collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Birmingham City - Pre Match Thread  (Read 33160 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Aston Villa v Birmingham City - Pre Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2017, 01:17:56 AM »
There are no flys on Arry, and if there were they would be paying rent as we used to say in South Fermanagh.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2017, 05:19:25 AM »
Beat them anyhow anyway, do it Bruce or do one.

Online Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2017, 07:40:57 AM »
I think everyone would take a draw now to be honest.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2017, 08:25:23 AM »
Match these bastards for effort, and we'll win 3-1.

We'll also need to match them in preparation, organisation, concentration, vigilance, desire and a sheer bloody-minded will to win. It would appear those qualities have deserted us in recent games. Our stars' egos cannot now be massaged by the prospect of the playoffs, yet the knuckledraggers are fighting for their lives. They need something from the game. Our generosity is legendary. I've seen this recipe before and it usually tastes like shite.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2017, 08:28:47 AM »

I wouldn't! We've won 5 out of our last 6 at home, with clean sheets in all those wins, and are playing against an inferior squad who are 9 without a win. We should be expecting nothing less than a win!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2017, 08:31:54 AM »
I'd like to think we could roll scum over with ease, but at the moment I can only see us drawing at best, especially without JK. I certainly don't want to see the likes of Richards (who I feel has a hint of bluenose about him), bacuna or Gabby in the match day squad because I think this game is too big for their sh-t. Gardener could struggle also up against his brother. I don't go along with the thought that rednapp will motivate them any more than zola would have done for a derby match. What he may welll bring is dirty, niggling/cheating tactics that Bruce and the Villa team will need to be prepared for. Come on Villa, do us proud!!

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2017, 08:57:27 AM »
Match these bastards for effort, and we'll win 3-1.

We'll also need to match them in preparation, organisation, concentration, vigilance, desire and a sheer bloody-minded will to win. It would appear those qualities have deserted us in recent games. Our stars' egos cannot now be massaged by the prospect of the playoffs, yet the knuckledraggers are fighting for their lives. They need something from the game. Our generosity is legendary. I've seen this recipe before and it usually tastes like shite.

All of those virtues you list deserted them to a greater degree and over a longer period, two wins in 24 games. They have a new manager but the same group of players and if they are currently 'fighting for their lives' I would love to see what they do when they're not.

Offline john2710

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »
I thought we were playing a side who have only won 2 out of the last 23 games not one that were on the verge of promotion. We need to go straight at them from the kick off, they are as brittle as fuck & as bad as we were 12 months ago. 

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2017, 09:20:42 AM »
This is Villa, remember. Never underestimate our genius for gifting the needy.

Online Three Spires Villa

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2017, 09:22:21 AM »
I always get nervous when we play that lot, hate the games and hate the way they make me feel about them. Watching the Fulham game in a pub with my 80 year old father and blues fans cheering and giving it the big one. My Dad said to one of them, do you support Fulham, he grunted no, but i do today, my Dad asked him why he wasn't in Bordsley Green, plenty of empty seats for him to sit in. Well done Dad!

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2017, 10:04:01 AM »
I had that debate with one in a pub in Kings Norton watching Villa. He said he wasn't at the game because he was prioritising his kids. When I pointed out that he wasn't with his kids he was in the pub, he went into full offended father mode like I was saying his children weren't important to him and insulting his kids!

Online Three Spires Villa

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2017, 10:14:42 AM »
I had that debate with one in a pub in Kings Norton watching Villa. He said he wasn't at the game because he was prioritising his kids. When I pointed out that he wasn't with his kids he was in the pub, he went into full offended father mode like I was saying his children weren't important to him and insulting his kids!

Ha,ha, good man

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2017, 10:42:54 AM »

No chance. We're at home to a team who just got beat at home to Burton Albion and who are 20th in the Championship. They're really, really, really bad at football. I realise we're not exactly Barcelona, but drawing at home to this shower would be a piss poor result.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »
I feel physically sick.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2017, 11:37:54 AM »
Why are people saying they would take a draw? It's Small Heath at home for feck sake. The way some are going on on here and Twitter you'd think we were playing Real Madrid or that Small Heath had just appointed Simeone not the crook Hound Dog Harry. Grow some balls, let's smash them on the pitch and let them hear what a full house sounds like.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal