collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269643 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Scott Hogan - confirmed
« Reply #1080 on: January 21, 2018, 01:57:06 PM »
He's on fire at the moment I'm so pleased for him long may it continue.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1081 on: January 21, 2018, 02:31:49 PM »
Ive been very vocal in my criticism of Hogan but I'm delighted that he appears to have rammed my words of condemnation down my throat. Long may it continue and I thought he was desperately unlucky not to get a hat trick yesterday.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1082 on: January 21, 2018, 02:40:09 PM »
Is there a bit of Bent about this guy, a poacher but does not bring much else to the game?
Don’t get me wrong, I am more than happy with that as long as we continue to play to his strength.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1083 on: January 21, 2018, 02:43:14 PM »
He works way harder than Darren Bent in my opinion. And I’m talking about the pre injury one. With Bent for the most part you had cater to his game. Hogan compliments the overall approach to play and now on form is a clinical final piece to many of or moves.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1084 on: January 21, 2018, 04:31:58 PM »
He reached rock bottom at Middlesbrough I thought. Had a poor game and stopped even showing for the ball. RHM came on, changed the game and it looked a bit ominous for Hogan.

Since then he seemed to shake himself out of it and looked a different player. Maybe some fresh ideas for Agnew helped him.

I think Grealish moving into midfield has also helped him.  Before that, the emphasis was very much on the lone striker holding the ball up and they were often isolated  which didn't suit his game at all.

Grealish has been carrying the ball forward from midfield which has meant Hogan can make runs in behind rather than be the focal point. 

Offline levico

« Reply #1085 on: January 21, 2018, 05:23:12 PM »
He works way harder than Darren Bent in my opinion. And I’m talking about the pre injury one. With Bent for the most part you had cater to his game. Hogan compliments the overall approach to play and now on form is a clinical final piece to many of or moves.

Couldn’t agree more. I watched him closely yesterday and for me he was our hardest worker.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1086 on: January 23, 2018, 09:32:36 PM »
Apparently he touched the ball 12 times on Saturday. Yet could easily have had a hat trick

That still sounds extremely unusual. But it’s definitely only possible if you’re playing much more through midfield. Previously we were very much going back to front and playing from there

I think that has to be down to grealish, Agnew and probably above all confidence

But Keinan will still have a massive role to play as it won’t work every week

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1087 on: January 23, 2018, 09:39:46 PM »
Apparently he touched the ball 12 times on Saturday. Yet could easily have had a hat trick

That still sounds extremely unusual. But it’s definitely only possible if you’re playing much more through midfield. Previously we were very much going back to front and playing from there

I think that has to be down to grealish, Agnew and probably above all confidence

But Keinan will still have a massive role to play as it won’t work every week
12 times, is what I was alluding to, he does not do hold up or build up play.( not sure he can)
He is a poacher and they thrive on quick ball and getting on the end of things.
As someone who had written him off I am delighted that he is now performing and long may it continue.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1088 on: January 23, 2018, 09:42:28 PM »
There’s not being a hold up player and there’s barely touching the ball

Three successful passes all game according to the below. That’s pretty extraordinary. And I can’t really see him doing anything at premier league level with that sort of contribution. But it’s working at the moment.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1192524/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2017-2018-Aston-Villa-Barnsley

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1089 on: January 23, 2018, 09:48:03 PM »

But Keinan will still have
What about when he held the ball up following a clearence from their corner and drove the game on 30 yards, knocking it right to Grealish who squared it to Hourihane, who slotted wide. That was excellent hold up play.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1090 on: January 23, 2018, 09:55:18 PM »
I guess that was one of the three

Or those stats are bollocks

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1091 on: January 23, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »
He only needed three touches for his goals and the effort that hit the post.  Data is often awry. One touch, goal. I'm happy with that.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #1092 on: January 27, 2018, 03:21:10 PM »
is it the grealish factor ere playing more balls to feet than slinging it in that's brought the change of fortunes, I don't know , but I like it.

3 of Hogans 4 goals have been with his head. 

Glad he is started scoring fingers crossed it continues.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1093 on: January 27, 2018, 05:19:07 PM »
He'll get the winner at Bramall Lane and then be awarded the Championship's Player of the Month for Jan thus completing a crazy 12 months. His star finally on the rise a year after we bought him.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #1094 on: January 27, 2018, 07:24:17 PM »
He'll get the winner at Bramall Lane and then be awarded the Championship's Player of the Month for Jan thus completing a crazy 12 months. His star finally on the rise a year after we bought him.
I'm lovin' your optimism. Fingers crossed - it would be a nice story.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal