collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269630 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Scott Hogan - confirmed
« Reply #1200 on: October 11, 2018, 12:02:01 AM »
'It (a 4-1-4-1 formation) led to less chances, less touches in the box. But I did what the manager asked me to do, he only ever asked me to work hard.'

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1201 on: October 11, 2018, 12:04:38 AM »
'It (a 4-1-4-1 formation) led to less chances, less touches in the box. But I did what the manager asked me to do, he only ever asked me to work hard.'

Roll your sleeves up. Fuck me what a forward thinking tactic that is.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1202 on: October 11, 2018, 12:16:15 AM »
I'll put up his direct quotes

Headline :
My head wasn't completely in it:' Scott Hogan accuses Steve Bruce of false promises at Aston Villa

'The most difficult thing in football is not playing when you're fit. The second most difficult is playing in a system where there is just no way on this earth it's suited to you, you are hung out to dry a little bit.

'It (a 4-1-4-1 formation) led to less chances, less touches in the box. But I did what the manager asked me to do, he only ever asked me to work hard.

'I knocked on his door a couple of days before the window shut just to find out what was going on. Sheff United were very interested.

I wasn't allowed to leave. He was adamant that he didn't want me to go, he said I had a future playing as a striker and I was assured we were going to change the way we were playing.

'So it was disappointing for me two days later when he signed a striker and nothing changed at all.

'I then had an injury, which didn't help, but for the past five weeks I've been fit. So it's frustrating, but it's more frustrating when there is no answer. If you have a reason why you're not playing, you can go and work on it.

'People say you've got to be professional, train your best and all that, but it's difficult because you know you're not getting anything out of it. My head wasn't completely in it if I'm honest, because you knew no matter what you did that week, you weren't going to play, so there was nothing you could do except go home.'

But whoever it is, it doesn't matter, you've got a clean slate. Lads who have been playing will be fearing for places and lads who haven't will be thinking, "This is my chance to establish myself in the team now, get the club to where it belongs and become a hero". Hopefully I can be one of those people.'

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1203 on: October 11, 2018, 04:10:12 AM »
There you go. That says everything about Steve Bruce.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1204 on: October 11, 2018, 04:32:47 AM »
Might start with a  clean slate with the management but has all to prove.  He just does not look a 20 goals per season striker.  Will take a complete change  of tactics for him to receive positive service not sure if that is  just a step too far.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1205 on: October 11, 2018, 07:20:14 AM »
I'm not Scotty's biggest fan but let's see what a change of managerial philosophy might bring.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1206 on: October 11, 2018, 07:35:06 AM »
Scott’s problem is that if we build a system to accommodate one forward, he’s not good enough to be it.

Online nigel

« Reply #1207 on: October 11, 2018, 07:42:20 AM »
Might start with a  clean slate with the management but has all to prove. He just does not look a 20 goals per season striker.  Will take a complete change  of tactics for him to receive positive service not sure if that is  just a step too far.

In fairness Harry Kane wouldn't have looked a 20 goal per season striker the way we were playing!!

Pair Hogan with Abraham up front, El Gazi and Bolasie wide with Jack linking in behind

Offline manic-road

« Reply #1208 on: October 11, 2018, 07:51:21 AM »
Any player left out by a manager is going to have a gripe, is Hogan really better than Tammy or Kodjia?

He can have no excuses now with the Dean Smith as manager, and if he's good enough he'll get a chance.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #1209 on: October 11, 2018, 07:58:12 AM »
There you go. That says everything about Steve Bruce.

Players not playing are going to moan, but yes that’s quite an indictment

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1210 on: October 11, 2018, 09:14:59 AM »
Scott’s problem is that if we build a system to accommodate one forward, he’s not good enough to be it.

I disagree, he was a free scoring forward at Brentford. Bruce had no confidence in him, no wonder Hogan got fed up. Interesting that Scott said he's been ready to play for 5 weeks. Bruce kept saying "he's not quite ready" for the last month or so. Bruce has gone down in my estimation.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1211 on: October 11, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »

I’d like to think the team will now tactically adapt to who is playing up front versus playing just playing one way irrespective of who our strikers are.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1212 on: October 11, 2018, 12:04:31 PM »

I disagree, he was a free scoring forward at Brentford. Bruce had no confidence in him, no wonder Hogan got fed up. Interesting that Scott said he's been ready to play for 5 weeks. Bruce kept saying "he's not quite ready" for the last month or so. Bruce has gone down in my estimation.

Bruce's bullshit about players almost always coincides with a transfer window. If Hogan was fit 5 weeks ago then the board may not have let him sign Tammy, so lie about it and then leave Hogan in limbo for another month to prove that we had to get Tammy in.  Think back, he fucked us up in the striker department in his first window to ensure he got the money for Hogan, he spoke about building his team around Grealish at 10 as soon as he got injured (despite giving him about 10 minutes there in the 9-10 months to that point) so he could get Snodgrass. Kodjia was probably out for the rest of the season in Early December before coming back into full training at the end of Feb and eing available for the last 8-9 games. I'm fairly sure he said something about Jedinak before we signed Whelan as well.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #1213 on: October 11, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »
A certain Mr Hogan should be pleased by this appointment. Certainly doesn't pull any punches when asked about Brucey here....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6262913/Aston-Villa-Scott-Hogan-accuses-Steve-Bruce-false-promises.html
#dontbuythedailymail

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1214 on: October 11, 2018, 12:08:28 PM »
A certain Mr Hogan should be pleased by this appointment. Certainly doesn't pull any punches when asked about Brucey here....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6262913/Aston-Villa-Scott-Hogan-accuses-Steve-Bruce-false-promises.html
#dontbuythedailymail

Buy The Mail. It helps with identification.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal