collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 12:56:52 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:56:47 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:56:00 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Chris Harte
[Today at 12:54:21 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 12:53:20 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 12:52:27 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 12:52:26 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 12:49:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555736 times)

Offline exigo

Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #1260 on: July 04, 2017, 11:49:04 AM »
I agree. I think we should change his name entirely to something inoffensive like Russell Stevens or Gerald Appleyard. Reinvent him completely.

Andrew Greaves?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1261 on: July 04, 2017, 11:51:25 AM »
Apparently he wants to manage us one day, as you can't have Chelsea as your first club, and he wants to make his mistakes elsewhere.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1262 on: July 04, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »
Can the moderators put some sort of filter on to prevent him being referred to as 'JT' please? I keep dry retching at the sight of it.

I would like to sign something to confirm my support for this proposal.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1263 on: July 04, 2017, 12:15:23 PM »
I agree. I think we should change his name entirely to something inoffensive like Russell Stevens or Gerald Appleyard. Reinvent him completely.

Andrew Greaves?

How dare you, sir.  There is only one Andrew Greaves, and shall always be so.

African Car Reverser?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1264 on: July 04, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »

Juan Tela.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #1265 on: July 04, 2017, 12:25:43 PM »

Juan Tela.

Jermaine Tariq?

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #1266 on: July 04, 2017, 12:31:20 PM »

That tackle there's why I dislike Jean Thierry. It's as bad a one as I've seen - no thanks to him that JM managed to get his standing leg off the ground before it was snapped. But it's not just the tackle, it's the fact his first reaction wasn't to show concern for his fellow professional, it was to feign injury himself. It gives the lie to this whole captain, leader bollocks.

I accept that plenty of people like the club more than they dislike him. Equally my regard for the club means I don't want the likes of him associated with it. I'm sure I'll get over it but I'm never going to be happy about it.

Edit - I've got Peter O'Hanra-Hanrahan in my head now
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:39:04 PM by Hopadop »

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
« Reply #1267 on: July 04, 2017, 12:33:31 PM »
Apparently he wants to manage us one day, as you can't have Chelsea as your first club, and he wants to make his mistakes elsewhere.

I hadn't read that he would deign to manage us. I'd just read that he hopes to manage Chelsea ("I've always wanted to be the very best and if that's in management, then Chelsea's the one.") and that the main reason he signed for us was that he wouldn't have to play against Chelsea. This was all at his press conference after signing for Villa which was clearly a great opportunity for him to remind us all that he loves Chelsea.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1268 on: July 04, 2017, 12:49:36 PM »
Yeah, I was a bit non-plussed about his reason for rejecting PL teams being that he wouldn't have to face his beloved BloseSarf. It prompted the inevitable question from the SkySportsNews dude, ''What happens if Villa get promoted?".
Not that it really matters but I honestly thought one of the reasons for choosing us was that battling to win a title was more of a challenge than had he joined West Brom/Swansea etc. when at best the ambition would be to finish 7th.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1269 on: July 04, 2017, 12:52:01 PM »
TJ Rules.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1270 on: July 04, 2017, 12:52:11 PM »
Doublepost
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 01:04:45 PM by eamonn »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1271 on: July 04, 2017, 12:52:19 PM »
I reserve the right to refer to him on here as JT out of pure laziness.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1272 on: July 04, 2017, 01:00:06 PM »
I love AVFC without any reservations. However, because I love Villa does not mean that I have to like every person who works for the club, or every player that plays for the club.

Moving on, from what I have seen and heard of JT today I thought he handled the media very well and did not come across as being "thick", which I did not expect.

Finally and completely irrelevant I have only ever met 2 Villa players as far as I can recall, and one was our family GP when I was a child growing up in Aldridge.

Your final comment intrigues me. We had a player who became a GP?

Sorry reply delayed by overnight sleep, but yes way back in time Villa had a GP player. He was Dr Victor Milne, a Scot, played centre half and was in the 1924 FA Cup Final team. Last amateur to play for the Villa I believe. When I was a boy I had an infected knee which became swollen and he did a house call to lance it and clean out the infection. So to this day I have a scar inflicted by a Villa player! On one of his house calls dad got him to autograph a copy of the Peter Morris history book - the original edition I think. Still got it. He later became club doctor and his surgery in Portland Road, Aldridge had photographs of Villa teams of his era dotted about the walls of the Waiting Room. Probably only got into the team because Tommy Ball, who was expected to be one of the greats, got into an argument an off duty policeman neighbour and was shot an killed by said copper. Ball had succeeded the somewhat notorious Frank Barson at centre half.

The other player I came across was John Robson who was a member of the same MS Society branch as my wife.

My old mate Andy who is also an MS sufferer used to collect John Robson and take him to whatever MS society they used.  Perhaps your wife might know my friend.  Send me a pm and I'll give you his name.  They also used to go fishing together.  I last saw Andy two years ago and he didn't recognise us at first.  As we go back many,many years it hurt.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1273 on: July 04, 2017, 01:00:31 PM »
The pundits, media and neutrals all seem to think we have played a blinder with this move.

Add into that a series of ex players for and not from Villa - all seem to think it is a master stroke.

My concern has been all the way through this is that its a good but lazy option from Bruce - relying on a player to sort the others out rather than coaching / drilling method into them.

I wonder how much RDM may have influenced him about the club?

I think he may have a shock as a lot of players in the EPL will see a real "big name" and may want to put their mark on him

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1274 on: July 04, 2017, 01:04:16 PM »
The pundits, media and neutrals all seem to think we have played a blinder with this move.

Add into that a series of ex players for and not from Villa - all seem to think it is a master stroke.

My concern has been all the way through this is that its a good but lazy option from Bruce - relying on a player to sort the others out rather than coaching / drilling method into them.

I wonder how much RDM may have influenced him about the club?

I think he may have a shock as a lot of players in the EPL will see a real "big name" and may want to put their mark on him

I am guessing far better players than them have tried to put a mark on him. Especially in internationals and European competition. I wouldn't worry about him, he can look after himself.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal