collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Clampy
[Today at 07:39:53 AM]

NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 07:36:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2134919 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)
« Reply #21495 on: October 08, 2018, 10:29:27 AM »
There were a couple of cabbages being chucked around in the Southwark Tavern before kick off on Saturday, which was mildly amusing.  Must’ve cost an arm and a leg from Borough Market opposite. That was shortly before the bar staff stopped serving.....

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #21496 on: October 08, 2018, 10:38:48 AM »
Bolasie has scored a couple and has played about 60 minutes of football costing us around half a million quid since joining. Not good value in my book when Albert could play there . Each to their own opinion.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #21497 on: October 08, 2018, 11:30:41 AM »
It's not the fact that Bolasie is a bad signing, it's the fact that the transfer business as a whole was so unbalanced.  For instance, we could have forgone the keeper and one of either El Ghazi or Bolasie, and picked a central defender and a left back.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #21498 on: October 08, 2018, 11:39:47 AM »
Bolasie has scored a couple and has played about 60 minutes of football costing us around half a million quid since joining. Not good value in my book when Albert could play there . Each to their own opinion.

If he hadn't been playing because he was poor, you'd have a point.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #21499 on: October 08, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »
Fuck off Bruce. I’d like to see him fired again

Me too.  From a large cannon. Into space.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21500 on: October 08, 2018, 12:11:28 PM »
Fuck off Bruce. I’d like to see him fired again

Me too.  From a large cannon. Into the sun.

Fixed that for you.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #21501 on: October 08, 2018, 02:28:20 PM »
The Bruce problem was not a complex one.  He was a dullard who surrounded himself with dullards, his colleagues and his media connections.  By doing that his limitations were never properly exposed.  His appetite for spending his clubs' money to bring in random influxes of incorrectly evaluated players was enough to bump and grind teams to be, in his own words, there or thereabouts.  Eventually through laziness and over confidence in his own ability he even lost the ability to use his owners' money to buy performances that would deliver there or thereabouts.  That is the legacy of Steve Bruce.

Two years of profligate spending, players randomly bought, rented or disposed of, players binned off to Australia to achieve a pinnacle of fourth in the Championship and a play off of three games, two against Middlesborough and one against Fulham in which we never looked for one minute that we were going to achieve promotion.

His tenure as Aston Villa manager has been an object lesson in bungling, short sighted stupidity.  The only notable element of which was the number of people he convinced that it was ever acceptable.

Well said Mr Green.

But it so nearly worked. All the shortcomings are as bright as a full moon however

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #21502 on: October 08, 2018, 02:29:44 PM »
I wonder if there's an extra termination payment due to him if he keeps his yap shut?  Was just wondering when we'll hear "wor side of the story" about having the nucleus of a very good side, having to replace 6 players from last season, the Championship being what it is, having four promotions, having four promotions and having promotions that are more than three but less than five.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #21503 on: October 08, 2018, 02:44:21 PM »
The Bruce problem was not a complex one.  He was a dullard who surrounded himself with dullards, his colleagues and his media connections.  By doing that his limitations were never properly exposed.  His appetite for spending his clubs' money to bring in random influxes of incorrectly evaluated players was enough to bump and grind teams to be, in his own words, there or thereabouts.  Eventually through laziness and over confidence in his own ability he even lost the ability to use his owners' money to buy performances that would deliver there or thereabouts.  That is the legacy of Steve Bruce.

Two years of profligate spending, players randomly bought, rented or disposed of, players binned off to Australia to achieve a pinnacle of fourth in the Championship and a play off of three games, two against Middlesborough and one against Fulham in which we never looked for one minute that we were going to achieve promotion.

His tenure as Aston Villa manager has been an object lesson in bungling, short sighted stupidity.  The only notable element of which was the number of people he convinced that it was ever acceptable.

best post ever

spot on for me in every area

And me - nail firmly hit on head

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #21504 on: October 08, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
He should have gone the moment the whistle went at Wembley for the play off final.
Should have been sacked before the play off final for not achieving automatic promotion.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #21505 on: October 08, 2018, 02:57:28 PM »
Yes, surprised the LMA haven't issued a statement declaring deep sadness that one of their long-standing members, who no doubt paid his subs every year in good time, has so callously been removed from his post.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #21506 on: October 08, 2018, 03:31:13 PM »
I’m so angry about the state he’s left the defence in. Any fucking idiot could see how deficient we are there, and any of the moron pundits should be embarrassed to defend him.

oh yes but his media buddies never mention this

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #21507 on: October 08, 2018, 03:38:51 PM »
I do have a point though Ads about Bolasie - he's not what we needed,  particularly at the price we are paying. And he's not playing  much because he isn't fit enough to, which makes it even worse in my opinion

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #21508 on: October 08, 2018, 03:48:31 PM »
I do have a point though Ads about Bolasie - he's not what we needed,  particularly at the price we are paying. And he's not playing  much because he isn't fit enough to, which makes it even worse in my opinion
The club have been making odd decisions like this for some years - I Daresay we could all compile a list of wtf signings over the past 10-15 years or more -  further example of crass management from the owners through to the team managers - I'd like to think the current owners are more savvy however I've yet to see much evidence of this - ergo Bruce being able to make ever more ridiculous signings albeit on loan - I really await signs of things going in the "right direction"

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21509 on: October 08, 2018, 03:54:24 PM »
I'm fine with the Bolasie move. I reckon he'll be great once he's match fit which hopefully won't be too far away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal