collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269608 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Scott Hogan - confirmed
« Reply #660 on: September 20, 2017, 10:15:56 PM »
Had Bruce looked at his goals? And how to get the best out of him? I doubt it....When Jack is fit Hogan might thrive as he is more likely to get the right service. But, Bruce doesn't always play Jack in his strongest position!

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #661 on: September 20, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #662 on: September 20, 2017, 10:57:41 PM »
Had Bruce looked at his goals? And how to get the best out of him? I doubt it....When Jack is fit Hogan might thrive as he is more likely to get the right service. But, Bruce doesn't always play Jack in his strongest position!

Has he looked at him? You're having a laugh. If this was Football Manager I wouldn't use a lump it up to him tactic and I manage Villa in my boxers. So why is so called professional football manager?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #663 on: September 20, 2017, 11:06:15 PM »
He and Bruce had words when Hogan was substituted last night, and by the look of body language they were not very friendly

Someone said the same about Elphick. Player mutiny might be the easiest way of getting rid of our fucking manager. Isn't that what did for Dolly? And Garde in a way.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #664 on: September 20, 2017, 11:10:38 PM »

Might help if Hogan could actually finish his one on ones.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #665 on: September 20, 2017, 11:25:30 PM »
Are we sure we haven't signed the famous Jimmy Hogan instead?!

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #666 on: September 20, 2017, 11:33:05 PM »
&feature=share

Can we sign this fella?

Ive watched that and I can't see a single goal where the centre half or goalie get the assist via a long hoof down the middle.

On that basis he's clearly no good to us!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #667 on: September 20, 2017, 11:42:21 PM »
Interesting watch.

Plenty of goals there where the ball is bobbling around the six yard box from corners and crosses and he gets on the end of them, that's the sort of goal poacher I was expecting but the ball just hasn't run for him.

People were posting the McCormack YT videos this time last year which made him look world class (in fairness there were some great long range strikes in there) but it just hasn't happened for him here like it hasn't for Hogan.

It happens to all clubs and we've had more than our share of forwards in the past who've suffered the same fate.

Kodjia is excellent we know that and Davis is developing nicely so I'm happy enough for those two to take up the burden up to xmas.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #668 on: September 21, 2017, 08:07:38 AM »
&feature=share

Can we sign this fella?
He's good; very good.
Not all of the goals are tap-ins: several require him to do stuff!

It beggars belief that we are struggling for goals and cannot get the best out of this fella.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #669 on: September 21, 2017, 10:45:26 AM »
I am struggling to think of a player I have seen play for us who has had less impact on a game than Hogan.  I understand that the service wasn't great again last night, but he had absolutely no affect on the game whatsoever.  I fully understand it must be difficult when the service is so limited, but he doesn't make it difficult for defenders at all and they seem to have such an easy time against him.

Remember Guy Whittingham? Didn't we sign him on the back of a 40+ goal season? Then when he played for us he simply didn't fit. Left us with single figure goals.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #670 on: September 21, 2017, 10:53:42 AM »
Big Ron tried to play him in a three, never worked. Same goes for when Sir Brian signed Collymore.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #671 on: September 21, 2017, 11:43:44 AM »
What formation did Brentford play Scott Hogan in? I assume they played 2 up front?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:03:30 PM by Diablo »

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #672 on: September 21, 2017, 11:53:18 AM »
to be fair any time we buy somebody who looks great , they come here and turn into rubbish, the club seems cursed .

every unknown Benteke we sign there seems to be 30 players who just devalue as soon as they put a villa shirt on.

It would help If Bruce played him to his strengths instead of just hoofing it up to him .  I mean its took SB long enough to realise you need to support Davis instead of leaving him on his own 40 yards up the pitch.

in fact I have no idea what SB does here .

I think there is a good player in Hogan and most teams in this division would kill for a Hogan , Davis and Kodja forward line. We just need a manager who can actually play them to their strengths.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #673 on: September 21, 2017, 12:16:03 PM »
I am struggling to think of a player I have seen play for us who has had less impact on a game than Hogan.  I understand that the service wasn't great again last night, but he had absolutely no affect on the game whatsoever.  I fully understand it must be difficult when the service is so limited, but he doesn't make it difficult for defenders at all and they seem to have such an easy time against him.

Remember Guy Whittingham? Didn't we sign him on the back of a 40+ goal season? Then when he played for us he simply didn't fit. Left us with single figure goals.

Certainly do.  Gary Penrice was another one.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #674 on: September 21, 2017, 12:38:32 PM »

Certainly do.  Gary Penrice was another one.

To be fair to Whttingham and Penrice they both came from a lower division. Whittingham was only given 25 games and Penrice just twenty (I actually though Penrice played even less than that). You can also guarantee that in both cases those totals included coming on as sub a fair few times.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal