collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: MOTD by LeeB
[Today at 01:56:14 PM]

Re: VAR by LeeB
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: MOTD by The Edge
[Today at 01:51:57 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 01:46:02 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ChicagoLion
[Today at 01:44:19 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Smirker
[Today at 01:42:44 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by paul_e
[Today at 01:40:51 PM]

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 01:40:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Birmingham City - Pre Match Thread  (Read 33166 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Aston Villa v Birmingham City - Pre Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2017, 11:45:16 AM »
There's no bigger worrier than me when it comes to watching the Villa, however even I'm not on edge for this one.  Not because I don't think we'll win (I do as it happens), however let's be honest, what's the worst that can happen?  They win, and stay up.  Big deal. It's not as if it's the other way round, or the winner gets promoted/wins a trophy.  Yes they'll dance about and be delirious, but when the dust settles, they'll realise that they'll most probably be in the same situation next season, whereas we have bigger fish to fry than worry about them.  Have faith, people.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2017, 11:52:49 AM »
Why are people saying they would take a draw? It's Small Heath at home for feck sake. The way some are going on on here and Twitter you'd think we were playing Real Madrid or that Small Heath had just appointed Simeone not the crook Hound Dog Harry. Grow some balls, let's smash them on the pitch and let them hear what a full house sounds like.

I don't think anyone is pretending Blues are good, more that we aren't much kop right now. We do have a good recent home record but I'm not sure how convincing some of those wins were, as contradictory as that might sound. I really hope we turn up and demolish them though.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2017, 11:56:58 AM »
I must confess that my hope of us handing out a significant relegation death-blow to those barstewards have dwindled recently, but surely our hapless bunch will have enough to get a point from this hate-fest? Won't they??  :o

So it's an optimistic 1-1 for me.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2017, 12:57:06 PM »
I had that debate with one in a pub in Kings Norton watching Villa. He said he wasn't at the game because he was prioritising his kids. When I pointed out that he wasn't with his kids he was in the pub, he went into full offended father mode like I was saying his children weren't important to him and insulting his kids!

Ha,ha, good man
Anne-Marie is very ladylike, I'll have you know!

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2017, 12:58:23 PM »
My hope is that this massively underperforming bunch of players step up after what has been an unbelievably disappointing season and give this lot a sound thrashing

My expectation is that we'll fail to turn up, give away a stupid goal via a back pass or something similar and create zilch losing 0-1

Prove me wrong! Please! 

Online Three Spires Villa

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2017, 01:13:55 PM »
I had that debate with one in a pub in Kings Norton watching Villa. He said he wasn't at the game because he was prioritising his kids. When I pointed out that he wasn't with his kids he was in the pub, he went into full offended father mode like I was saying his children weren't important to him and insulting his kids!

Ha,ha, good man
Opps, sorry

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »
I see nothing other than a tedious drab affair with them coming for a point and us not having the where with all to break them down.

0-0

If there is to be a winner its going to come from a defensive error or a set piece. Unfortunately I can't call which way that would be:( which I find absolutely unbelievable given the shit we are playing against

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2017, 02:38:31 PM »

Ha,ha, good man
Opps, sorry

Well sometimes I am.

Online VancouverLion

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2017, 04:27:02 PM »
Why are people saying they would take a draw? It's Small Heath at home for feck sake. The way some are going on on here and Twitter you'd think we were playing Real Madrid or that Small Heath had just appointed Simeone not the crook Hound Dog Harry. Grow some balls, let's smash them on the pitch and let them hear what a full house sounds like.
F***in right!!!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2017, 04:29:19 PM »
Apparently kn-bhead Troy Deeney has said that one day he'd like to play for scum against Villa. How soon is he planning this bearing in mind he's apparently buying a house locally? He'd be better off keeping his trap shut and focussing on his commitment to Watford.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2017, 04:43:03 PM »
Apparently kn-bhead Troy Deeney has said that one day he'd like to play for scum against Villa.

Of course he does. He's not good enough to play for us, so he has to settle for the second best honour in football.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2017, 04:51:49 PM »
Hasn't taken Rednob long to start mouthing off about us again.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:57:25 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2017, 04:53:05 PM »
Deeney is a mutant, flat face with eyes on the side of his head. His parents must have been a Horse and a Frying Pan. He can fuck off and take his brain cell with him. Bruce better get those bastards up for a right old fight Sunday, I'm foaming at the mouth already.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2017, 05:02:35 PM »
Apparently kn-bhead Troy Deeney has said that one day he'd like to play for scum against Villa. How soon is he planning this bearing in mind he's apparently buying a house locally? He'd be better off keeping his trap shut and focussing on his commitment to Watford.

I had the 'pleasure' of hearing said Knob 'ead on Talkshite earlier today. He said he was going on Sunday, so I'm sure we can give him the sort of reception his attendance richly deserves.

Online TaxDodger

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2017, 05:21:12 PM »

I had the 'pleasure' of hearing said Knob 'ead on Talkshite earlier today. He said he was going on Sunday, so I'm sure we can give him the sort of reception his attendance richly deserves.

I think completely ignoring a player as insignificant as Troy Deeney would work better. Being on the receiving end of abuse from Villa fans seems to make the recipient worthy of hero status among Blues fans.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal