collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 06:32:28 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:32:23 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Paul.S
[Today at 06:29:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269660 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Scott Hogan - confirmed
« Reply #975 on: November 04, 2017, 11:54:47 PM »
The solution for me is to sell him in January and hopefully get some of the fee we payed for him back, then spend the money on a striker that will fit into Bruce's system.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #976 on: November 04, 2017, 11:57:21 PM »
just play it on the floor in the last third. surely we're not hoofing it 100% of the time? Bruce can still do what he likes doing.  if he gets in those positions with the ball and messes up then fair enough, but at least give him the chance. As it is there seems to be no understanding between him and the midfielders where he wants the ball played

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #977 on: November 05, 2017, 08:26:07 AM »
Square peg round hole. And he’s very square.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #978 on: November 05, 2017, 02:38:20 PM »
The solution for me is to sell him in January and hopefully get some of the fee we payed for him back, then spend the money on a striker that will fit into Bruce's system.

Support Crouch.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #979 on: November 05, 2017, 10:20:35 PM »

Support Crouch.

We had him once remember? He was the Scott Hogan of his day.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #980 on: November 05, 2017, 10:59:25 PM »

Support Crouch.

Not really.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #981 on: November 06, 2017, 07:45:11 AM »
He had a chance on Saturday to at least put a full shift in, yes he was pushed wide, but certain players and I think Scotty is one of them do not mind that as it gives them a ready made excuse and also a chance to hide.
I watched him on Saturday and to me he just did not give the effort that a player that realy is out to prove people wrong, in fact he appears to have fallen into the Gabby, Richards school of, best wage I am ever going to get and if the manager does not fancy me anymore, who am I to give a flying f....

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #982 on: November 06, 2017, 02:25:49 PM »
hugely disappointed in Hogan and his attitude. fuck the fucker.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #983 on: November 06, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »
If you watched the last warm-up routine on Saturday you may have noticed that no one passed to him (it involved Whelan and Hourihane getting the ball, passing into either Adomah or Snodgrass and a ball being delivered into the centre with Davis and Hogan waiting: every pass went to Davis, without exception ... and it looked quite intentional). I wonder if he has simply become a persona non grata in the club?

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #984 on: November 06, 2017, 02:59:25 PM »
Hopefully Grealish will help his style of play, if they are both on the pitch at the same time. I noticed from the highlights on Saturday when Snodgrass had a long range effort there was a huge gap that Hogan was moving into and it just needed a crafty through ball from Snodgrass and he would have been in. Hogan was on the shoulders of the defenders but the ball was shot instead of played through. I hope he gets a chance to show what he has but I get the feeling it ain't gonna happen for him with the way we play.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #985 on: November 06, 2017, 05:32:45 PM »
Hopefully Grealish will help his style of play, if they are both on the pitch at the same time. I noticed from the highlights on Saturday when Snodgrass had a long range effort there was a huge gap that Hogan was moving into and it just needed a crafty through ball from Snodgrass and he would have been in. Hogan was on the shoulders of the defenders but the ball was shot instead of played through. I hope he gets a chance to show what he has but I get the feeling it ain't gonna happen for him with the way we play.
I think he has shown what he has.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #986 on: November 06, 2017, 06:38:25 PM »

Support Crouch.

Crouch would be brilliant in this division.

Problem is he's still Stoke's best striker so he's going nowhere unless they want to get relegated.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #987 on: December 09, 2017, 11:39:44 PM »
We've got to the point now were by we don't use him in any capacity, I'm torn between being relieved that we've stopped using him as a target man substitute, and being pissed off that we blew our summer budget on him without having a plan on how to utilise him.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #988 on: December 10, 2017, 12:28:28 AM »
Sell him, cut our losses and bring someone else in, who can adapt to the awkward way we play the ball forward.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #989 on: December 12, 2017, 12:55:00 AM »
A friend of mine told me yesterday that one of his friends from Manchester (I know, I know) knows Scott Hogan's mum who said that there has been a fall out between Hogan and some of the other first team players resulting in them not passing to him??? He even said this was about 6 weeks/2 months ago which would support Mister E's comment/observation on the 6th Nov. My friend had Hogan in his fantasy team which is how the conversation came about. I hope it's bollocks, but it was a pretty random conversation. Not sure if his mum lives in the Manchester area? I presume she did at one point.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal