collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549799 times)

Offline cannock villa

Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2017, 01:36:32 PM »
Well, 'How many on here calling him all the name's under the sun can say with hand on heart they have never make a comment about the colour of somebodies skin colour or race' seems to be a clue.
So you have never told an English man, Irish man and Scots man joke or as a kid held the corner of your eyes up and  spoke in an Chinese accent ?

Your first example isn't the same, your second example is weird, and you're missing the point - John Terry shouted racial abuse *at* a player. That's a bit different to a bad taste joke in private, don't you think?
Different yes but they are still examples of racial undertones which most people have been guilty of. And you didn't answer the question of whether you have said any of these in the past.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2017, 01:37:36 PM »

Two odious c***s don't make a right.

And returning your season ticket, oh get a grip.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2017, 01:37:40 PM »
Could someone list relevant email addresses for those of us not on Twitter?

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2017, 01:37:49 PM »
To be honest I don't remember if I did anything like that as a kid, but I hope I didn't have that unbelievably lame a sense of humour.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2017, 01:38:36 PM »
Well, 'How many on here calling him all the name's under the sun can say with hand on heart they have never make a comment about the colour of somebodies skin colour or race' seems to be a clue.
So you have never told an English man, Irish man and Scots man joke or as a kid held the corner of your eyes up and  spoke in an Chinese accent ?

Your first example isn't the same, your second example is weird, and you're missing the point - John Terry shouted racial abuse *at* a player. That's a bit different to a bad taste joke in private, don't you think?
Different yes but they are still examples of racial undertones which most people have been guilty of. And you didn't answer the question of whether you have said any of these in the past.

Simple question, is it acceptable to call a black person a "fucking black ******"?

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2017, 01:41:04 PM »
This would really put me off going to Villa Park next season.

Do we not have any kind of principles or ethics?

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2017, 01:45:45 PM »

Simple question, is it acceptable to call a black person a "fucking black c***"?
No its not and I never have. Unlike Monty, have you the balls to any my question ?

Online German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2017, 01:48:02 PM »
I'm wouldn't dream of defending Terry. He's an odious, racist piece of shit, but it strikes me you can't pick and choose: Ron Atkinson called Desailly worse in my opinion and yet there are still regular threads dedicated to him on here.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2017, 01:48:48 PM »
You daft racist.  Monty has answered it.  Keep digging though.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »
I've probably made jokes about Englishmen, Scotsmen and Irishmen and may have done the not very hilarious "slanty eyes" impression as a child, when I didn't know better. I haven't as an adult.

Not sure of the relevance though.

As an adult, had John Terry done the things you mentioned it would still be fairly pathetic, but not as bad as what he did.

What he did was call a black fellow professional "a fucking black ******".

So you either think that's acceptable, or you don't. If it's the latter, surely you wouldn't want us associated with someone who behaved in such a manner?

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2017, 01:51:17 PM »

So to clarify, calling someone a black c***s is bad, saying if you had AIDs you would wank into somebodys mouth in a burns ward is good.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2017, 01:53:05 PM »
Fucking Hell.

Congratulations on winning Whataboutery of the Year Award.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2017, 01:53:54 PM »
You daft racist.  Monty has answered it.  Keep digging though.
You answer the question then my friend

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2017, 01:57:13 PM »
I'm wouldn't dream of defending Terry. He's an odious, racist piece of shit, but it strikes me you can't pick and choose: Ron Atkinson called Desailly worse in my opinion and yet there are still regular threads dedicated to him on here.

There's a bit of a difference though, aside from the age gap. 

Ron lost his lucrative TV job and couldn't realistically be considered for any high profile job at a football club again after his foot in mouth incident.  We can look back at his time managing us with great affection, the idiocy of what he did in 2004 doesn't lesson those achievements.

He still couldn't be considered for a serious role at our club or any similar one, the shitstorm would just be too much.

Terry's employment continued for Chelsea (well he's no different to a fair portion of their fans, so why sack him?) and now we are looking to throw more money his way even after his very public phuck up.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2017, 01:58:52 PM »

Two odious c***s don't make a right.

And returning your season ticket, oh get a grip.

I fully appreciate and understand the position of holding your nose and getting behind him and the team. I just feel like it would cross a line to a place that I cannot support. You have said yourself that he's an odious c**t, even if you don't feel the same, surely you can understand why people wouldn't want to watch him play and support a club that employs him?

To support and contribute to the wages of that man would make me an almighty hypocrite, and I'm not willing to do that. Even for Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal