collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2135231 times)

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #14790 on: June 21, 2018, 03:04:31 PM »
Give the bloke a break. Both his parents passed away within months of each other and he is on holiday. Maybe the this and stress of them being ill had impact on him managing the team, who know. He could have walked away but kept going through it all.

And pocketed £3 million for doing it. He wasn't doing it as a favour.

The first part I'd have to agree with, he's very much entitled to a break. Not like there's much he can do anyway at the moment. Players are away, not going to be much in the way of incoming transfers to deal with.

Not just about money. Trying to do ypur day job when both parents are ill then pass away....
Without wanting to appear completely heartless. Big fucking deal.
I have 2 points to make about this ‘parent’ stufff.

1. People with deal with bad shit every day in their lives.there is nothing special about Bruce’s circumstances. I am sure there are many people on here who have their own stories to tell.
2. He has never used it as an excuse for failure, so why the fuck are others making it for him?

Oh and Andy, one more thing. There's a section on this forum called 'Holte Enders in The Sky' where people post about lost loved ones or as you put it 'parent stuff'. Go on there and type 'big fucking deal' and see how far it gets you, I dare you.

Edited to prevent a ban
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:08:47 PM by andyh »

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #14791 on: June 21, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »
Moving on, I'd imagine Bruce is planning to be behind his desk next Monday.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #14792 on: June 21, 2018, 03:17:28 PM »
I don’t think there has been a time when Bruce looked up to the challenge, we hit second place for a few days, that was it.

the same goes for the players then i assume ? seeing as they were the ones that went out at Wembley and bottled it

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #14793 on: June 21, 2018, 03:21:14 PM »
I don’t think there has been a time when Bruce looked up to the challenge, we hit second place for a few days, that was it.

the same goes for the players then i assume ? seeing as they were the ones that went out at Wembley and bottled it
Shit tactics and preparation.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14794 on: June 21, 2018, 03:21:55 PM »
Moving on, I'd imagine Bruce is planning to be behind his desk next Monday.

The players are back for pre-season soon so that sounds about right. He's got a lot of work to do.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #14795 on: June 21, 2018, 03:23:27 PM »

Might have known it wouldn't be the players fault. Just like it wouldn't have been Bruce's doing if we'd won.

Same old shit.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #14796 on: June 21, 2018, 03:24:46 PM »
Is that you, Alex?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #14797 on: June 21, 2018, 03:53:14 PM »

Might have known it wouldn't be the players fault. Just like it wouldn't have been Bruce's doing if we'd won.

Same old shit.

If Bruce isn't responsible for anything why is he being paid so much money to manage the club?

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #14798 on: June 21, 2018, 03:58:26 PM »
Give the bloke a break. Both his parents passed away within months of each other and he is on holiday. Maybe the this and stress of them being ill had impact on him managing the team, who know. He could have walked away but kept going through it all.

And pocketed £3 million for doing it. He wasn't doing it as a favour.

The first part I'd have to agree with, he's very much entitled to a break. Not like there's much he can do anyway at the moment. Players are away, not going to be much in the way of incoming transfers to deal with.

Not just about money. Trying to do ypur day job when both parents are ill then pass away....
Without wanting to appear completely heartless. Big fucking deal.
I have 2 points to make about this ‘parent’ stufff.

1. People with deal with bad shit every day in their lives.there is nothing special about Bruce’s circumstances. I am sure there are many people on here who have their own stories to tell.
2. He has never used it as an excuse for failure, so why the fuck are others making it for him?

Oh and Andy, one more thing. There's a section on this forum called 'Holte Enders in The Sky' where people post about lost loved ones or as you put it 'parent stuff'. Go on there and type 'big fucking deal' and see how far it gets you, I dare you.

Edited to prevent a ban

Yeah, big fuckin’ deal. No where near as important as losing out on promotion.
I wasn’t using it as an excuse, but something to consider.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #14799 on: June 21, 2018, 04:27:32 PM »

Same old shit.

If Bruce isn't responsible for anything why is he being paid so much money to manage the club?

And if it's all his fault why were/are there people being paid far more than him?

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #14800 on: June 21, 2018, 04:33:36 PM »
He failed over 18 months not just one game.

He said he'd get us there or thereabouts ... and he did.

There were three better sides than us last season.

It's not a crime.

There weren't 3 better sides. There were 3 better managers.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #14801 on: June 21, 2018, 05:38:27 PM »

Same old shit.

I can't get my head around why you seem so determined to defend Bruce on every single charge. Surely you must accept he has made some errors?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #14802 on: June 21, 2018, 07:34:31 PM »

Same old shit.

And if it's all his fault why were/are there people being paid far more than him?

Who said it was all his fault? I mentioned responsibility not blame. If any team, in any business, is failing to meet targets and the manager has had time and support to fix it then they have to accept they haven't done their job to the standard required. It's a core part of the job and what the manager is paid for. How much other people earn doesn't change that.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #14803 on: June 21, 2018, 07:54:16 PM »
Can't see the argument myself he spent the most money had apparently the best squad at his disposal and he failed. If the players didn't perform that was down to him too that's part of management getting players up for the task.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #14804 on: June 21, 2018, 08:55:32 PM »
Being ‘there or thereabouts’ doesn’t pay the tax bill.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal