collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269641 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Scott Hogan - confirmed
« Reply #780 on: October 06, 2017, 01:03:16 PM »
I think him and Onomah are two good subs to bring on. They've both got a lot of energy.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #781 on: October 06, 2017, 02:53:03 PM »
If you were to take off a wide man and Kodjia and leave Davis up top with Hogan, and Grealish in behind, you'd have the makings of a very potent threat. Formation wise we'd go from 4-4-2 to 4-3-1-2.Those three would play together as a unit whereas with Kodjia you get a one man band, albeit a very good one!!

It would give us options.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #782 on: October 06, 2017, 03:05:40 PM »
If you were to take off a wide man and Kodjia and leave Davis up top with Hogan, and Grealish in behind, you'd have the makings of a very potent threat. Formation wise we'd go from 4-4-2 to 4-3-1-2.Those three would play together as a unit whereas with Kodjia you get a one man band, albeit a very good one!!

It would, it just looks a lot riskier than the current set up, and would require us to leave out Kodjia, and one of Adomah or Snodgrass, our three best current players in an attacking sense.  I'm really not sure that Bruce is the manager to get Grealish and Hogan firing in that formation.

I'd rather see something like if we need alternatives:

Davis
Grealish Kodjia
Hourihane Whelan Snodgrass

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #783 on: October 06, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »

It would, it just looks a lot riskier than the current set up, and would require us to leave out Kodjia, and one of Adomah or Snodgrass, our three best current players in an attacking sense.  I'm really not sure that Bruce is the manager to get Grealish and Hogan firing in that formation.

Davis
Grealish Kodjia

That's another one, yes. Though given this thread is about Hogan, I thought I'd include him!

I know my proposal was riskier than our current set-up, but I guess that was the point really, it shifts emphasis to attack and creativity and would make our opponents have to think and change too. We've a solid foundation already and the players could cope I think.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #784 on: October 06, 2017, 04:57:56 PM »

Davis
Grealish Kodjia

The trouble with both those ideas is it simultaneously requires our full backs to support the attack by providing width (or we end up struggling to break down teams who're playing for the draw as we're too narrow) and leaves us horribly exposed when the opposition has the ball (as seen against Forest when Snodgrass couldn't be arsed to defend all second half and their full back spent the whole half doubling up on Elmohamady).

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #785 on: October 06, 2017, 05:06:53 PM »

Davis
Grealish Kodjia

The trouble with both those ideas is it simultaneously requires our full backs to support the attack by providing width (or we end up struggling to break down teams who're playing for the draw as we're too narrow) and leaves us horribly exposed when the opposition has the ball (as seen against Forest when Snodgrass couldn't be arsed to defend all second half and their full back spent the whole half doubling up on Elmohamady).
I don't disagree, but just in terms of Snodgrass bear in mind he had hardly played any football this season up to that point and was probably knackered.  I think he's a pretty hardworking player normally.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #786 on: October 06, 2017, 05:21:45 PM »

Davis
Grealish Kodjia

I don't disagree, but just in terms of Snodgrass bear in mind he had hardly played any football this season up to that point and was probably knackered.  I think he's a pretty hardworking player normally.

Absolutely - he looked a different player against Bolton.

But it just demonstrated that without fit wingers in front of them our fullbacks struggle to cope.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #787 on: October 06, 2017, 06:31:47 PM »
Grealish will be an impact sub when he comes back.

Up to him to win some points and maybe then he can get back into the starting 11.

Atm Adomah would be ahead as he has end product and think Snodgrass will be at that level very soon.

It's good we have options off the bench which we didn't really have last year as the bench players were out of form or just signings that didn't work (McCormack, Tishbola etc.)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #788 on: October 14, 2017, 07:52:02 PM »
Did Hogan so much as touch the ball when he came on? Compare him to some of the similarly expensive Wolves signings, it would almost be funny if it wasn’t so fucking embarrassing.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #789 on: October 14, 2017, 07:54:12 PM »
Did Hogan so much as touch the ball when he came on? Compare him to some of the similarly expensive Wolves signings, it would almost be funny if it wasn’t so fucking embarrassing.
And compare him to Ohare as well.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #790 on: October 14, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »
Sell him in January rather than let his value completely diminish. The way we play it's like throwing a fish on the pitch and watching it flail around for 15 minutes.

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #791 on: October 14, 2017, 08:44:10 PM »

Scott Hogan has a talent, primarily that is picking a decent ball up in the channels, using his pace and shooting on target. Our manager, the man who bought him, generally using him as a replacement for a big number 9 and not changing the system, is shameful and a waste

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #792 on: October 14, 2017, 08:47:46 PM »
Wouldn't shock me if he hands in a transfer request.

I know he's on a huge amount but no way can he be enjoying his football as much as he was at Brentford.

Just cut our losses, he dosen't fit into our style.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #793 on: October 14, 2017, 08:52:55 PM »
Well we don't actually have a style.

Davis gets in the team because he's big and Kodjia gets in the side because he can magic something out of nothing. There's no actual link up between midfield and attack most of the time.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #794 on: October 14, 2017, 09:32:46 PM »
Wouldn't shock me if he hands in a transfer request.

I know he's on a huge amount but no way can he be enjoying his football as much as he was at Brentford.

Just cut our losses, he dosen't fit into our style.

Or change our style to be good...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal