collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549701 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #945 on: July 02, 2017, 03:06:10 PM »
Has Paul Mgrath said anything about us signing JT? I'd be interested to hear his thoughts

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #946 on: July 02, 2017, 03:09:24 PM »
your summation  excludes the four promotions he's secured from the Championship.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #947 on: July 02, 2017, 03:43:55 PM »
Has Paul Mgrath said anything about us signing JT? I'd be interested to hear his thoughts

Why? Do we have to put our opinions on hold about signing a racist until our favourite black man speaks about it?

Also, McGrath is of a generation (and nationality) that sadly ensured that he endured far, far worse racism than that which Terry dished out. Perhaps his ability to forgive his own tormentors means that he's more inclined to acceptance of c*nts like Terry? Does that mean we have to agree? Isn't he also a Chelsea fan, which might also be a factor? Why does it matter?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #948 on: July 02, 2017, 03:50:45 PM »
The apologists are ashamed and are looking for any excuse to assuage their guilt.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #949 on: July 02, 2017, 03:56:43 PM »
If we are to sign him ideally I'd like to see Villa win promotion without him spending a single minute on the pitch. That would be rather nice. Hate the thought of Captain Me in a Villa shirt.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #950 on: July 02, 2017, 04:15:26 PM »

Why? Do we have to put our opinions on hold about signing a racist until our favourite black man speaks about it?

Also, McGrath is of a generation (and nationality) that sadly ensured that he endured far, far worse racism than that which Terry dished out. Perhaps his ability to forgive his own tormentors means that he's more inclined to acceptance of c*nts like Terry? Does that mean we have to agree? Isn't he also a Chelsea fan, which might also be a factor? Why does it matter?
Well said SE. It's much better and much more powerful when all people take a firm stand on racism not just black/coloured people.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #951 on: July 02, 2017, 04:27:42 PM »

Well said SE. It's much better and much more powerful when all people take a firm stand on racism not just black/coloured people.

Thanks pal. Although it's a bit rum to automatically assume that I'm a pale, second-generation Irish pinko, just because I come across as a twat. I mean, I am, but check your privilege, bruv. Winking gent.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #952 on: July 02, 2017, 04:27:53 PM »
The apologists are ashamed and are looking for any excuse to assuage their guilt.

I'm not even sure they are ashamed, sadly.

Calling someone a fxcking black cxnt in the workplace is just one of those things, it seems.

Man up, or go shopping with the missus. Or summat.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #953 on: July 02, 2017, 04:34:21 PM »
Thanks pal. Although it's a bit rum to automatically assume that I'm a pale, second-generation Irish pinko, just because I come across as a twat. I mean, I am, but check your privilege, bruv. Winking gent.
I had my suspicions about you ;)

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #954 on: July 02, 2017, 04:54:08 PM »
I dislike John Terry as a man, I like him as a footballer.

Online The Edge

« Reply #955 on: July 02, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »

Just wondered. Jeez

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #956 on: July 02, 2017, 06:16:30 PM »
Why did you wonder?

Do you wonder what he thinks about the replacement for Villa Cash?

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #957 on: July 02, 2017, 06:19:04 PM »
Personally, I hope James Chester remains as team captain. JT can show his leadership skills without needing an armband.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #958 on: July 02, 2017, 06:25:19 PM »
Assuming this deal happens, I think that as many people as possible ought only to refer to him as John George Terry. Get as far away from the chummy 'JT' sobriquet as possible.
I am very petty though.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #959 on: July 02, 2017, 06:45:00 PM »
If we are to sign him ideally I'd like to see Villa win promotion without him spending a single minute on the pitch. That would be rather nice. Hate the thought of Captain Me in a Villa shirt.

I imagine he'll spend most of his time in London, training alone and traveling up to Bodymoor Heath on a Friday morning before the game. Obviously not going to move up here for the season and can't see him too keen to commute on a daily basis. But fear not, he will turn up in full kit for the first team squad photo.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal