collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2137577 times)

Offline pbavfckuwait

Re: Bruce out!!1@"*!1£$%
« Reply #19995 on: September 24, 2018, 11:25:37 AM »
Time will be his downfall, he has had plenty of opportunity to adapt and change his approach, as myself and a few others on here have stated for a long time that is never gonna happen and his mates in the press corp are slowly but surely waking up, home support and the press will get him out.
As to his type of management and to me a worrying sign from our new owners if correct that we are paying all of Yannick's wages and that has left us in a position where a centre half, much more required than a winger, also a winger that we are nearly in October and has not started a full game?????, we have missed out on. Squad planning of the highest level (not).
He again has to some extent been the kid in the sweet shop as to his transfer policies, just a little less wedge on the hip to do his ongoing damage, a worry but for no reason a reason to keep him, we will have to be quite patient with our next appointment as he is inheriting a quality squad over loaded in certain positions, but not a balanced squad by any means.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014

Offline Diablo

« Reply #19997 on: September 24, 2018, 12:31:51 PM »
Percy in the Telegraph reckons Purslow wants stability and doesn't have an appetite to get rid. If true, Purslow starts out as a spineless wibbler.
Any nice person on here able to copy and paste the article? I was going to do it but I can't seem to find (not sure if it's a subscription article or if it's just user error on my part?)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #19998 on: September 24, 2018, 01:08:03 PM »
Biggest indictment of Bruce is the clear lack of direction in the squad. There’s just no sense of a plan, and this translates to a real lack of leadership on the pitch.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #19999 on: September 24, 2018, 01:08:18 PM »
Jack Grealish on course to sign new deal with Aston Villa this week
John Percy

23 SEPTEMBER 2018 • 7:44PM

Jack Grealish is set to sign a new contract with Aston Villa this week, as the pressure builds on manager Steve Bruce.

Grealish is close to agreeing an improved deal which will more than double his current £20,000 a week salary and official confirmation is expected in the next few days.

Tottenham Hotspur failed in their pursuit of the 23-year-old in the summer transfer window, proposing an offer of £25million, but Villa's new owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens were adamant he was not for sale.

Christian Purslow, the club's new chief executive, has made Grealish's future his priority and Villa are confident of putting the finishing touches to the contract this week.

Grealish's current deal did run out at the end of next season but the new terms are a reward for his emergence as one of the best players outside the Premier League. Gareth Southgate’s No 2 with England, Steve Holland, watched Grealish in Villa’s win over Rotherham on Tuesday.

With Villa likely to face punishment from the EFL over their finances next year, the prospect of Grealish being sold before next season remains a possibility if the club fails to win promotion. However, it is thought unlikely that Villa will accept any offers for the former England under-21 international in the January transfer window.

Bruce's future is again under scrutinyafter the defeat to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, with the majority of fans demanding a change.

Though there is no appetite in the boardroom to dismiss Bruce at this stage - with Purslow keen to maintain stability - the Villa manager has accepted that poor results will ultimately leave the club with no choice.

The defeat to Wednesday leaves Villa 13th in the Championship table with a trip to Bristol City on Friday night.

Bruce said: "That’s for others to decide [if I get time]. All I can do is get on with it and try and work as hard as I can to get a settled team.

"There’s some who will never accept me here, but that’s part and parcel of management.

“They’re disappointed, but so am I. Of course I’m just as disappointed.

“We’ll go to work again on Monday and I still believe that the team we have will be a threat in this division.

“We all look for time. That’s the magic word. No matter how you dress it up, it’s still a new team and people have only been here for a few weeks. When they settle in, they’ll be fine.”

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #20000 on: September 24, 2018, 01:09:57 PM »
reminder of exactly how magical football could be (ref McGinns strike), were it not having the life squeezed out of it by a man with no ideas and no plan.

It's not just joy Steve Bruce is robbing Aston Villa supporters of, it's the very hope of further joy to come

2 lines that sum it up perfectly

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #20001 on: September 24, 2018, 01:21:13 PM »

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #20002 on: September 24, 2018, 01:27:39 PM »

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #20003 on: September 24, 2018, 01:46:51 PM »

Offline Diablo

« Reply #20004 on: September 24, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »
Thanks for the copy of the Telegraph article Drummond - much appreciated :-)

Offline Badsastard

« Reply #20005 on: September 24, 2018, 01:52:57 PM »
Bruce's problem is arrogance. He never seems to look to improve, think how he could have done something different, look to learn new things, just has ignorant blind faith that he's a good manager and everybody else is wrong.

As he doesn't get involved in training and obviously wasn't researching any potential threats from Sheffield Wednesday in preparation for Saturday's game you have to wonder what on earth he is doing all week.

He's clearly not up to the Villa job, get rid and soon please.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20006 on: September 24, 2018, 02:03:12 PM »
Bruce's problem is arrogance. He never seems to look to improve, think how he could have done something different, look to learn new things, just has ignorant blind faith that he's a good manager and everybody else is wrong.

He just believe's he's the best man for the job, all managers do. He's not going to say anything different when he's fighting for  his job. To me it's not much different to Mourihno taking the piss out of Man Utd fans when he said he hasn't spent enough money. Wenger was stubborn as well towards the end. They all are when their backs are against the wall.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #20007 on: September 24, 2018, 02:04:15 PM »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #20009 on: September 24, 2018, 02:06:28 PM »
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/john-mcginn-scored-the-goal-of-the-season-and-it-still-wasnt-enough-for-aston-villa-200890

good write up

how most of us see it

Don't know who the journalist is, but he's absolutely nailed it there.

KYLE PICKNELL gets it
He gets it all right.
Succinct
Please read.

Yep, that's spot on, I've always tried (tried being important, I know I've failed a few times with people on here and elsewhere) to understand people who were backing him, I get that the results have been ok in the main and that winning a few games feels good after years of circling the drain but I always felt we were just creating new problems and kicking it down the road. It's good to see some people in the press start to notice and more fans seeing the same patterns, excuses and lies that I expected and could see within months of him joining.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal