's only one Gerald Appleyard!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:34:16 AM by Diablo »

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1930 on: September 19, 2017, 12:30:16 AM »
I though Gerald Appleyard had a good game on Saturday I'm pleased he seems to be finding his feet and settling in. One Gerald Appleyeard, there's only one Gerald Appleyard!!

One of our own, he's one of our own!  ;D

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #1931 on: September 19, 2017, 06:23:23 AM »
It's not like this site is encrypted or anything. Reasoned criticism of one of our players is acceptable in my book, but personal abuse is uncalled for and potentially counter-productive, (I just hope he doesn't log into this site to check up on what we are saying about him) especially as, as far as I can see, he's behaved perfectly well since being here and is slowly imposing himself on the pitch and apparently in the dressing room too. Always think the best of people and you may get the best out of them.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1932 on: September 19, 2017, 07:46:14 AM »
It's not like this site is encrypted or anything. Reasoned criticism of one of our players is acceptable in my book, but personal abuse is uncalled for and potentially counter-productive, (I just hope he doesn't log into this site to check up on what we are saying about him) especially as, as far as I can see, he's behaved perfectly well since being here and is slowly imposing himself on the pitch and apparently in the dressing room too. Always think the best of people and you may get the best out of them.

I think he is getting better for us game by game. I care about his private life about as much as he cares about mine.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1933 on: September 19, 2017, 07:47:06 AM »
I just hope he doesn't log into this site to check up on what we are saying about him

I would bet every penny I own that he doesn't.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #1934 on: September 19, 2017, 07:50:55 AM »
I doubt he can read

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal