collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549664 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #405 on: June 24, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »
Actually it's not fact, it's your opinion. I'd imagine many would be delighted, i'd imagine many wouldn't be. I'd imagine most would wonder how the smeg we'd get round FFP paying that kind of money.

And if it helps, Atkinson was an absolute twat for what he said and I wouldn't want him near VP again either.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #406 on: June 24, 2017, 07:28:48 PM »
Actually it's not fact, it's your opinion. I'd imagine many would be delighted, i'd imagine many wouldn't be. I'd imagine most would wonder how the smeg we'd get round FFP paying that kind of money.

And if it helps, Atkinson was an absolute twat for what he said and I wouldn't want him near VP again either.

Couldn't agree more.

Stupid comments however, do not make people inherently racist.

I was in the company of a certain Norwegian Villa "legend" whom made certain comments about females, that would test even the most ardent Villa fans....is sexism worse than racist comments?

Surely every footballer ever putting on a Villa shirt is guilty of some form of stereotypical comment at some point...if we were to wish them all away we would never have had a team nor future.  That's life.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #407 on: June 24, 2017, 07:54:02 PM »
Wonder what the response on here would be if we bid £150,000,000 for Louis suarez and offered him 250k a week.

I'd say, YES!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #408 on: June 24, 2017, 07:56:02 PM »
If 2nd division Aston Villa signed one of the best forwards in the world, I think you'd be telling prokies if you weren't excited to see him score goals and also eat an apple through a tennis racket.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #409 on: June 24, 2017, 08:02:42 PM »
The only difference between my opinion on us signing Suarez and Terry is questioning the "he'd massively improve us" stuff as he obviously would. I still wouldn't want to sign him though. It's pretty irrelevant though as there's zero chance of us ever finding out.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #410 on: June 24, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »
The only difference between my opinion on us signing Suarez and Terry is questioning the "he'd massively improve us" stuff as he obviously would. I still wouldn't want to sign him though. It's pretty irrelevant though as there's zero chance of us ever finding out.

But surely if we are dealing with principles of what people have said or represent, ability past, present or future surely becomes irrelevant.

You stand in the moralistic 1% of people who without lying would stand by "no".

Fair play to you.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 08:12:35 PM by AV5nobs »

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #411 on: June 24, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »
Well yes, which is why I wouldn't want Suarez despite how good a player he is. I can't speak for anyone else though.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #412 on: June 24, 2017, 08:17:28 PM »

But surely if we are dealing with principles of what people have said or represent, ability past, present or future surely becomes irrelevant.

You stand in the moralistic 1% of people who without lying would stand by "no".

Fair play to you.

I must have my grumpy, pessimistic head on today because my first thought on those comments were that ability past, present or future appear to have been irrelevant at Villa Park in recent times.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #413 on: June 24, 2017, 08:18:22 PM »
Also it's a bit like the 8-9 thousand yanited fans at vp in the mid 80s when we was stuffing them all chanting "fergie out fergie out" yet 7-8 years later when they won the prem and few more years later when the won the champions lge not one of them would say they wS there and chanted it.
Bit like the 10,000 villa fans at the hawthorns in the 70s when Regis Cunningham and Batson got pelted with bananas and every villa fan cheered when it happened but I bet not one of you who slag terry off was at the hawthorns that day ? ?

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #414 on: June 24, 2017, 08:19:45 PM »
Or maybe you was ????

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #415 on: June 24, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »
Well yes, which is why I wouldn't want Suarez despite how good a player he is. I can't speak for anyone else though.

Serious question, and it's apparent that you are indignant about these kind of players wearing our beautiful colours, and genuine respect
for that.....here's a scenario. JT esque personality/ background player captains / another striker of similar background scores 20+ goals to gain us promotion - you don't stand there and applaud their goals - you simply stand and refuse to applaud?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 08:22:01 PM by AV5nobs »

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #416 on: June 24, 2017, 08:26:35 PM »
As I mentioned earlier I wouldnt want Suarez at all. My ethical principles would be challenged by the fact that unlike all the others on my list Suarez is a good footballer. But I genuinely couldn't enjoy watching Villa play with him in the team so I wouldn't until he was gone.

Aston Villa players dont have to be angels or even nice people for me to support them, but there is a limit. Some players are simply too much of a scumbag to stomach.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #417 on: June 24, 2017, 08:29:58 PM »
Until it happens who knows. I was delighted when we scored against sha, it didn't change my opinion of Gabby. I don't have a ST so always have the choice of going to a game or not, but if we sign Terry I have little doubt my appearances at VP will be a lot less than normal.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #418 on: June 24, 2017, 08:30:35 PM »
As I mentioned earlier I wouldnt want Suarez at all. My ethical principles would be challenged by the fact that unlike all the others on my list Suarez is a good footballer. But I genuinely couldn't enjoy watching Villa play with him in the team so I wouldn't until he was gone.

Aston Villa players dont have to be angels or even nice people for me to support them, but there is a limit. Some players are simply too much of a scumbag to stomach.

Jesus, you must stay in the house, watch no tv and work with the Red Cross.

If Suarez scored 25 goals and got us back in the premier (with the support from his villa team mates btw) I would name my next child Dracula.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #419 on: June 24, 2017, 08:32:42 PM »
It's just as well we have a solid amount of season ticket holders who have no choice but to attempt to be supportive, regardless of form, weather or bastards playing for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal