collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549748 times)

Offline Mossie Hennebry

Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2017, 03:15:37 PM »
He is a divisive character at a time when we need leaders.

I would file this decision in the same shit bucket that Tony's Tweets come from.

A fucking joke of a football club.

Nose or Stripey?
He's not wrong.  We never fucking learn and this repeated process has destroyed us as a remotely competitive football club.

Terry hasn't signed yet.

He's been offered a contract, therefore it is clear that the behaviour of the club hasn't changed.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »

So to clarify, calling someone a black c***s is bad, saying if you had AIDs you would wank into somebodys mouth in a burns ward is good.

It's not about being good, it's about being racially abusive, which this isn't. You're really struggling with this, aren't you? Something you want to tell us? You seem keen to hear tales of racism from others, why not share yours? Or don't you have the balls?
Of course the quote isn't racially abusive, just morally abusive. What is it that i'm struggling with, calling out people who on one hand are outraged that we might be signing a perceived racist (even through he was found not guilty in a court of law) then have at some point in their lives have made comments or jokes against other races or colours.
I'm afraid to say I haven't got any tales of racism to enthral you with. I've worked with many nationalities and colours down the pit, again many others at Rover and Land Rover and never had any issues.

Drivel.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2017, 03:26:44 PM »

So to clarify, calling someone a black c***s is bad, saying if you had AIDs you would wank into somebodys mouth in a burns ward is good.

It's not about being good, it's about being racially abusive, which this isn't. You're really struggling with this, aren't you? Something you want to tell us? You seem keen to hear tales of racism from others, why not share yours? Or don't you have the balls?
Of course the quote isn't racially abusive, just morally abusive. What is it that i'm struggling with, calling out people who on one hand are outraged that we might be signing a perceived racist (even through he was found not guilty in a court of law) then have at some point in their lives have made comments or jokes against other races or colours.
I'm afraid to say I haven't got any tales of racism to enthral you with. I've worked with many nationalities and colours down the pit, again many others at Rover and Land Rover and never had any issues.

Drivel.
Then you carry on being outraged Oh High and Mightly.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2017, 03:29:48 PM »
I think you mean "mighty".

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2017, 03:30:04 PM »
And you carry on defending him if you want to, it's the whole point of debating on a forum, but without snide comments like that if you want to carry on doing it here.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2017, 03:30:29 PM »
It cannot be argued that what Terry said was abhorrent. Ferdinand should have chinned him. I think this argument is getting daft.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2017, 03:38:06 PM »
Chinned him? Nice progressive way to move forward.  Perfect example for kids too

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2017, 03:39:36 PM »
I don't care, I have debts!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #233 on: June 22, 2017, 03:41:44 PM »
It cannot be argued that what Terry said was abhorrent. Ferdinand should have chinned him. I think this argument is getting daft.

Ferdinand is a twat as well.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #234 on: June 22, 2017, 03:42:23 PM »
He is a divisive character at a time when we need leaders.

I would file this decision in the same shit bucket that Tony's Tweets come from.

A fucking joke of a football club.

Nose or Stripey?
He's not wrong.  We never fucking learn and this repeated process has destroyed us as a remotely competitive football club.

Terry hasn't signed yet.

He's been offered a contract, therefore it is clear that the behaviour of the club hasn't changed.

True, but if he doesn't sign then it's a non-issue surely?  As for a 'repeated process', I'd have to disagree on that as well, as it doesn't seem that we have had any kind of process over the last few years, let alone one that has been repeated.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2017, 03:53:09 PM »
Just had a look and he played 90 minutes 5 times last season in the league, once after September. Plus 90 mins twice in the FAC and once in the LC. That's why I don't buy into him automatically massively improving us, or being the best defender in the division etc, and certainly not now he's another year older. What's it based on, the Terry of x years ago? I'm assuming it isn't based on the Terry of last season?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2017, 03:53:27 PM »

Ferdinand is a twat as well.

Quite possibly, but I'm not sure what he's done wrong in the case of the Terry accusations.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »
Chinned him? Nice progressive way to move forward.  Perfect example for kids too

Unfortunately came across a couple of similar incidents when I used to play, though thankfully never from lads on my own team.  On each occasion, the person who came out with it played on team alongside black players, which is something I really couldn't understand.  One occasion involved a black player abusing a mixed race lad, calling him a "diluted n****r" which was a bit bizarre.   

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2017, 04:03:52 PM »
I hope this is fake news. #Sad

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2017, 04:08:23 PM »
Who knew that a black man would be found as an example of someone acting in a racist way?!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal