collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by brontebilly
[Today at 09:53:18 AM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by brontebilly
[Today at 09:51:18 AM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by trinityoap
[Today at 09:49:17 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:47:46 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269559 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Scott Hogan - retired
« Reply #2025 on: September 20, 2020, 08:44:11 AM »
I think we can safely say Scottie is not going to be their Jamie Vardy.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #2026 on: September 20, 2020, 08:54:41 AM »
I don't have a problem with Hogan.  The fee and presumably the wages were not at his instigation, but rather the throw the cash road to bankruptcy that the then owner was pursuing.   He put a shift in but it didn't work out.  It  happens.  I wish him well and hope he scores plenty of late consolation goals. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2027 on: September 20, 2020, 09:41:51 AM »
  He put a shift in but it didn't work out.  It  happens.

He didn't though, not really.  He even said so himself when he moved to Stoke.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2028 on: September 20, 2020, 10:21:14 AM »
  He put a shift in but it didn't work out.  It  happens.

He didn't though, not really.  He even said so himself when he moved to Stoke.
He completely lost, like a bloke who had been told he had won the lottery even though he hadn't bought a ticket.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2029 on: September 21, 2020, 09:54:37 AM »
He will score goals for that lot though.  If his attitude is right.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2030 on: September 21, 2020, 10:41:53 AM »
He will score goals for that lot though.  If his attitude is right.

He will need to as they don't score many. Although to be fair they don't concede many either.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2031 on: September 21, 2020, 11:38:26 AM »
“We had a list and Scott was at the top of the list at that time, we were in no hurry. We didn’t make any mistake because we knew we wanted Scotty and Scotty wanted to come back here."

And Karanka is confident that Blues' new number 9 can reproduce the form that saw him bag seven goals in nine games earlier in his loan.

“I want the Scotty Hogan who played here at the beginning of the loan – and he knows that. It is a hungry player who has come," continued Karanka.

“A four-year contract is a big show of commitment from the Club and I think is the only way to convince a player like Scotty who had a nice contract at Villa and a lot of offers to go (elsewhere).

“If he has shown commitment coming here, we have to show that same commitment. There are also three parties in this scenario and Birmingham City and Scotty wanted to be together.

“He told me he wanted to move and know he wasn’t going back. The last how many years he has had to go along knowing he had to go back again. Now it is permanent which is important for him.”

Interesting comments from Blose's journeyman manager (though most are, in fairness) Karanka. A few clubs interested but probably none willing to hand him a four year deal which is a big commitment in a division where most clubs are short on cash, pandemic or not.

I imagine it's similar to when we signed Shay Given - generous contract length because the weekly salary was too high to spread it over less years.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2032 on: September 21, 2020, 01:45:03 PM »
The sorts of veiled, snidey, anti Villa comments from those associated with them classless twats just tell me again that we should never ever do them any favours ever.  Hogan is a whiny little prick and always will be.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2033 on: September 21, 2020, 03:31:08 PM »
Totally Nan's hair's fault the whole saga. Any idiot could see he didn't suit Bruce's style of play. Presumably he talked to him before signing and wanted him to come, so apart from Hogan telling him he hasn't got a clue about tactics, i'm not sure what he could do. Nan's hair has form for this before and since Villa so, its par for the course he'd leave us with a total dud striker.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2034 on: September 21, 2020, 03:53:54 PM »
At the risk of repeating the idea of a discussion board for fans, the idea is to discuss things including players, ex players, classless clubs that are within the same vicinity.  That is why we are discussing him.  And he is of relevance since he has signed for them, saved them from relegation last season and if you believe most accounts, we are still paying for the dud's wages this season even after he has gone.

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #2035 on: September 21, 2020, 04:09:40 PM »
Not surprised to hear from Karanka that Hogan had other options. At the reported fee plus our wage subsidy, it’s a worthwhile punt for mid to low championship sides.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2036 on: September 21, 2020, 04:11:02 PM »
What will it take to move on for Hogan obsession to diminish.
He's of no relevance!
Why are people still talking about him?
He's hardly a villa legends player seeing such a thread existing so prominently makes no sense!

I'm pretty sure the endless speculation about players that aren't ours are irrelevant too, so let's stop that.

No point in chatting about past matches as we can't influence them, so forget it.

No point talking about someone's personality unless we've met them ourselves and can vouch for it, so let's get rid of most of the player threads too.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2037 on: September 21, 2020, 04:14:46 PM »
well one year left on a 50k a week contract vs 4 years on probably half that. Would guess that's what swung it for him. Doubt the other clubs were offering that sort of security

richtheholtender

richtheholtender

« Reply #2039 on: September 21, 2020, 06:28:55 PM »
The gift that keeps giving

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal