collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2017/18  (Read 726491 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Other Games - 2017/18
« Reply #4755 on: March 04, 2018, 11:53:13 PM »
Arsenal’s problems go back to David Dein leaving, since then there has been no leadership of the executive and no bridge between the Board and the Club.
Wenger has tried to fill this gap and is not up to it.
The problem is at Board level and to this extent I feel a certain amount of sympathy for Wenger.
He believes that he has needed to stay to keep the club moving forward, don’t expect any of the sense of entitlement fuelled twats to even contemplate this any time soon though.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4756 on: March 05, 2018, 12:55:45 AM »
For some reason it does just make me sad when I see Arsenal and Wenger like this. I just remember how breathtaking they were to watch in their invincibles era and it just grieves me to see them looking so ordinary and half arsed.
So in that sense I can understand why their fans are pissed off. I just think that given what Wenger has delivered they could try to show a bit more grace about it though.

Reckon it's Wenger that could do with showing a bit of grace and depart the stage before being pushed. He has been stealing a living for years and has left them back where he picked up from Bruce Rioch!

They should have moved him on a few years ago when it was becoming apparent that his stubbornness was really beginning to impact on them.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #4757 on: March 05, 2018, 01:17:50 AM »
For some reason it does just make me sad when I see Arsenal and Wenger like this. I just remember how breathtaking they were to watch in their invincibles era and it just grieves me to see them looking so ordinary and half arsed.
So in that sense I can understand why their fans are pissed off. I just think that given what Wenger has delivered they could try to show a bit more grace about it though.

Reckon it's Wenger that could do with showing a bit of grace and depart the stage before being pushed. He has been stealing a living for years and has left them back where he picked up from Bruce Rioch!

You have to respect Wenger for his early achievements and some of the football his teams have played.

However, the situation is now, that you have an employee dictating to his employers how long he is going to stay for. Farcical.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 01:31:10 AM by taylorsworkrate »

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #4758 on: March 05, 2018, 06:02:01 AM »

You have to respect Wenger for his early achievements and some of the football his teams have played.

However, the situation is now, that you have an employee dictating to his employers how long he is going to stay for. Farcical.

They could've fucked him off at the end of last season, but they bottled it (or maybe they didn't plan for it properly), that's their problem.

Arsene's clearly lost it, but they'd be half as big as they are if it weren't for him (outside of a sugar daddy scenario, obviously).

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4759 on: March 05, 2018, 07:08:00 AM »
Money Citeh attempted 975 passes and completed 902, staggering.

A high percentage of which went about 5 yards

Look at this, absolute disgrace. Conte should be banned, the twat.

https://mobile.twitter.com/virgiloholic/status/970409849501765634

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4760 on: March 05, 2018, 09:10:46 AM »

Mind you, that thing Man City do (as seen in that clip) where a player is not allowed to keep the ball to himself for more than a nanosecond if he's just stood there and there's a colleague he can pass the ball back and forth with aimlessly 15 times is fucking annoying as well.

It's like when you play someone really good at Fifa and they start taking the piss.

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #4761 on: March 05, 2018, 10:51:24 AM »
I could never tire of watching Messi, easily the greatest player I’ve ever seen.
Seconded.  Read the other day the Barcelona set up as 4-4- Messi goes wherever he likes-Suarez.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4762 on: March 05, 2018, 11:23:36 AM »
Probably the second best player in my lifetime. I'd have Eirik Bakke just ahead.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #4763 on: March 05, 2018, 02:01:41 PM »
I heard a stat on talk shite today where Willian had something like 4 touches in the game and Grudogan(sp) had something like 170

I remember Barcelona with the trio of Ineista / Messi / Xavi that as great as they were they passed everyone to death and in the end I got a little bored of it to be honest as it became pass it for passing sake

Give me Pulisball any day   ;D

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4764 on: March 05, 2018, 02:10:35 PM »

Mind you, that thing Man City do (as seen in that clip) where a player is not allowed to keep the ball to himself for more than a nanosecond if he's just stood there and there's a colleague he can pass the ball back and forth with aimlessly 15 times is fucking annoying as well.

It's like when you play someone really good at Fifa and they start taking the piss.

Not that I make a habit of watching Man City but for the first time ever I was bored to fucking tears watching them. Now a big part was Chelsea going there to defend and not allowing space. But a lot was just as you say, mind numbing passing back and forth without any desire to go forward. They are brilliant when given a little bit of space, but when you don’t have Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar etc etc, it can be miserable to watch despite what Man City has spent on players.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4765 on: March 05, 2018, 02:57:40 PM »
Messi is alright but he's not as good as Brett Holman.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #4766 on: March 05, 2018, 03:04:40 PM »
Messi is alright but he's not as good as Brett Holman.

There's a classic; "really? HE played for Villa?"

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4767 on: March 05, 2018, 03:34:41 PM »
Although not in the same class as the Barcelona players mentioned, De Bruyne, Silva, Sane, Aguero are all great players to watch. Man City, Spurs and Liverpool are the only Premier League teams that are entertaining to watch.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4768 on: March 05, 2018, 03:48:07 PM »
Although not in the same class as the Barcelona players mentioned, De Bruyne, Silva, Sane, Aguero are all great players to watch. Man City, Spurs and Liverpool are the only Premier League teams that are entertaining to watch.

Its why pro rata Man United are the worst team in the league. By a mile.

The GDP of half the globe spent on players and they play the worst kind of anti-football, the tedious, boring, shite.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4769 on: March 05, 2018, 04:53:03 PM »

The GDP of half the globe spent on players and they play the worst kind of anti-football, the tedious, boring, shite.

that might be true but I bet I still hate Man Utd more than you

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal