collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555656 times)

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #1395 on: July 05, 2017, 10:23:12 PM »
Is Steve Bloomfield on H&V ?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/05/aston-villa-fan-boycott-john-terry-racist-past

Could be wrong but sure I saw his name under some of the articles in the fanzine years back.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1396 on: July 05, 2017, 10:33:21 PM »
Is Steve Bloomfield on H&V ?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/05/aston-villa-fan-boycott-john-terry-racist-past

Could be wrong but sure I saw his name under some of the articles in the fanzine years back.

If it was, I've forgotten about them.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1397 on: July 05, 2017, 10:55:46 PM »
You can't just withdraw  your support over a player.  I suggest that Steve Bloomfield be propelled in a time capsule back to the 70's - if John Terry causes him such an emotion the Villa support giving it loads to Cyril Regis would have thrown him into orbit.

John Terry may not be the nicest or brightest of fellas but he is still potentially one hell of a player. And besides who are we to judge and jury on an individual we only know through the media

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1398 on: July 05, 2017, 10:59:02 PM »
I would say Terry is quite bright if he has managed to get a contract worth £3 Million a year from us for playing possibly about a dozen games.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1399 on: July 05, 2017, 11:07:04 PM »
I would say Terry is quite bright if he has managed to get a contract worth £3 Million a year from us for playing possibly about a dozen games.

good point

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1400 on: July 05, 2017, 11:08:44 PM »
People can withdraw their support for whatever reason they want. In the same way as people can turn up in full John Terry Chelsea kit and mask etc if they want to.

It doesn't mean boycotting the club stops them supporting Villa, it means they don't feel comfortable putting money into the club while Terry is employed by the club, or for any other reason they feel is appropriate for them. Seems weird to me that some folks just can't respect that things like that are right for some people.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #1401 on: July 05, 2017, 11:24:54 PM »
People can withdraw their support for whatever reason they want. In the same way as people can turn up in full John Terry Chelsea kit and mask etc if they want to.

It doesn't mean boycotting the club stops them supporting Villa, it means they don't feel comfortable putting money into the club while Terry is employed by the club, or for any other reason they feel is appropriate for them. Seems weird to me that some folks just can't respect that things like that are right for some people.

They can, my issue is with the way he did it - he went public (unlike most of us who trade opinions but then see the broader picture) and therefore deserves the reaction (good and bad) he's getting. You cant have it one way when you want it, and the not the other when you don't.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #1402 on: July 05, 2017, 11:32:01 PM »
So you have an issue because he publicly stated he wasn't going, not because he isn't going?

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #1403 on: July 05, 2017, 11:32:23 PM »

They can, my issue is with the way he did it - he went public (unlike most of us who trade opinions but then see the broader picture) and therefore deserves the reaction (good and bad) he's getting. You cant have it one way when you want it, and the not the other when you don't.

This.

Well said.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1404 on: July 06, 2017, 12:01:42 AM »

I did wonder how I was going to be received. Glad you are all going to be supportive.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1405 on: July 06, 2017, 12:05:42 AM »
The entire business of football is wrapped up in hypocrisy.

Some people will opt not to support a team with John Terry in it, some people will put up with it, some people will give lip service to protesting it.

The vast majority of us will just carry on as normal, because that's how football works.

I hate paying for shirking fuckwits picking up 50k a week whilst nurses earn much less than that a year.

I can't stand the forelock tugging to credit card billionaires or wealthy products of a restrictive undemocratic state like China, and I don't like having anything to do with the bombastic bullshit machine which is the premier league.

I loathe the reduction of football from being about winning things to being about finishing top four because that's where the television money is.

I hate all that shit, but I put up with, and the reason i do is because the whole sport is awash with fucking hypocrisy, and I am just as bad as the next man.

Offline anton hillman

« Reply #1406 on: July 06, 2017, 12:28:22 AM »
AVFC are no longer a serious football club having signed this arsehole. After over fifty years of supporting the Villa I now feel like giving up.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #1407 on: July 06, 2017, 12:28:41 AM »
So you have an issue because he publicly stated he wasn't going, not because he isn't going?

I thought I was clear the first time, but happy to try again. He can do whatever he wants, as we all can. But I reacted because he put it in the public domain - so he fully deserves the roasting many are giving him.

Perhaps we should all start writing to the newspapers expressing every opinion we think matters about our Club.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #1408 on: July 06, 2017, 12:33:50 AM »

I thought I was clear the first time, but happy to try again. He can do whatever he wants, as we all can. But I reacted because he put it in the public domain - so he fully deserves the roasting many are giving him.

Perhaps we should all start writing to the newspapers expressing every opinion we think matters about our Club.

Why does he deserve a roasting? He's not comfortable with this issue, and his reservations are legitimate and shared by many; why can't people respect that?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #1409 on: July 06, 2017, 12:45:44 AM »

I asked as your original post was purely criticising his opinion, and now it's because it was online so I was asking which it is.

Just as we put our opinions here, he did his in an opinion section of a newspaper website. Which has over 3K of pages of opinions. Would you be as bothered if he'd written about buying a ST because we signed Terry?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal