collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269578 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Scott Hogan - on loan at Stoke
« Reply #1695 on: January 28, 2020, 10:00:57 AM »
As crap as Hogan is I’d still rather we didn’t help THEM out with loans. There’s no way they will be paying all of his wages, as was also the case with Gardner. They despise us, physically attack our players, and yet we’re helping them out. We shouldn’t give them the steam off our piss.

Have to agree with this. Either pay all his wages (which they clearly can't) or you dont have him.

Hang on, they're taking a player off our hands who is widely regarded as being one of the worst strikers we've had in decades. How are we helping them out exactly?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1696 on: January 28, 2020, 10:24:59 AM »
As crap as Hogan is I’d still rather we didn’t help THEM out with loans. There’s no way they will be paying all of his wages, as was also the case with Gardner. They despise us, physically attack our players, and yet we’re helping them out. We shouldn’t give them the steam off our piss.

Have to agree with this. Either pay all his wages (which they clearly can't) or you dont have him.

Hang on, they're taking a player off our hands who is widely regarded as being one of the worst strikers we've had in decades. How are we helping them out exactly?

Plus, it seems like our contract is with Stoke and they've sub let him to Birmingham. They're most likely taking the hit on the wages.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1697 on: January 28, 2020, 10:26:00 AM »
Just because someone was rubbish for us, doesn't mean it's inconceivable he could be okay for them. I'd rather we had told him to stay at Stoke until a more suitable offer came in.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1698 on: January 28, 2020, 10:30:28 AM »

Exactly.  He's awful, and it's been a while since he helped any club in a positive way.  All he's going to do is to continue to drain Stoke's finances to whatever extent they're contributing to his wages, and make a crap team like Small Heath a smidge crapper than they were before.  He burned his bridges with his interview when he joined Stoke, so he can piss off and continue his spiral into football oblivion for all I care.  If anything it's quite funny that some Noses might actually harbour some hope that he might be quite good.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #1699 on: January 28, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »

Who is their best player now, is it that Bellingham lad?  Maybe we are doing the same thing as with Jota last year, and in the summer we will get him for Scott Hogan and a bag of crisps.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1700 on: January 28, 2020, 12:22:34 PM »
Just because someone was rubbish for us, doesn't mean it's inconceivable he could be okay for them. I'd rather we had told him to stay at Stoke until a more suitable offer came in.

I'm sure we're no worse off from the deal. He's done fuck all anywhere since we signed him and loaned him out. Maybe Stoke will get better with him gone and them lot get worse...

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1701 on: January 28, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »
I look at it as further evidence that small heath so desperately want to be Aston Villa. They follow our results closely, they know our financial situation like it's their own club and they crave our players. Like the Gardener/Jota swap was set up long before last summer's transfer window (when Gardener was there on loan) maybe Hogan has gone there potentially as the prelude to a Hogan/Bellingham (I think that's his name) swap deal next summer!

Could you imagine the explosion of hatred over on SHA if we bought Bellingham?!?!   ;D

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #1702 on: January 28, 2020, 12:31:44 PM »
I actually think he'd be a reasonable signing for them. He's capable of being an average Championship striker, which I assume is a level above most of their players.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #1703 on: January 28, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »
I look at it as further evidence that small heath so desperately want to be Aston Villa. They follow our results closely, they know our financial situation like it's their own club and they crave our players. Like the Gardener/Jota swap was set up long before last summer's transfer window (when Gardener was there on loan) maybe Hogan has gone there potentially as the prelude to a Hogan/Bellingham (I think that's his name) swap deal next summer!

Could you imagine the explosion of hatred over on SHA if we bought Bellingham?!?!   ;D

Yes, I think he's going to be a good player. Hogan has lost nearly all his value and Bellingham is obviously worth much more. He is probably better than many of those much vaunted Liverpool youth players like Elliott. It all depends on how long Blues will be able to hold out and for how much.

Offline kieron

« Reply #1704 on: January 29, 2020, 12:22:36 PM »

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #1705 on: January 29, 2020, 12:30:00 PM »
Yes!

Offline kieron

« Reply #1706 on: January 29, 2020, 12:35:45 PM »
Looks chuffed to bits.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1707 on: January 29, 2020, 01:02:55 PM »

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1708 on: January 29, 2020, 01:04:06 PM »
Your mission, Agent Hogan, should you choose to accept it, is to make certain that Blues self-destruct in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Offline frank black

« Reply #1709 on: January 29, 2020, 01:04:48 PM »
Thoughts and prayers Scott

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal