collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2135211 times)

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #14805 on: June 21, 2018, 11:15:20 PM »
Give the bloke a break. Both his parents passed away within months of each other and he is on holiday. Maybe the this and stress of them being ill had impact on him managing the team, who know. He could have walked away but kept going through it all.

And pocketed £3 million for doing it. He wasn't doing it as a favour.

The first part I'd have to agree with, he's very much entitled to a break. Not like there's much he can do anyway at the moment. Players are away, not going to be much in the way of incoming transfers to deal with.

Not just about money. Trying to do ypur day job when both parents are ill then pass away....
Without wanting to appear completely heartless. Big fucking deal.
I have 2 points to make about this ‘parent’ stufff.

1. People with deal with bad shit every day in their lives.there is nothing special about Bruce’s circumstances. I am sure there are many people on here who have their own stories to tell.
2. He has never used it as an excuse for failure, so why the fuck are others making it for him?

Oh and Andy, one more thing. There's a section on this forum called 'Holte Enders in The Sky' where people post about lost loved ones or as you put it 'parent stuff'. Go on there and type 'big fucking deal' and see how far it gets you, I dare you.

Like he said, Bruce hasn't even mentioned it.

Not everybody is so self indulgent, adults get on with it - when your father/mother dies, it's better to hold your family together.  It's life.

As for the football, fuck him. Shite football (which is acceptable, if successful)
He failed and the repercussion is the sale of our best local player for 30 years and any other saleable player - which appears to be none of his gash signings.

Fuck him. Fuck his potato head.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:17:50 PM by TheMalandro »

Offline 260475

« Reply #14806 on: June 21, 2018, 11:49:24 PM »
Hey mate, I know all the 'F&C' words too, but I haven't read anything so offensive in ages. Go and do something else.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #14807 on: June 21, 2018, 11:57:13 PM »
Give the bloke a break. Both his parents passed away within months of each other and he is on holiday. Maybe the this and stress of them being ill had impact on him managing the team, who know. He could have walked away but kept going through it all.

And pocketed £3 million for doing it. He wasn't doing it as a favour.

The first part I'd have to agree with, he's very much entitled to a break. Not like there's much he can do anyway at the moment. Players are away, not going to be much in the way of incoming transfers to deal with.

Not just about money. Trying to do ypur day job when both parents are ill then pass away....
Without wanting to appear completely heartless. Big fucking deal.
I have 2 points to make about this ‘parent’ stufff.

1. People with deal with bad shit every day in their lives.there is nothing special about Bruce’s circumstances. I am sure there are many people on here who have their own stories to tell.
2. He has never used it as an excuse for failure, so why the fuck are others making it for him?

Oh and Andy, one more thing. There's a section on this forum called 'Holte Enders in The Sky' where people post about lost loved ones or as you put it 'parent stuff'. Go on there and type 'big fucking deal' and see how far it gets you, I dare you.

Like he said, Bruce hasn't even mentioned it.

Not everybody is so self indulgent, adults get on with it - when your father/mother dies, it's better to hold your family together.  It's life.

As for the football, fuck him. Shite football (which is acceptable, if successful)
He failed and the repercussion is the sale of our best local player for 30 years and any other saleable player - which appears to be none of his gash signings.

Fuck him. Fuck his potato head.

Take the rest of the night off.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #14808 on: June 22, 2018, 12:05:50 AM »
Let's Please try to keep a sense of perspective . It's football - a game and we are talking about Steve Bruce , not Bashar-Al-Assad. He is a human being , with feelings and is by all accounts a decent person to boot. I know a lot of us disagree with what he's done with the team (me included) and by all means let's debate that , but it doesn't need to descend into vitriolic, nasty abuse. We're better than that, surely ?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #14809 on: June 22, 2018, 12:12:55 AM »
For the record, I'd rather go for a pint with Steve Bruce than MON, McLeish, Houlier, Lambert, Sherwood, Remi Garde. Brian Little or John Gregory - it would have to be a session.

MON or Lambert? That's one tough call.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #14810 on: June 22, 2018, 01:00:58 AM »
I tend to read a lot and post very little but some of the personal abuse towards Steve Bruce is bang out of order here.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #14811 on: June 22, 2018, 06:31:06 AM »
I apologise for including the word fuck.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #14812 on: June 22, 2018, 09:02:49 AM »
I’m surprised that there are many looking for Xia to leave now his issues are becoming more public and it seems he can’t provide what’s required yet Bruce has failed twice to provide what was required yet gets another chance?

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #14813 on: June 22, 2018, 09:26:41 AM »
I wonder if Bruce continues on his massive contract or gets it reduced due to failing his one defining KPI.

I also think its a shame that if he is staying, the owner/club haven't issued a statement to say so. That doesnt have to be a direct answer to speculation but would be nice either way. A radio interview with Bruce where he says hes spoken to the owner to discuss plans for next season or a tweet from Tony/Taylor/Ho to say looking forward to meeting with Steve to discuss next season.

That would kill speculation and get most of the 'on the fence' fans behind him. In the last 2 days ive heard interviews with the Ipswich manager, Frank Lampard and even seen tweets from Gary Monk but nothing from us at all. Its time they got this dealt with.

Leads me to believe there is still a massive amount to be decided behind the scenes

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #14814 on: June 22, 2018, 09:29:19 AM »
Or people are still on holiday, or scouting at the World Cup. He's our manager, the only people speculating on his future are a few fans on social media.

That applies whether you want him out or not. I'd say the owner probably has some bigger fish to fry in any event, having suspended the CEO prior to him leaving.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #14815 on: June 22, 2018, 09:39:48 AM »
For the record, I'd rather go for a pint with Steve Bruce than MON, McLeish, Houlier, Lambert, Sherwood, Remi Garde. Brian Little or John Gregory - it would have to be a session.

MON or Lambert? That's one tough call.

I'd rather try and force myself inside a pint glass than drink with either.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14816 on: June 22, 2018, 09:49:51 AM »
Derby and Ipswich both have new manager's which is probably why they have done interviews.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #14817 on: June 22, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »
If Bruce isn't responsible for anything why is he being paid so much money to manage the club?

Doesn't this go for the players as well ? EVERYBODY is culpable for success and mistakes. That is the whole point

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #14818 on: June 22, 2018, 10:47:56 AM »
There weren't 3 better sides. There were 3 better managers.

Interesting point CCR

Could you tell me which if our players would've gotten into the Wolves and Fulham sides and who they would've replaced ?

and Cardiff's as well of course

I can't think of many personally

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #14819 on: June 22, 2018, 10:48:29 AM »
Let's Please try to keep a sense of perspective . It's football - a game and we are talking about Steve Bruce , not Bashar-Al-Assad. He is a human being , with feelings and is by all accounts a decent person to boot. I know a lot of us disagree with what he's done with the team (me included) and by all means let's debate that , but it doesn't need to descend into vitriolic, nasty abuse. We're better than that, surely ?

Well said.
No, he has not mentioned it, but he wouldn’t. When we scored vs SHA it was written all over his face. It is inconceivable that losing both parents could impact your job?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 10:50:49 AM by DB »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal