collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269593 times)

Offline exigo

Re: Scott Hogan - confirmed
« Reply #885 on: October 31, 2017, 12:43:18 PM »
Work colleague has one of the Brentford backroom staff as a flatmate. He reckons that Hogan is not at all happy at Villa – still living in London and commuting up, and very critical of the coaching work done each week. At Brentford, they'd have three distinct sessions that were set up to how the opposition were expected to play against them; at Villa, it's a bit more bibs and cones.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #886 on: October 31, 2017, 01:02:52 PM »
Work colleague has one of the Brentford backroom staff as a flatmate. He reckons that Hogan is not at all happy at Villa – still living in London and commuting up, and very critical of the coaching work done each week. At Brentford, they'd have three distinct sessions that were set up to how the opposition were expected to play against them; at Villa, it's a bit more bibs and cones.

Do we set up for a draw against the bibs and cones too?

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #887 on: October 31, 2017, 01:04:31 PM »
Sounds brill...where are Brentford in the table again?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #888 on: October 31, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »
very critical of the coaching work done each week. At Brentford, they'd have three distinct sessions that were set up to how the opposition were expected to play against them; at Villa, it's a bit more bibs and cones.

Is anyone  really surprised at this?

Outdated methods
Outdated tactics
Outdated Manager

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #889 on: October 31, 2017, 01:14:40 PM »
I bet they still use bibs and cones.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #890 on: October 31, 2017, 01:27:43 PM »
Bibs dont suprise me . Bruce wouldnt want to get any of his kebab down his Villa top would he.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #891 on: October 31, 2017, 01:37:48 PM »

Probably is brill’ as they easily matched us this season again. And, I imagine if they opted for the bibs and cones method they could well be bottom.

No wonder they no longer allow the public easy access to training at BH any more as we’d no doubt be astounded as to outdated it really is.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #892 on: October 31, 2017, 02:00:11 PM »
I feel sorry for Hogan. Not his fault the fee was high, not his fault he was bought with no idea how to get the best out of him. Why SB stuck him out on the left on Sunday still baffles me.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #893 on: October 31, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »

they're 7 points below us.

villa's turnover 15/16 - £108m
brentford turnover 15/16 - £10.6m

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #894 on: October 31, 2017, 02:04:18 PM »
I suspect he's not happy because he's not playing..and rightly so. Would love to see him get a run of games up top with Davis now Kodija is out. However, two up front may be a little too attacking for our manager...Think him and Davis could be decent together. He needs a run of games...

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #895 on: October 31, 2017, 02:33:13 PM »

they're 7 points below us.

villa's turnover 15/16 - £108m
brentford turnover 15/16 - £10.6m

Bibs and cones ain't cheap!

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #896 on: October 31, 2017, 04:43:52 PM »
he'll be gone in January, right up there with the £12m tossed into a camp fire for McCormack.

Offline oldham_villa

« Reply #897 on: October 31, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »
You only have to see how he doesn't interact with any of his team - there's something not right.

As suggested earlier, irrespective of the playing style not playing to SH's strength, he has shown little if anything of a level of desire to make something out of nothing.

Absolutely sick of us wasting money.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #898 on: October 31, 2017, 08:27:16 PM »

Do we set up for a draw against the bibs and cones too?

Hogan gets introduced late into the fray, but is unable to break down the cones.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:52:29 PM by mrfuse »

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #899 on: October 31, 2017, 10:33:32 PM »
I don't have a problem with Hogan and I feel a bit sorry for him. I think he's not been given a proper chance as in a run of successive full games to prove himself (perhaps we can't really afford such a luxury, but it doesn't exactly demonstrate much faith in him from the man who paid umpteen million for him).   He's usually used as a late sub with very little time to get up to speed with the game or make an impact.  Most players would find that difficult but new strikers under pressure to get off the mark even more so.  He's playing in a "system" that doesn't generate much attacking will let alone chances and the whole approach is not suited to his strengths.  If we had someone like Hourihane or Lansbury or even Grealish doing a no 10 type role and threading through some clever through balls for him to run on to I think he'd get goals.   But we don't play that way and it seems Bruce has no intention of trying to. The only mystery to me is why Bruce bought him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal